Sea World has posted Reponse to Blackfish

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuddyThomas

It is amazing how 2 - 3 people just want to do nothing but ruffle feathers and cause fights. No ones mind is changing here we have our Pro SeaWorld people and we have our anti cap activist and we have a few with no opinion. But nothing is changing peoples minds. That was proven with the last thread that was a mess and now its starting again. This thread started out civil and friendly and then 3 days later it was hijacked and we are back into a mess again.
See, there you go again with your name calling. You guys are simply the "pro Sea World people", and the ones who don't agree with you are activists.

And again, this thread has gotten more posts in the last few hours than the Sea World board received all week.

You guys love ganging up with the mob mentality trying to silence anyone who doesn't agree with you.

And wow, as far as your "no one can change their minds" comment, thank God that is not true. Otherwise, we'd be living in the dark ages. I won't bring up the multitude of social issues that are at the forefront of today's news due to minds changing, but I'm sure that if you watch the news, you see things changing everywhere as minds become more open, tolerant, and informed.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
See, there you go again with your name calling. You guys are simply the "pro Sea World people", and the ones who don't agree with you are activists.

And again, this thread has gotten more posts in the last few hours than the Sea World board received all week.

You guys love ganging up with the mob mentality trying to silence anyone who doesn't agree with you.

And wow, as far as your "no one can change their minds" comment, thank God that is not true. Otherwise, we'd be living in the dark ages. I won't bring up the multitude of social issues that are at the forefront of today's news due to minds changing, but I'm sure that if you watch the news, you see things changing everywhere as minds become more open, tolerant, and informed.
Buddy, I'm certainly not ganging up with anyone, but I do not see any of the name calling that you seem to see.

In fact I thought I was staying pretty neutral on the subject.

Perceived persecution certainly does not help your thesis.

BuddyThomas

Buddy, I'm certainly not ganging up with anyone, but I do not see any of the name calling that you seem to see.

In fact I thought I was staying pretty neutral on the subject.

Perceived persecution certainly does not help your thesis.
Not you. It's mostly in the locked thread. The Sea World gang was calling the " two or three of us" who had issues with SW everything from activists to PETA, to paid employees and other stuff. None of which is true, at least as far as I'm concerned. And seeing the previous poster's comment, I was just like, here we freaking go again.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Not you. It's mostly in the locked thread. The Sea World gang was calling the " two or three of us" who had issues with SW everything from activists to PETA, to paid employees and other stuff. None of which is true, at least as far as I'm concerned. And seeing the previous poster's comment, I was just like, here we freaking go again.
Well you were the only one that actually replied to comments. The OTHER guy was acting like a bot more than a real member of the forums.

I also notice that he hasn't posted anything since. So it does make one wonder.

919Florida

Ok reply to this. I was not name calling. We are Pro SeaWorld and those who are against SeaWorld are activists? Whats wrong with that? Activists is not a bad word or offensive. Activist in a dictionary is defined as advocating or opposing a cause or issue vigorously, especially a political cause. Please tell me what you take offense to in this?

I cant help who replies to anything on here. I posts other SeaWorld news as well. blackfish is an issue that has high emotions on both sides. Simple as that.

The same thing goes for the other side as well. They dont agree with SeaWorld so they go off posting pictures and stories from the internet.

I didn't say you can't change minds in the world. I was just saying the issue on blackfish on this message board is not changing anyone's minds one way or the other. It was proven after the hundreds of posts on the other thread and its being proven now.

I was accused of working for SeaWorld when I don't.

In the other thread and in this thread I have only stated facts as I know about SeaWorld. I never took name calling or being rude to people. I may call people activist but I don't see whats wrong with that. You seen the definition I posted. It doesn't seem offensive to me.

I'm not here to fight anyone I am just here to answer facts as they are. I dont feel like I have said anything wrong. I will defend SeaWorld because I believe in them and what they stand for.

Last edited:

englanddg

One Little Spark...
319Qw34921.jpg

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Well you were the only one that actually replied to comments. The OTHER guy was acting like a bot more than a real member of the forums.

I also notice that he hasn't posted anything since. So it does make one wonder.

He's not a bot. Just someone who stands to gain from Blackfish. $$$

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
@BuddyThomas

He/she, I think he, was his own source. Then there is the mountain of circumstansial evidence. He has 117 or so posts here, and only 5 or so are not regarding "Blackfish". Then there is his twitter feed. I won't post it here, don't need to be giving him more free pub, but if you want it, PM me. It is 1000s of posts regarding Blackfish.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/blackfish.873858/page-35#post-5873561

Last edited:

RonAnnArbor

Personally, I think the entire Blackfish thing was squashed as soon as the Academy Awards did not nominate it for best documentary -- that is the "unofficial" kiss-of-death for a movie that CNN pushed and pushed, without appropriate fact checking...I'm good with that. It had its 15 minutes of fame, was defrauded, and will now disappear into the unwatched-video's ether somewhere on Netflix....

OFTeric

A fine read, yes. Did we however read the same article that confirms that Blackfish exposed SEA's claims as unscientific nonsense?

"Blackfish" shows a SeaWorld employee telling park visitors that killer whales are "documented in the wild living to be about 35, mid-30s. They tend to live a lot longer in this environment because they have all the veterinary care." Another employee is also shown saying SeaWorld's whales have longer life spans. However, there is no research suggesting that captive killer whales live longer than wild ones.​

The problem with that moment in BlackFish, is we DO NOT hear the question that person was asked. We are supposed to infer what question is asked, by the edited information framing that statement.

OFTeric

I'm sorry, but that's just pathetic.

If you want to exploit an animal, exploit it. But spare the world the insulting nonsense of 'but your honour, her skirt was too short so it is all really her fault'.

[Edit: just to be sure, 'you' and pathetic' is Miami Sea, not you QFT]

When a radical group makes a business make a binary choice you can't get upset when you disagree when they don't choose the radical option.

BuddyThomas

Personally, I think the entire Blackfish thing was squashed as soon as the Academy Awards did not nominate it for best documentary -- that is the "unofficial" kiss-of-death for a movie that CNN pushed and pushed, without appropriate fact checking...I'm good with that. It had its 15 minutes of fame, was defrauded, and will now disappear into the unwatched-video's ether somewhere on Netflix....
Oh please. Give me a break. The lack of an Academy Award nom is far from the kiss of death. It was an extremely competitive year, and a nom was never guaranteed. By the way, Emma Thompson, Tom Hanks, Oprah Winfrey, and Robert Redford, just to name a few, also were shut out of the awards, due to their equally competitive fields, even though they were each very worthy of nods.

Isn't it interesting that while captive killer whales are often cited as having reduced lifespans, Lolita at Miami Seaquarium, who is widely considered to be living in insufficient quarters, is one of the oldest killer whales in captivity? Hypothetically speaking, in an inaccurate and isolated way, could'n't someone make a movie about her long lifespan to support the industry just as Blackfish uses Tilikum to denounce the industry? That's basically why Blackfish can't be used as a source of information to make any kind of conclusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom