Sea Cabs and Nemo?

LSUxStitch

Original Poster
I have heard from a source in Epcot that they had seen nemo decals on the sea cab cars. Is there anyone here that can back that info up by any chance?

Sorry If this topic has been covered, I tried the search button.

Thankyou :wave:

brkgnews

The rumor itself of turning the seacabs into nemo-stuff has been discussed ad nauseum, but I don't think anyone has seen any decals on them before.

Where did they see the seacabs? As far as I know, it would have to be back at Central shops, since the Seacabs are NOT onstage anymore.

I cant vouch if there are decals on the seacabs or not, but my girlfriend was able to dive in the living seas about a month or so back and could see down into the tunnels for the seacabs and said that indeed they were all still in the tunnels. Unless that has changed real recently

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
well that sound promising...... but not getting my hopes up.

do they allow underwater cameras in LS diving? if so, that would be a great shot of the beloved seacabs.

joel_maxwell

PhilharMagician said:
No cameras allowed!!
ahhhh, should have known. i can see the tragic results of nemo and co. swallowing a camera dropped....... or the conveinent rubber band on the camera for a "no holding" swimming experience.

longfamily

it would be great if the Sea cabs were reinstated at the living Seas. However, this is not likely going to happen soon. An extensive rehab of the pavillion would have to be done to insure that there are no leaking problems with the aquarium. If the theory is correct that Disney energy will be put into improvements over the next few years, we might see something happen with the Sea Cabs. Don't hold your breath though. But, since we are dreaming, I would like to have them back by the 25th anniversery:)

AndreainNY

Forgive my ignorance - what is a Sea Cab? (remember, my very first trip was in 2000 at the ripe old age of 35, so I don't know too much about anything from before then!)

brkgnews

UltimtMickeyFan said:
my girlfriend was able to dive in the living seas about a month or so back and could see down into the tunnels for the seacabs and said that indeed they were all still in the tunnels.

That's good news. I knew everything was walled off, so I figured they would have moved the cabs out. Glad to hear that they are still there. I would settle for a Nemo overlay to get them back.

AndreainNY said:
Forgive my ignorance - what is a Sea Cab?

They were a omnimover-type ride (think Haunted Mansion or Spaceship Earth -- nonstopping ride cars) through a tunnel in the aquarium.

joel_maxwell

AndreainNY said:
Forgive my ignorance - what is a Sea Cab? (remember, my very first trip was in 2000 at the ripe old age of 35, so I don't know too much about anything from before then!)
once you got out of your hydrolator, you got into an omnimover "seacab" that took you on a short journey (show) and then through tunnels that went through the water tank, you got off of them and went into the observation areas. they were really neat. it was a good warm up to the tank before actually going up and seeing them. i was there in 2000 and yep, dissapointed they were down. it was my wifes first visit as well.

Bullredchaser

AndreainNY said:
It was basically a people mover that went through the tunnels of the Living Seas Aquarium.It's been a while since it's been closed.

Kwit35

FYI, there are tunnels (which everyone keeps talking about) that you rode through so it felt like you were under the water, surrounded by the beautiful fish, correl...
I was there last month, and the month, before. I asked both times and the CM's said they had not heard anything about the seacabs coming back. When I asked during the behind the magic tour, the guide said it was highly unlikely that they would come back (not that he would not EVERYTHING about each park).
But, one could hope.

LSUxStitch

Original Poster
brkgnews said:
The rumor itself of turning the seacabs into nemo-stuff has been discussed ad nauseum, but I don't think anyone has seen any decals on them before.

Where did they see the seacabs? As far as I know, it would have to be back at Central shops, since the Seacabs are NOT onstage anymore.

Well since I used to work at Epcot, I have a friend that still work over there and has told me other cast members have told him the sea cabs had the decals on them. They did not know if it was maybe a test to see how long the decals would hold up or not. I was just wondering if anyone had any other inside info on this situation.

Moustronaut

brkgnews said:
That's good news. I knew everything was walled off, so I figured they would have moved the cabs out. Glad to hear that they are still there. I would settle for a Nemo overlay to get them back.

There's a doorway in one of the temporary walls, right near the enterance to the gift shop. Cast members have been prone to leave this open just a little bit (at least twice in the past 2 years worth of visits). If the door is open, you can see the seacabs still inside. I have a picture from Nov 03 that shows them.

TheDisneyMagic

Moustronaut said:
There's a doorway in one of the temporary walls, right near the enterance to the gift shop. Cast members have been prone to leave this open just a little bit (at least twice in the past 2 years worth of visits). If the door is open, you can see the seacabs still inside. I have a picture from Nov 03 that shows them.
Ohh I would love to see that, it would be great if you could upload that so we can all see :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom