Screw-ups during live shows?

Disney4Eva

Original Poster
Okay, obviously Disney has a lot of live shows. So...have any of you been watching one of Disney's live shows and seen screw-ups? Like, did someone fall, or did some special effects malfunction? Give us the story!

The_CEO

I've seen many Fantasmic shows where there are tech malfuntions. It gets annoying after awhile. I have seen 3 in the past year where they have to stop the show because the water isn't shooting up.

winterparkbaby

I have seen john smith crash into the moutain side during fantasmic. he shook it off and kept climbing, still got a little ouch from the crowd.

DisneyRoxMySox

In DL, during the Alladin show, we heard something fall and crack, they stopped the show.

I tried to start the slow clap, but one of the CMs stopped me.

Then the guy came back on and said the show was been cancelled...booo!!

MommytoMJM

We've seen Tarzan Rocks so many times that we can tell you when someone misteps or they change a dance sequence....LOL The latest is that the airelists trapeze broke so they haven't been in the show for two weeks now :( We're hoping it will be back up Sunday....

disneylands

Account Suspended
during the indiana jones show I saw the guy trip over one of the spikes that come shooting up... he tried to cover himself by turning it into some kind of roll but it was so obvious and some people even started laughing. oh well no ones perfect.

col

lights motors action

i was watching lights motors action for the 3rd time and when the flames show and the man skids through them he didnt catch on fire and all these people where rushing to him with fire extingushers and hoses and he just got up and waved. it was hilarious the "director" just said that he was suppose to catch fire.

MSTINKHERBELL01

During Voyage of The Little Mermaid...Ariel lost her place during her solo. She hummed her way through the end. Im a vocalist (opera,RnB,gospel) so I could totally understand how she mustve felt.:zipit: My friends (also muscians) thought it was the most hilarious thing ever! I was sooo embarrassed for her!

Galen

A few years back I was walking thru Coaster Courtyard about the time of a performance of Fantasmic!. It started off normal then I heard 9000+ people all gasp at the same time. It went over the radios for all non-attractions CM's to get back stage. Then I heard Guest Relations call the manager on duty and asked him to come down there. What had happened was that at the beginning, Mickey appears, runs forward and does a little jump. Well, the little jump ended up in a broken leg, Mickey falling down, and him knocking himself unconscience. They cancelled the show. As people were leaving, and attractions CM said, "Shows over folks. Mickey's dead." That was why the on duty park manager was called 350+ comp tickets were given out that night.

barnum42

In my Tarzan Rocks video edit, available on Disney Central, you can see one of the dancers nearly tumble off the top of the ramp - he does a turn too close to the edge, puts his foot down and there is nothing there! He made a good recovery and did not fall.

MSTINKHERBELL01

Galen said:
As people were leaving, and attractions CM said, "Shows over folks. Mickey's dead." That was why the on duty park manager was called 350+ comp tickets were given out that night.

Are you kidding?! "SHOWS OVER FOLKS.MICKEY'S DEAD"?? What an awful thing to say...imagine the children that could and probably did hear the CM say that. Not tasteful!

JeffH

Pocahantas walked out on stage a couple of weeks ago, messed up the begining of the song, and walked back off stage and they restarted the show.

Seen many technical goofs in Fantasmic, most enjoyable was watching the princess boats run into each other (bumper boats!!!).

In the middle of the Playhouse Disney show, one of the (many) Jamies, mysteriously disappeared behind stage for quite a while while the show and audience sat quiet waiting. He finally reappeared and turned the page for the next part of the show and preceeded to mistep into one of the "holes" in the stage (where the puppeteers are working). It was quite an awkward and painful (to watch) fall, which he popped right back up from and continued off the front of the stage (like he suppose to do). I assume that he had a very loud call from nature....

Crush in Turtle Talk has to improvise a lot like when a kid takes the microphone (or won't give it back), or says something unusual...which makes this one of the best shows around (for what it is).

There was one Beauty and the Beast show where a dancer (must have) fell during the "Be our Guest" scene, and the show was stopped for about 10 minutes. They picked it up later in the show (next scene I believe).

Once, a dancer at Tarzan Rocks dropped his stick offstage right in front of me and almost killed me as he jumped down to get it as I was also reaching out to get it for him.

In general, though, considering how often we go to WDW and how many live shows we've seen, we've witness hardly any goofs to speak of...the rides break down far more often than the "humans" do.

EpcotGrl

My favorite was during (I think) the Castle show...the Genie's head was a bit loose, and right as he lost it he shouted "POOF! HUMAN HEAD!" So when his "real" head appeared, it wasn't SOO bad. They quickly rushed him off stage, but still: Good show, Genie!! :sohappy:

JeffH

Genie must have had a real good (loud) stage voice to have been heard, since he wouldn't have been mic'ed and his part was pre-taped.

brich

Does Disney On Ice count? I saw a "wardrobe malfunction" from the second row that lasted about 60 seconds longer than the infamous SuperBowl version. Poor girl. She continued with her routine until it wasn't so obvious a time to fix it. I think she was hoping not to bring more attention to it. :eek:
I know I speak for all the dad's that were sitting around me when I say, we WILL go to Disney On Ice again....and again...and again... :lookaroun

SewIn2Disney

The only goof I've seen was not even a goof to the general audience, but I knew it was there. In Voyage of the Little Mermaid, they cut some scenes. The show consisted of the first scene, the "Under the Sea" scene, and the ending. They cut out all of Ursula. The show was less then 10 minutes. My guess was Ursula was malfunctioning that night so they had to cut her scene.

manny8979@yahoo

Fantasmic Malfunction

Mickeys fireworks in the beggining not come out of his fingers and then when he puts his hands behind his back they shot out!The crowd gave a big OHH AHHH it was pretty funny!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom