Seafood Restaurant

Invero

I'm probably in the minority here, but I was never impressed with the Cape May Cafe. Having grown up to fresh New England seafood... Cape May just didnt thrill me with it's food.

I have heard great things about Flying Fish though... but have yet to try it out...

I do have to say though... the best seafood places I have ever eaten in (up north) were side of the road places who fried everything, and served it on Chinette... lol...

Upvote 0

celticdog

Originally posted by AkiraRaptor

I'll never touch Alagator sausage again...:hurl:

I really enjoyed the Aligator Sausage. I thought it was one of the best appetizers i had. I've even started to purchase Aligator for some of my own home cooking.
:slurp:

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Originally posted by celticdog
I really enjoyed the Aligator Sausage. I thought it was one of the best appetizers i had. I've even started to purchase Aligator for some of my own home cooking.
:slurp:

I'm really hoping that it was just that it was bad back then, and they have got their act together since then. It was 6 years ago, so alot of improvment can happen in that time.

But for us, at that meal, on that day, it was horriable. The sausage madre us feel ill. The rest of the food was very average or below average. I've had meals at a Red Lobster that could be called 5 star meals comaired to that day at Coral Reef.

Maybe, someday, we'll try it again. But it would be a tough sell to the wife, she hated the food more than I did, and that's saying alot 'cos I'm a very picky eater, and she'll try anything once, and ussally like everything she eats.

On top of that, it was a bill for over $100. We went all out and got the full treatment. This was on our honeymoon and it was to be our "special" treat dinner. Oh yea, it was something special alright. :lol:

Again, not to down trod the place, from what people have said, it sounds like they've changed their ways since then, but for now, for us, we'll stay away.

Upvote 0

celticdog

AkiraRaptor, i can see where you're coming from. The meal i had was so heavily laden with butter and oils it just weighed us down for the rest of the day. I hope they've gotten their act together. It's been 4 years since i ate there last, so that tells you not much changed from your visit to mine.

I really liked the atmosphere, which is what will bring me back. But, next time, i will be more wary about the foods i order.

I always give restaurants two chances, sometimes they have a bad day, just like me, but after that no more.

Upvote 0

Lilo

Please give the Coral Reef one more try. As I said earlier, we have never had a bad meal there even with a 6 year old with us.
:)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom