Seasonal/part time

ldsprincess

Original Poster
i'm currently in college in georgia, but am looking into transferring to the orlando area for next semester. i was wondering what information i could get on working seasonal during the summer and how the hiring process goes. does it take a long time to get hired on? my dream would be entertainment, but i don't know how long the hiring process is or if i could get it. so, in the end, i would really take any position, although something in entertainment would be the best! anyway, could anyone give me any advice or point me in the right direction. also, when school starts in august or september, how would switching over to part time work? any input would be great. thanks a ton!

Mecha Figment

okay, I guess i'll step in and just lay it out there for you.

currently Walt disney world is on a hiring freeze for many of it's departments. Especially entertainment. In order to be eligible for seasonal status you have to work either Part time for a good while, or Full time. You can't start off seasonal, since getting a position is very hard right now. IF disney had their way they would eliminate seasonal positions. I know people who have worked for the company for a long time as part time and have been waiting close to 8 months for a full time spot.

I'm not trying to discurage you, I just want you to be prepaired for it if you do go for it.

ldsprincess

Original Poster
oh dear, well, i may have to start looking for a job somewhere else then...if i did apply, should i do so as full time and then ask for a schedule change once school starts? or should i just wait...i had always planned on doing the college program, but that was before i planned on moving to florida anyway. i don't know if the school that i'm applying to gives credit for the college program or not, so i guess that's something i'll need to check into. but for now, i'm gonna seriously need a job starting in about may or june...hmm...this could be tricky.

PLeyava

You can also become seasonal by successfully completing the CP, many of my friends did. But the freeze is in effect, sadly.

Looks like the only way you could work for Disney right now is to do a CP.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom