scuba diving

bears163

does anyonehave info on scube diving at epcot? any info like when you should schedule, do they still do it, etc. so anything please

PhilharMagician

Here is some info on Dive Quest.

Prepare for a totally unique diving experience! The Living Seas features a 6-million-gallon indoor aquarium with more than 65 species of marine life, including sharks, huge sea turtles, playful eagle rays and schools of colorful tropical fish. With guaranteed calm seas, no current and unlimited visibility, your quest for the dive of a lifetime ends here.

Duration: 3 hours with the in-water experience lasting 40 minutes.
Cost: $140◊ per guest (includes all gear and a limited-edition T-shirt)

Additional Information
All prices include tax. Program itinerary, content and prices are subject to change without notice.

Theme Park admission is neither required nor included for this event.

Guests ages 10 and up are welcome to participate. Guests between 10 and 14 must to be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Younger guests will need Jr. SCUBA certifications.

All required equipment is provided, including mask, fins, tank, buoyancy compensator, regulator, weightbelt and a 2.5mm shorty wetsuit. (You may bring your own mask, if preferred.)

Comfortable changing rooms with showers are provided, but be sure to bring your own swimsuit.

Call 407-WDW-TOUR† for reservations and information.

Please do not bring cameras of any kind. However, other members of your party may be able to photograph or video parts of your dive from the observation windows in the pavilion.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/parks/tourDetail?id=EpcotDiveQuestTourPage

The info is from the disney website. I have also given you a link. I have never tried it. I have thought about it, but diving in a fish tank just doesn't excite me.

Good luck and have fun if you try it.

Upvote 0

MouseMadness

My brothers in law and their girlfriends did this last trip. Now, the one girlfriend, their family takes trips to the keys and other places to scuba dive, and she said that Divequest was worth the trip just to do that alone. :) Nobody left disappointed. You do need to be certified (which I'm sure was mentioned, I didn't read all the posts) and bring your scuba cert., a photo id, and a swim suit. When you call to make the reservation this will all be told to you.

Upvote 0

FSUgly

Just booked my dive at Divequest this morning. Cost was $126, discounted from $140 due to being PADI certified. I don't know if a discount will apply with a certification from other agencies.

Upvote 0

Chernabog

I've never done DiveQuest because I'm not scuba certified, but I have done the AquaSeas tour...TWICE! It's alot like the divequest program but cheaper and you can't actually dive under the surface of the water. They give you an air tank to breath from and you just kinda swim around the top of the tanks. It was really cool and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Once I get certified then I'm going to do the Divequest program. I love the ocean and this is a great experiance for anyone who enjoys this type of thing. Sign up for it and do it if you have the money, you won't regret it!:sohappy: :sohappy: :D :D

Upvote 0

wdwvip3

Originally posted by Chernabog
I've never done DiveQuest because I'm not scuba certified, but I have done the AquaSeas tour...TWICE! It's alot like the divequest program but cheaper and you can't actually dive under the surface of the water. They give you an air tank to breath from and you just kinda swim around the top of the tanks. It was really cool and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Once I get certified then I'm going to do the Divequest program. I love the ocean and this is a great experiance for anyone who enjoys this type of thing. Sign up for it and do it if you have the money, you won't regret it!:sohappy: :sohappy: :D :D

Yeah.. I went with him! It was a very good time... It was one of my first experiences with that sort of thing and I loved it. I think that I may do it again over the summer. There was only one draw back that was caused by a hand flying by my face mask and scared me... Lots of bubbles and lots of laughs... I second, if you can.. totally go for it and take a dive! :D

Upvote 0

TIGGER-FAN

I have done Dive Quest twice and it was awsome both times. Will be doing it again on July 21st. Well worth the price for anyone thining about taking the tour.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom