SE Coaster

WDWspider

Originally posted by WDWFREAK53

(Cough...back to that "Structural" dilemma...cough)

When SE is gutted, let's fill it with water and move the Dolphin Swim to the inside of SE. How many pounds of water pressure do you think SE can hold Brian. :lol: :animwink:

disneyfamily

Originally posted by spider-man
When SE is gutted, let's fill it with water and move the Dolphin Swim to the inside of SE. How many pounds of water pressure do you think SE can hold Brian. :lol: :animwink:

Not water, Gumballs. Disney could charge a quarter for a handful. All proceeds to go towards Eisners yearly bonus.

figment99

Please don't forget that Disney practically invente the idea of a themed roller coaster and turned it into an art form. In all likelihood, Disney won't be making one of those giant steel monsters you see at IOA or Six Flags and stuffing it into the geosphere--what you'll probably see is a time-travel themed ride with many, many references to Ray Bradbury that just happens to go faster than most of the other rides at Epcot--nothing more than that. They will probably even include on-board narration. BTMR isn't the fastest, nor is it the highest roller coaster in the North American continent, but who wouldn't argue that it's one of the best? This rehab could be a very good thing. (But I've still got my fingers crossed that they introduce a version of "Tomorrow's Child" sung by Sarah MacLaughlin).

MGM WDWFan

Two things that I realy don't understand here....

1) Why doesn't Disney stick there new thrill ride somewhere where it will be well received like UoE? I don't see why it is that of all the attractions in FW, SE is the one that needs to be gutted.

2) Instead of gutting SE, why can't the end just be rehabbed to make it more current and up-to-date? Throw some neat little bells-and-whistles in at the end that guests will appreciate.

(sigh) Crossing my fingers that this is all just a bad, bad dream.

--MGM

DDPGambit

Originally posted by One Lil Spark
This is crazy!? Why change a whole theme park's icon??

Why <i>shouldn't</i> we change it? :lol:
Actually, the best answer to that is probably money. Money makes the [Disney] world go 'round!

WDWspider

Well, we can look at MGM for that answer. :zipit: :p

Also, maybe the "Epcot" sign above SE will be changed to read "Time Racers". :lol: ..... :( .. :hurl:

WDWFREAK53

Hmmm...
castle into a Pepto Bismol cake
Hat instead of the tower
Sign over SE...

I say they take down the castle...and put up one of those S&S Spaceshots with spires at the top :)

Hmmm...what else...how about a gravitron inside SE

The Tree of Life could be made into Tarzan's Treehouse...and for the holidays we can put christmas lights on it :)

WDWspider

Don't forget adding the ferris wheel to the front of the Hat.

Also 20 foot tall Red Letters than spell out "Walt Disney World" so you can see it from space. Heck slap on a name like.. The "All Walt Disney World Century Resort" and you can make it another Value place that may never open. I want to stay in the Big D. :rolleyes: :lol:

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by spider-man
Don't forget adding the ferris wheel to the front of the Hat.

Also 20 foot tall Red Letters than spell out "Walt Disney World" so you can see it from space. Heck slap on a name like.. The "All Walt Disney World Century Resort" and you can make it another Value place that may never open. I want to stay in the Big D. :rolleyes: :lol:

I've got dibs on the 80's style, giant red (in coca-cola colors), second "W" because they play Jazz around that area...but you're right...it'll never open

(Oh yeah...but don't forget to add those "pay to play" carnival games UNDER the hat :) )

ToTBellHop

Riiiiigggghhhttttt....so back on topic, despite the fact that I know Steve has excellent sources and filters everything, I truly do not see Disney doing this with the park--for one it would be quite pricey and not have guaranteed success. What WOULD have guaranteed success at Epcot would be a Soarin' ride, and we all know Disney desperately wants one of them at wdw...therefore, w/ Mission: SPACE opening this year, I find it much easier to believe that only one attraction, a Soarin' ride, will be involved in Epcot's next project as Project: Forbidden Mountain gets underway.

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by DogsRule!
Riiiiigggghhhttttt....so back on topic, despite the fact that I know Steve has excellent sources and filters everything, I truly do not see Disney doing this with the park--for one it would be quite pricey and not have guaranteed success. What WOULD have guaranteed success at Epcot would be a Soarin' ride, and we all know Disney desperately wants one of them at wdw...therefore, w/ Mission: SPACE opening this year, I find it much easier to believe that only one attraction, a Soarin' ride, will be involved in Epcot's next project as Project: Forbidden Mountain gets underway.

I'd like to see that Stormrider attraction come to light too. It sounds pretty interesting.

Justin

Originally posted by jcrb
I pray that Space Ship Earth does not become a roller coaster

I dont think it could happen, and much more SE is a Disney Classic. They wouldn't ever close it down to do something rediculous like that!.... i hope lol

my guesses are

1) Its a disney classic and it leads up to the main park
2) It would be too harde to refurbnush everything in the building including ripping down the theming.
3) The Coaster Manufactuers would have a heck of a time transfering the tracks together and enclosing it in their good since its a sphere
4) It would be a tight squeeze and nothing special

Although I did find a coaster alot like in a sphere at Epcot.... Its a mack kind.... Why didn't Disney sue for this reason....

http://rcdb.com/installationgallery973.htm?Picture=3

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by Justin
I dont think it could happen, and much more SE is a Disney Classic. They wouldn't ever close it down to do something rediculous like that!.... i hope lol

my guesses are

1) Its a disney classic and it leads up to the main park
2) It would be too harde to refurbnush everything in the building including ripping down the theming.
3) The Coaster Manufactuers would have a heck of a time transfering the tracks together and enclosing it in their good since its a sphere
4) It would be a tight squeeze and nothing special

Although I did find a coaster alot like in a sphere at Epcot.... Its a mack kind.... Why didn't Disney sue for this reason....

http://rcdb.com/installationgallery973.htm?Picture=3

Good points...I didn't even consider getting track inside that thing...although...they could bring them in piece by piece via forklift or something...but then they'd need a crane inside to do the lifting (but I guess they'd need that with any ride change

ToTBellHop

The area of this building is quite small...with a radius of about 160 feet (and I do not see Disney building a coaster w/ a 160 foot drop)...and taking out all of the floors in the building to do so...they would almost have to open up the side of the building, or this would take years to do...not very probably. Any change will probably utilize at least the same general track layout.

imagineer boy

I'm guessing that Time Racers will be a simulator ride. It would be too difficult to put a roller coaster in SE without tearing it up. Plus, It is too small for a really thrilling coaster or anything. The roller coaster would have to be as big as Barnstormer or somthing.

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by imagineer boy
I'm guessing that Time Racers will be a simulator ride. It would be too difficult to put a roller coaster in SE without tearing it up. Plus, It is too small for a really thrilling coaster or anything. The roller coaster would have to be as big as Barnstormer or somthing.

Something along the lines of Spiderman would be kewl...they could keep some of the Animatronics and sets and just improve the overall experience w/ the new vehicles--thrills could come with the climactic decent...haven't you ever wondered what it would be like to go down from the outer space room at the top of Spaceship Earth face first and at a high speed...that would make for a fun (thrilling) ride that still taught a lot--if Disney is wanting to make this park still educational but more fun. Such a ride would go in nicely with a new Soarin' ride to make this a better park. I would think those two projects paired up with Forbidden Mountain would be more reasonable (from a cost perspective) than the original, more outlandish, Project Gemini...especially if Disney gets sponsors.

Justin

Originally posted by imagineer boy
Plus,It is too small for a really thrilling coaster or anything. The roller coaster would have to be as big as Barnstormer or somthing.

Thats not true. Batman the Rides, Premier Launches, SLC's and other types of coasters are compact and they're heavily intense..... Still Disney wouldn't do the subject of putting a ride in SE.

Anyways where is "Time Travel Racers" or whatever set to be built at in Epcot?

imagineer boy

Originally posted by DogsRule!
Something along the lines of Spiderman would be kewl...they could keep some of the Animatronics and sets and just improve the overall experience w/ the new vehicles--thrills could come with the climactic decent...haven't you ever wondered what it would be like to go down from the outer space room at the top of Spaceship Earth face first and at a high speed...that would make for a fun (thrilling) ride that still taught a lot--if Disney is wanting to make this park still educational but more fun. Such a ride would go in nicely with a new Soarin' ride to make this a better park. I would think those two projects paired up with Forbidden Mountain would be more reasonable (from a cost perspective) than the original, more outlandish, Project Gemini...especially if Disney gets sponsors.

*Gasp!* That's it! :dazzle: Disney's making somthing like Spiderman, but with new and better technology than it! Moving theater........ It all makes sence!:D Wow, Who agrees with me?!

i_miss_20k

imagineers get back on track

disney has shown some consistency by rehabbing attractions at epcot into "thrill rides" w/o making them entirely cliche. every generic theme park has rockin' roller coasters and free-fall towers. none (any?) have anything that matches the test track or soon to be completed M:S.

hopefull, disney will show similar inventiveness and originality should it choose to pursue an overhaul of SE. i highly doubt that a typical coaster would be appropriate for this site for 2 reasons:

1. logistically it seems improbable to build a decent coaster within the confines of the sphere.
2. aesthetically, i don't think disney would risk replacing the universally recognized facade of the sphere with something that would ultimatly look like medusas head! (imagine the sphere with track weaving in and out...yikes! hard to fit that on a pin)

i am not a traditionalist who believes change is bad. nor do i think change for changes sake is a wise in any business. hopefully the suits will not act hastily on this one and we will all enjoy whatever the creative minds send our way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom