Seas Rumor*info that you should read*

KevinPage

Two things to consider here kiddies:

1 - Turtle Talk has been WAAAAAY more popular than they anticipated. They thought it would be a nice little show and it's turned into a smash hit. So the dysfunctional queue was born out of this. I'm sure they'll implement something better when all is said and done.

2 - I don't understand all this hesitation with adding characters to Future World. It's not like these pavillions are "sacred cows". The simple fact is, if they were popular enough, do you think TWDC would spend $$ for no reason? The purpose of Nemo is to add characters that are wildly popular into a setting that completely makes sense. It's a WIN/WIN situation all around.

I love Epcot, but I have no problem in admitting that The Land & The Living Seas were boring as sin and needed something to make them worthwhile. Based on the previous implementation of Nemo to TLS, it was done tastefully and didn't overtake the pavillion.

EpcotMark

There is a of course the possibility of Turtle Talk moving into one of the old Living Seas Theaters. Much more space and much less stuff to deal with at Seabase with queue and stuff cluttering up the space.

Jerm

Original Poster
Boray said:
Anyone got a date on this?!?!? I'll be there October 21-27. It was closed at this time last year, so I didn't get to see it then either. It would really suck if I missed one of my favorite pavillions 2 years in a row!:fork:

Re-read my first post.

As far as the queue for the attraction think about it this way, they had 2 theaters, the first queue, and the old hydrolator room for queue are and anything else they might need.

One thing everyone is talking about is when is it going to close down....it is not, atleast not for any major amount of time. If you think about the lay out for The Living Seas (it will always be that to me) it had 2 areas, the tank and the entrance/ride area. The ride area has been closed now for over a year for all the work they have been doing. I would think they might close it down for a few days if they need to do any last minute touchs but overall I think it is going to be good to go as soon as they had it over to the park.

J

Chape19714

KevinPage said:
Two things to consider here kiddies:

1 - Turtle Talk has been WAAAAAY more popular than they anticipated. They thought it would be a nice little show and it's turned into a smash hit. So the dysfunctional queue was born out of this. I'm sure they'll implement something better when all is said and done.

2 - I don't understand all this hesitation with adding characters to Future World. It's not like these pavillions are "sacred cows". The simple fact is, if they were popular enough, do you think TWDC would spend $$ for no reason? The purpose of Nemo is to add characters that are wildly popular into a setting that completely makes sense. It's a WIN/WIN situation all around.

I love Epcot, but I have no problem in admitting that The Land & The Living Seas were boring as sin and needed something to make them worthwhile. Based on the previous implementation of Nemo to TLS, it was done tastefully and didn't overtake the pavillion.
Exactly. The way I see it is you can either change the pavilion and add some charactors and enjoy it for many years to come, or it will suffer the same fate as World of Motion and Wonders of Life. Let's face it, if Ellen wans't in UoE, it'd be really different by now as well. Nemo will secure proper use of the Living Seas for many years to come.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Jerm, there's massive walls from ceiling to carpet all along the lower level, essentially the entire area from the escalators up tank is actually supposed to be open space. They have to close down to take those back out.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
STR8FAN2005 said:
I really, really, REALLY wish everyone would see it this way. The Nemo overlay of the pavillion is being done purely out of necessity. Either The Living Seas Pavillion stays the same and turns into WoL, or WDI adds a popular Nemo overlay with some Nemo attractions...I know which one I'd choose.
nicely put.... thanks

:D

RonAnnArbor

Any change and addition to The Living Seas will be welcome, Nemo name or no Nemo name -- the entire pavilion has been in need of an overhaul for over a decade - glad they are doing it.

If indeed the attraction is slated to open late September/Early October (which I have now seen on three separate Disney forums so there might be some truth to it, even if there has been no press release) you can expect soft openings the two weeks before the official debut date.

One of the reasons Turtle Talk has been so popular is because of the dearth of activities and attractions geared toward the under 7 year old crowd at Epcot. You can count them on one hand. Familes with kids (and grandparents) will flock to any attraction that is geared toward the entire age spectrum. One of the reasons Soarin' is also so popular - anyone meeting the height requirements can ride it - a full family ride.

The new Nemo attraction will also be a full family ride and most likely will pull in huge crowds.

AEfx

Characters or no, I'm just tickled to death we are finally getting a new dark ride at Epcot (Soarin' is a filmed attraction, not a dark ride per se).

Does anyone have any (even speculative) details about the ride itself (length, etc.) that we haven't known for awhile? Seems like more details should be had this close to opening (or sometime soon).

AEfx

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
AEfx said:
Characters or no, I'm just tickled to death we are finally getting a new dark ride at Epcot (Soarin' is a filmed attraction, not a dark ride per se).

Does anyone have any (even speculative) details about the ride itself (length, etc.) that we haven't known for awhile? Seems like more details should be had this close to opening (or sometime soon).

AEfx
i remember someone saying that it was going to be slightly longer since they have rearranged a lot of the layout of the building (theaters entrance etc etc)

I think they said they were keeping one of the original theaters from LS so why couldnt they just move turtle talk over into that. If I remember right those things were huge inside and would be much better for crush.

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
I am actually quite excited about all of this! Hey, at least they decided to add something somewhat related to the pavillion - like base it on a movie about being under the water. It could have been revamped with Stitch as the theme!

tirian

STR8FAN2005 said:
I really, really, REALLY wish everyone would see it this way. The Nemo overlay of the pavillion is being done purely out of necessity. Either The Living Seas Pavillion stays the same and turns into WoL, or WDI adds a popular Nemo overlay with some Nemo attractions...I know which one I'd choose.

I agree; good observation! :sohappy:

wannab@dis

More information from the WDW website...

The name they use for the attraction -- The Seas with Nemo & Friends.

(http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wd...id=BackstagePassWHPage&module=WH200608Default)

FIND YOUR FAMILY WITH NEMO

The newest Epcot® attraction takes you into an enchanting undersea world this October

One of the things that makes classic Disney Theme Park attractions so beloved is that they completely immerse you in amazing environments that stretch the boundaries of imagination—whether it's the rollicking world of pirates, the mysterious Himalayas, or Munchkinland. Can you just imagine, then, how incredible it will be when you and your family actually find out what it's like to live in Nemo's world—and find out what happened after the movie ended? Starting this October, you can experience it all first-hand at The Seas with Nemo & Friends, inspired by Disney"Pixar's "Finding Nemo."

Picture an endless parade of "clamobile" vehicles skimming by. You gather your family and hop aboard as the journey begins. In a moment, you're all beneath the ocean, as undulating currents cast wondrous lights and shadows on the scene. And what a spectacular scene it is!

The gang's all here
As your clamobile glides along a stunningly beautiful coral reef, who should appear but Mr. Ray and his school of fish on a field trip. He tells us to keep an eye out for Nemo, who's off doing some exploring on his own.

You and the kids pass through scene after scene, laughing along with all the friends you've gotten to know so well, from Dory, Marlin and Crush to Bruce, Chum and Squirt. Dory does catch glimpses of Nemo, but thanks to her short-term memory, she keeps forgetting to tell her fellow fish.

Animation and reality swim together
Everyone keeps bobbing along until reaching the massive aquarium where "real world" sea creatures seem to magically exist with Nemo and his friends, who end the new adventure on a happy, song-filled note.

Of course, Crush the gnarly sea turtle is close by at his own Turtle Talk with Crush interactive show, which has already become a must-see on every family's list. He's there to field questions from big and little humans like your family, and ask a few of his own in totally awesome style.

The Seas with Nemo & Friends promises to become an all-time favorite, in the tradition of Disney attractions that glide you though a fully immersive environment. But most of all, it's a fun, funny, and fin-tastic experience to share together.

DisneyDragon

Based on current trends, I'll be surprised if there isn't a scene with Stitch chowing down on some Sushi or having Turtle Soup...

"Mommy, why did Stitch say "Need more wasabi!!!"

I know, I know...be careful of what you wish for...

wannab@dis

DisneyDragon said:
Based on current trends, I'll be surprised if there isn't a scene with Stitch chowing down on some Sushi or having Turtle Soup...

"Mommy, why did Stitch say "Need more wasabi!!!"

I know, I know...be careful of what you wish for...
:rolleyes:

Enough complaining about stitch already.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom