Sea World

WDWEric

What is the easiest way to get to Sea World with a 1year old and a 2year old? rent a car? can you request car seats? can I do it at guest services?

Courtman

Sea World is about a 20 minute drive from WDW, I've never seen any form of public transport but have heard that hotels will book coaches if there are small groups or more than one family who request on the same day - best to ask your hotel about that. Car gets my vote.

The Alamo kiosk at the Dolphin hotel does car seats if needed, don't know if they charge for them (didn't need them myself but the guy on the next desk did!).

Picking up the car on site is handy, we used the Magical Express to get from the airport and got the car when we needed it - using the buses from our resort (Caribbean Beach) to Dolphin, changing at Downtown. Or use the Friendship boats from MGM to get there, a nice relaxing trip!

Upvote 0

jessnic95

Hi! We did Sea World during our last WDW vacation and we actually had a hard time getting from WDW to Sea World (Not a lot of assistance from the front desk - I wonder why?!):veryconfu . We ended up calling a cab, which had a car seat for our 2 year old. Sea World was a great break for our little ones (5 and 2 at the time) from the overstimulation of Disney everyday. It enabled them to relax a bit and just have fun watching the shows - much slower paced. We are planning on doing it again when we visit in September. If anyone has any other transportation thoughts - PLEASE let us know. You do have the right idea trying to get it scheduled before hand. On the same thought - Where is the best place to get Sea World tickets? Thanks!!

Upvote 0

dazzer68

i think it depends on where your staying?
we stayed at all star movies and had no trouble finding help.the reception told us about a taxi company that pick up from allstars booked it for us and arranged to be picked up and bought back,it was small mini van which we shared with another family.it was per person not per vehicle.

Upvote 0

dave1105

We purchased our Sea World tickets at a discount from AAA. But if you are not a member you can purchase them thru the Sea World Website and print them out ahead of time.

Upvote 0

jvenegas

We stayed at All Star Sports and at Pop Century and both resorts have courtesy phones, usually near the bathrooms at the entrance to the lobby, that connect you to Mears Transportation.

You can arrange for a van or a car to pick you up at the resort, take you to Sea World and back. You just tell them what time you want to be picked up at the hotel and what time you want to be picked up when you're ready to go back and they will schedule both trips for you.

I believe they charge $15.00 p/p and I'm almost certain the babies won't pay.

When you check in go to your resort's concierge and they will help you out with your transportation needs to any of the neigborhood theme parks.

Upvote 0

H20Babie

We are going to SeaWorld March 29. We got our tickets through Airmiles (flight reward program). Others in our party got them through AAA/CAA and the SeaWorld website. We are renting a car from Alamo (at the Dolphin) for one day to get there, and we prebooked a booster seat. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

beanyman

If u go to ticket and transportation there is a local lynx bus no.50 that stops right outside seaworld. It comes about every 30 mins and it only costs $1.50 for adults and small children are free. hope this is a help

Upvote 0

H20Babie

While the local Lynx bus is a great (and cheap) alternative, I would not consider using it with small children, especially on an intensive, chaotic Disney vacation. I've done it in the past, with young children, and it was not a good experience. There was nothing wrong with the service, but like Disney, having a car rental makes it much easier to leave the park when you need to, for a quick nap, some rest time, or even a quick trip back to the resorts for something forgotten or -- hopefully not -- changes of clothes. Nevermind trying to cross the road to get to SeaWorld. lol. Just my humble opinion ...

Upvote 0

typhoonguy

Just a side note, if you're driving yourself (i.e. decide to rent a car) it should not take more than 10 minutes to get there. You can either take 536 to international or get on I-4 (most likely from exit 67) and get off at the SeaWorld exit (71). Using I-4 from POFQ or PORS/DTD area it's less than 7 miles. Same from pop century as you can take osceola to s. international straight to sea world. And when you pass my house on the way you can wave and say 'hi'... ;)

Upvote 0

bayoutinkbelle

And when you pass my house on the way you can wave and say 'hi'... ;)

I'll remember that this June as I drive by. :wave:

We always do Discovery Cove on our trips and booking online (only online? :shrug: ) means we get a seven-day pass to SeaWorld. We've never done more than a day there, though, but it's a great break.

Upvote 0

H20Babie

Just a side note, if you're driving yourself (i.e. decide to rent a car) it should not take more than 10 minutes to get there. You can either take 536 to international or get on I-4 (most likely from exit 67) and get off at the SeaWorld exit (71). Using I-4 from POFQ or PORS/DTD area it's less than 7 miles. Same from pop century as you can take osceola to s. international straight to sea world. And when you pass my house on the way you can wave and say 'hi'... ;)

Thanks for the driving directions ... the car rental people always make it sound more complicated than it is. I'll be sure to wave on Wednesday, March 29 at approximately 8:45 am! :wave:

Upvote 0

WDWEric

Original Poster
So I can ask at Pop for a rental at guest relations and request 2 car seats?
What about a taxi can I request one of them with 2 car seats as well?

Upvote 0

eroyee

:wave: We had Mears van pick us up from CBR and take us to Sea World. then, they were there when we wanted to come home. about $15 per person. Not much of a problem.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom