Sea World's Water Park vs Wet n Wild

Lynx04

Original Poster
How do you think Sea World's new water park will affect Wet n Wild? With the rumor that Universal is going to move the park to its property, due you think they would create a better theme for the park?

TheHawK

With Sea World doing this, I am willing to bet before that park opens USF will announce that they plan on moving WNW and maybe we might get a hotel too

AndyP

SeaWorld might be trying to get the whole market. If it affects WnW too much, then Universal might not consider moving the water park at all due to costs. I think SeaWorld will make a good job of this, at least I hope so!

TheHawK

USF is going to someday build on the land by IOA and with the more people traveling and more people coming to USF I can see them wanting to built another hotel and maybe then move the waterpark because of the high rent and also the new waterpark

Figment1986

that chunk of land is just big enough for one resort or a water park i believe....

So unless they have more land they won't be able to do both....

NemoRocks78

Seized
There's definitely more than enough land for both the water park and another hotel (which will hopefully be a "value" resort which could pull in more hotel guests).

I'm sure that Universal will add some great theming and a couple better things to the park (I would hope for a water coaster similar to Crush 'n Gusher) once it gets built as well. We'll just have to wait and see if they can do better than SWO's new park.

Ralph Wiggum

Account Suspended
we were at Adventure Island today, and AB is doing a great job with this waterpark. I'm looking forward to the new SW addition. I thought WnW holds a lease on their property until 2012? but porting over WnW to UO and another resort. ...the possibilties of keeping people onsite skyrocket. but at what cost and logistics?

Michael72688

Yea it would be a huge cost, but it would make Universal more attractive as a multi-day resort, more so then it currently is. I also hope their next hotel is a little cheaper then their current resorts to attract more guests.

CAPTAIN HOOK

Short term - a new water park will affect WNW and BB/TL as everyone tries it out.
Long term - the water parks shouldn't be as busy because on a given day there will be an extra park for people to go to
When River County closed - the other parks would see an increase in guests as there is obviously one place less for people to visit

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom