SDL Lineup

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Over in this thread WDW1974 posted a list of the SDL lineup. Thought I would post the whole thing here along with some guesses based on the names as to what each will be. Feel free to discuss and I will update this post if with any changes.

Adventure Isle

(Shop) Adventure Supplies
(Shop) Laughing Monkey Traders
(Shop) Rainbow Frog Trinkets
(Show) Storehouse Stage
(Food) Piranha Bites
(Food) Tribal Table
(Ride) Roaring Rapids
(Ride) Soaring Over the Horizon
(Walk-through) Camp Discovery Challenge Trail
Happy Circle

Fantasyland

(Food) Corner Market
(Food) Merlin's Magic Recipe
(Food) Royal Banquet Hall
(Food) Tangled Tree Tavern
(Food) Troubadour Treats
(Misc Attraction) Enchanted Storybook Castle
(Misc Attraction) Sword in the Stone
(Play Area) Evergreen Playhouse
(Ride) Hunny Pot Spin
(Ride) Peter Pan-s Flight
(Ride) Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
(Ride) The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
(Shop) Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
(Shop) Castle Gifts
(Shop) Hundred Acre Goods
(Shop) Mountain Treasures
(Show) Storybook Castle Stage Spectacular
(Walk-through) Alice in Wonderland Maze
(Walk-through) "Once Upon a Time" Adventure
(M&G) Storybook Court
Hundred Acre Wood

VILLAGE COMPLEX

(Food) Chip & Dale's Treehouse Treats
(Food) Fairy Godmother's Cupboard
(Food) Picnic Basket
(Food) Pinocchio Village Kitchen
(Food) Timothy's Treats
(M&G) Meet Mickey and Friends
(Operations) First Aid/Baby Care
(Operations) Tip Board
(Ride) Dumbo the Flying Elephant
(Ride) Fantasia Carousel
(Shop) Be Our Guest Boutique
(Shop) Casey Junior Trinket Train (ODV)
(Shop) Melody Time Gifts
(Shop) Mickey and Minnie's Mercantile
(Show) Westside Performance Venue
(Walk-through) Gardens of Imagination
Carefree Corner
Gazebos
Melody Gardens
Teahouse of the Wandering Moon
Voyage to the Crystal Grotto

LEFT BLOCK

(Food) Club 33
Avenue M Arcade
Il Paperino
Lucky Express

MAIN ENTRANCE PORTAL

(Operations) Lockers
(Food) Mickey & Pals Market Cafe
(Food) Remy's Patisserie
(Show) PORTAL -- Walt Disney Theatre

RIGHT BLOCK

(Food) Sweethearts Confectionary
(Shop) Whistle Stop Shop

Tomorrowland

Well Spring
Alpha, Beta, Gamma
Arena E
(Show) Arena E Stage

CONCOURSE

(Food) Spiral Snacks
(Food) Stargazer Grill
(Food) The Light Stuff (ODV)
(M&G) Meet & Greet
(Operations) First Aid -- Tomorrowland
(Ride) Buzz Lightyear Planet Rescue
(Ride) Jet Packs
(Ride) Tron Lightcycles Power Run
(Shop) Intergalactic Imports
(Show) Stitch Encounter
Power Supply
SUPERBLOCK
TRON COVER

Toy Story Land

(Food) Celebration Cafe
(Food) Toy Box Cafe
(M&G) MEET & GREET
(Ride) Rex's Racers
(Ride) Slinky Dog Spin
(Shop) SHOP
(Show) Woody's Roundup

Treasure Cove

(Food) Pintel & Rigetti's Grub to Grab
(Food) The Snackin' Kracken
(Food) Tortuga Treats
(Ride) Explorer Canoes
(Ride) Pirates of the Caribbean -- Battle for the Sunken Treasure
(Shop) Barbossa's Bounty
(Shop) Doubloon Market
(Show) EASTSIDE PERFORMANCE VENUE
(Show) El Teatro Fandango
(Show) Stunt Theater
Jolly Gypsy
Ocean Song
SPARROW'S NEST
Shipwreck Shore
Siren's Revenge

Last edited:

WDW1974

Thanks a bunch @danlb_2000 ... I was heading over here to do just that, but I am extremely busy today so you saved me some time.

I will look in here, but will be discussing in my Spirited thread because, sadly, very few folks wander down to these forums.

I hope to post some thoughts on SDL's menu later today/tonight.

Thanks again!

EPCOTCenterLover

I'm not sure its any better or any worse than what premiered at Hong Kong Disneyland on opening day, but it is a lot better than the mess found at California Adventure or Disney Studios Paris at opening! Further, I think it is a very smart business move to base the attractions on Disney's intellectual properties. It could also yield great results for park fans stateside. If Shanghai brings in the big bucks, the company should be able to cover losses on My Magic+ and start building some terrific attractions once again!

RandySavage

I'm not sure its any better or any worse than what premiered at Hong Kong Disneyland on opening day

Hey Mark,

The list provided by spirit would make for a vastly better/more complete park on opening day (versus Hong Kong's puny, cloned opening roster of attractions), which is very exciting (of course, a lot could get cut from the list before opening).

We can't do a fair side-by-side until unknowns like "Once Upon a Time" Adventure (which could be a big E/D-ticket darkride occupying the large showbuilding at the top of Fantasyland or something much less), but, being generous, the line-up listed looks like it offers more attractions than HKDL does today. For example, where opening-day HK had a single C-ticket darkride in Fantasyland (and now has 2 non-spinner rides), Shanghai has at least 2 proper darkrides, a coaster (Dwarfs), the new boat ride (Grotto), and potentially this "Once Upon a Time" ride covering multiple Disney fairytales, in addition to several on-foot minor attractions.

I think the list at the top has mixed Fantasyland Proper's "Village Complex" (just to the left of the Castle featuring an open courtyard, I'm guessing) with Gardens of Imagination. E.g. Pinnochio, Be Our Guest, Fairy Godmother and Voyage to the Crystal Grotto will be Fantasyland.

118124d1342645990-2016-neuheit-disneyland-shanghai-neuer-park-shanghai-china-db_2012_0718_sdl_map11.jpg

EPCOTCenterLover

You are probably right, Randy. I'm just a bit cynical these days after reading what will be built versus what actually is. Cars Land may be the only recent exception to that.

Voxel

President of Progress City
I will see if I can find some more out about SDL, I am hopefully getting to meet an Imagineer working on the project this holiday season. Maybe I can get some inside information :D

I love that this park will have its own identity. Informed by the culture around it. It sounds unique with interesting versions of the much loved staples, namely POTC. I can't wait to see the finished product. I agree that the lack of 'mountains' seems odd but I like the variety of attractions offered.

Genie of the Lamp

Now that we have the attractions roster, hopefully Spirit can get some more info on the entertainment offerings the park will have (specifically parades, fireworks).

BrianLo

And no Space, Splash or Thunder Mountain or equivalent? Very disappointing.

TRON is the space equivalent. DLP still doesn't have a Splash equivalent and Thunder seems unlikely since HKDL already has that "covered".

This is the issue with the castle parks, it's easy to look at the list and say "but this and this and this" is missing compared to parks that are 30-40 even approaching 60 years old.

Considering it will have 3 "big" E-tickets between the Voyage of the crystal grotto, Pirates and TRON, with some rides that however in the D -> low E like the Rapids, Soarin' and Snow White Mine train, it actually compares favourably or better than opening day line ups to a park like Tokyo Disney Sea, which rarely receives much criticism.

HTF

Not sure if it really matters but in Vekoma's contract they are required to deliver, program, and sign off by June 2015. Now whether or not WDI finishes the theming around it is another story.

RandySavage

I've be told that "Once Upon a Time Adventure" is just a walkthrough in the castle. Which leaves the big question: what is the large showbuilding (Hunny Hunt-scale) on the plan at the top of Fantasyland?? There is a label there but it's just too blurred for me to read it (anyone have eagle eyes?). I can account for most of the List on the Plan, save that.

mahnamahna101

I've be told that "Once Upon a Time Adventure" is just a walkthrough in the castle. Which leaves the big question: what is the large showbuilding (Hunny Hunt-scale) on the plan at the top of Fantasyland?? There is a label there but it's just too blurred for me to read it (anyone have eagle eyes?). I can account for most of the List on the Plan, save that.

Has to be for Voyage to the Crystal Grotto. Maybe it's for Frozen?

BrianLo

A Variety article did recently mention It's a Small World. Maybe it's absent so far as they work things out with HKDL. Toy Story is already stepping on their toes as is.

It's notably a different colour pathway leading up to it as well from the rest of Fantasyland, so either something has been axed, left off the list or is planned as an attraction to follow park opening.

I assume you are referring to the upper left hand pink building? Clockwise from there I'm guessing 100 acre wood, obviously Snow White, the Castle boat ride (does it wind outside too?), then Peter Pan show building is just below Toy Story.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom