'Season of the Force' seasonal event to debut at Disney's Hollywood Studios in early 2016

erasure fan1

There is a difference between being cheap, and just wasting money. To have fully developed and buildable plans for a ride takes a lot of time and money, so it's a lot to ask to develop these plans for every movie considering most will never be built. Having some blue sky concepts would be feasible, but not fully developed plans. Even if they did have complete plans, it would take a couple years to build the attraction (even if you fast tracked it, it would still be at least a year), and by that point you would have lost a lot of the synergy. Personally I am ok with things like a M&G, and the Frozen Sing Along that give you a quick tie in to the movie, then letting the major attractions come later.

With that said, Star Wars is a different story since it's an established franchise with a proven track record.
Yes you are right as far as a major ride would go. The talk was more about the small attractions like frozen fun type stuff and that was what I was talking about. I don't expect every movie to have an E-ticket ready to go if needed. But to have some ideas of ways to use an IP in the parks that doesn't feel like the Krusty Sponge isn't asking too much.

boufa

For every Frozen there are a dozen Mars needs moms, and John Carter, and Lone Ranger. The reason sequels get so over hyped is that there is far less risk involved. I don't want to go to the parks and see tie-in shows, etc for every single movie property they are trying to push. A world where Wishes becomes Mosters-Uishes, or whatever. Every summer, everything that we love gets taken over by whatever property is in the movies. The entire park becomes one large infomercial for the movie division... Cancel my trip, I'm not going to that park.

YodaMan

Any chance this is something new coming for Seasons of the Force or just in relation to the new Jedi Training Show? From the audition calendar:

"Interactive Actors for a New Event Offering

Disney Parks and Talent Casting is seeking Interactive Actors for a new Star Wars event offering at the Walt Disney World® Resort near Orlando, FL.

Performers employed by the Walt Disney World® Resort are covered under the terms and conditions of a collective bargaining agreement with Actors' Equity Association.

Seeking:

Interactive Actors: 20s - 30s. Knowledge of all things Star Wars. Ability to facilitate to and entertain large groups. Comedic timing and have the ability to improvise."

afb28

hoping they bring the BB8 sippers here

sounds like those are selling like crazy so may need to go opening day to find out

ToTBellHop

We'll be there opening night on the 5th. Kind of wish it wasn't going on as the crowds will likely be nuts, but I already have ADR setup so I guess I'll enjoy the fireworks. :)
There are no fireworks on 1/5. Only Friday, Saturday, Sunday. So the first night of fireworks is 1/8.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Any chance this is something new coming for Seasons of the Force or just in relation to the new Jedi Training Show? From the audition calendar:

"Interactive Actors for a New Event Offering

Disney Parks and Talent Casting is seeking Interactive Actors for a new Star Wars event offering at the Walt Disney World® Resort near Orlando, FL.

Performers employed by the Walt Disney World® Resort are covered under the terms and conditions of a collective bargaining agreement with Actors' Equity Association.

Seeking:

Interactive Actors: 20s - 30s. Knowledge of all things Star Wars. Ability to facilitate to and entertain large groups. Comedic timing and have the ability to improvise."

Jar Jar's comedy revue...

YodaMan

So is there nothing further coming for Seasons of the Force? Don't get me wrong, all that sounds good. But is the only difference in the offerings between the month of December and the month of January (when Seasons "officially" begins) the fact that there are fireworks on the weekends only?

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Which is why I used the word consistently. Lilo & Stitch was a pretty big hit for the 2000s, and that was followed by Treasure Planet (did well critically, huge box office disappointment), Brother Bear (people seem to really not like that movie), Home on the Range (KILL IT WITH FIRE!), and Chicken Little, which prompted Disney to go, "You know, let's just buy Pixar already."

Treasure Planet liked that one but as I recall release timing sucked - I cant recall what it was but some movie geek should know
Brother Bear was a mismash of every 'Noble Savage trope out there' people really hate being preached at
Home on the Range (NUKE IT FROM ORBIT, IT"S THE ONLY WAY)
Chicken Little - a fun movie which also suffered from bloody awful release timing

Disney makes the assumption if they make a movie EVERYONE has to watch it that hubris really hurts them.

andysol

So is there nothing further coming for Seasons of the Force? Don't get me wrong, all that sounds good. But is the only difference in the offerings between the month of December and the month of January (when Seasons "officially" begins) the fact that there are fireworks on the weekends only?

And stormtroopers are walking around. Stormtroopers!!!

I cant wait to see what they do when I yell "Andy's Coming"

doctornick

I tend to agree. At a minimum, I was expecting/hoping the fireworks would be daily. A small parade like the Frozen procession would have been nice. Are there additional M&Gs beyond the walk around troopers?

Greenlawler

There are no fireworks on 1/5. Only Friday, Saturday, Sunday. So the first night of fireworks is 1/8.

I think this is really odd timing, January 8,9,10th is Marathon Weekend.

Wow I am actually going to get to be at a Special Event for once without having to plan another trip!

Seems very un-Disney like to have two events that would draw crowds at the same weekend. You know all the hardcore fans will want to be at the event's opening weekend.

YodaMan

I tend to agree. At a minimum, I was expecting/hoping the fireworks would be daily. A small parade like the Frozen procession would have been nice. Are there additional M&Gs beyond the walk around troopers?

Exactly. Maybe they will add a small parade or more characters or bring back dining or something to that effect. But as of now, Seasons of the Force seems to be no different than the park's regular offerings except for fireworks on the weekend.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom