Seafood in Downtown Disney

indianajdp

We'll be there the first week in April and one night "the boys" get to break away and have a seafood feast. I'm looking for recommendations in Downtown Disney first and foremost, since we are staying at POFQ. I do know about Fultons, but just that it is there. Any testimonials would be appreciated there or any other great seafood place in DD or elsewhere on Disney grounds.

And trust me, for a land-locked Indiana guy this IS a big deal :)

Thanks!

matt&helen

I have been both to Fultons and Capt. Jacks. It really depends on how much you want to spend and the atmosphere you want. I personally prefer Fultons, it does cost more, but I think it is better in food and atmosphere. I usually go to Capt. Jacks for their clam chowder and their tomato salad and to Fultons for the seafood.

Upvote 0

Computer Magic

indianajdp said:
We'll be there the first week in April and one night "the boys" get to break away and have a seafood feast. I'm looking for recommendations in Downtown Disney first and foremost, since we are staying at POFQ. I do know about Fultons, but just that it is there. Any testimonials would be appreciated there or any other great seafood place in DD or elsewhere on Disney grounds.

And trust me, for a land-locked Indiana guy this IS a big deal :)

Thanks!
First off welcome to the boards. Another Indiana guy that understands this IS a big deal.

We tried Fultons on our last trip for the first time. We loved it and have marked it as a must see in May. It is a little expensive, but hey it's Disney. How oftern do us Indiana people get to Disney?

Keep us posted and do a trip report when you return.

Upvote 0

indianajdp

Original Poster
Thanks for the feedback thus far...especially from a fellow Hoosier!

Price is really not an issue here. It will most likely be myself and the other husband going with us, as the wives will be staying back at the resort with the kiddos.

Sounds like Fultons is definitely the way to go, and if they have a huge selection of Maryland Blue Crabs I may be in a lot of trouble!

Upvote 0

Computer Magic

indianajdp said:
Thanks for the feedback thus far...especially from a fellow Hoosier!

Price is really not an issue here. It will most likely be myself and the other husband going with us, as the wives will be staying back at the resort with the kiddos.

Sounds like Fultons is definitely the way to go, and if they have a huge selection of Maryland Blue Crabs I may be in a lot of trouble!

Well, here's a menu.

http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/menu_fch.htm

Upvote 0

Splashman

You can pretty much get seafood at any of the restaurants at Downtown Disney. Aside from DD, I recommend Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club. Its a buffet which includes a seafood section. You might not get as much selection as on a menu, but the stuff they due have: clams, mussels, crab legs, just to name a few, are really good and worth it.

Upvote 0

njblackberry

Don't forget the Flying Fish Cafe

In addition to Fulton's and Cape May Cafe - both highly recommended by our family, we love the Flying Fish on the Boardwalk. Great location and wonderful fish and seafood.

Upvote 0

matt&helen

indianajdp said:
Next question...how far in advance should I attempt to make reservations at these places, if that is indeed necessary?

Yes, to be safe it would be a good idea to get PS 90 days out, however I have gotten same day and the day before PS at Fulton's several times.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

DisneyJill said:
Agreed. :)
Where do you live in Indiana? I'm in Indianapolis.
I was there!!!! I flew into Indianapolis for the Irish Festival in Spetember as Off Kilter from EPCOT was playing there!! Did you go to the Festival??? Belle

Upvote 0

DisneyJill

wannabeBelle said:
I was there!!!! I flew into Indianapolis for the Irish Festival in Spetember as Off Kilter from EPCOT was playing there!! Did you go to the Festival??? Belle

I did! To see Off Kilter, of course. :D
I made people from work go with me and they loved them!!

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

I was with the bunch of crazy women in the front row at all of the shows!!! They were so amazing that weekend. I loved Scotty's drum solo on Saturday night!!! If I go again this year Ill try to remember to let you know!!! Belle

Upvote 0

Feta

I'd have to disagree about Fulton's. I enjoyed it, and the atmosphere is nice, but I really didn't think it was worth the price. Living in Florida, I'm used to really fresh seafood, so maybe that's why I was a little disappointed. I've enjoyed the seafood dishes at Bongos and House of Blues. For really good seafood, I'd have to say hit the deluxe resorts and Boardwalk.

Flying Fish - AWESOME
Narcoosee - Very good, great view of Seven Seas Lagoon
California Grill - Try the tuna
Artist Point - I'm not a fan of Salmon - but theirs is incredible

Upvote 0

indianajdp

Original Poster
Again, many thanks to all of you for your willingness to help and for all of the recommendations. It looks like it's gonna be Fulton's, since it seems to be the most convenient for us to get to. On a future trip I'll definitely be looking for more!

DisneyJill, we live in Fishers but will be moving back to Carmel, where my wife and I both teach.

Upvote 0

DisneyJill

indianajdp said:
Again, many thanks to all of you for your willingness to help and for all of the recommendations. It looks like it's gonna be Fulton's, since it seems to be the most convenient for us to get to. On a future trip I'll definitely be looking for more!

DisneyJill, we live in Fishers but will be moving back to Carmel, where my wife and I both teach.

Very cool. I hit up Clay Terrace every now and again. I'll be there more when it's a bit warmer and when they get some "different" shops to entice me. ;) It's always nice to meet a fellow Hoosier! Welcome to the boards! :wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom