Scrapbook or Photo Album?

disneyfan123

Original Poster
i am thinking of making a Disney Scrapbook this year to display all of my photos and memorabilia from my trip in July. I was just wondering how everyone "remembers the magic"? Do you display everything in photo album or do you make a scrapbook of ur trip???

Look forward to any replies
*only 39 days to go* (so close and yet so far....)
:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

djmatthews

I have only been on holiday to WDW twice. What I do is have all my photographs put into albums in the correct order, with title pages before each day e.g. September 2nd 2001 - Magic Kingdom, and make it look pretty by using graphics and stuff, it adds a nice touch when you are showing other people, and when you are looking back. I cant stand not having my photos in albums, especially nice Disney ones.

We have out holiday video, I would love editing software and hardware to be able to make them look really good.

And finally a scrapbook. Whenever we visit any of the parks, restaurant, mini golf courses we make sure we get a few leaflets/maps etc. This way we keep a couple in pristine condition, some we show around, look at and write on etc, then put one in scrap book type thing which again is in chronological order like the photos. I don’t fancy the idea of putting my photos in a scrapbook unless I had 2 sets.

Dawn S

I used to keep everything in photo albums, but I recently discovered scrapbooking & I love it. Yes, it is smart to have double prints of your pics. I use one set for scrapbooking & I keep the rest organized well in a photo box for storage. Also, certain types of glue sticks claim that you can peel the pics back out of the scrapbook safely, but I haven't personally tried that yet.

Scrapbooks can be a lot of fun. I found it much easier to keep non-pics, too. I used to try to put my park guides, room tickets, etc. in photo albums, but they slid around, got wrinkled, etc. Scrapbook pages are generally bigger with more room to work with & they're easier to secure items on. Dress the pages up with Disney stickers & cut out pics from magazines & brochures. Another thing I do for my Disney books: I look up pics on the net...little Disney cliparts & such...print them out on heavy paper stock & then cut them out nicely & add them to the pages as well. As long as you use kinda thick paper, this looks great & saves you $ on having to buy all the extra accessories.

CAPTAIN HOOK

Being from the UK most tour operators sell 14 day packages, when staying on WDW property you have the WDW Length of Stay passes - so theres a lot of memories to try and capture.
First there's the photographs - I usually use 12 - 15 rolls of 36 exposure film (thats a lot of pictures to sort out when you get back home :hammer: ) I purchase my albums from the Disney store at DownTown Disney and buy the ones with the year on the cover. The photos are then sorted chronologically - If I visit MK first then these photos are first into the album, followed by all the photos from subsequent visits to MK, then all the photos from MGM etc, etc. In the back of the photo album I place plastic sleeves and put into these the park maps, resort maps etc. So really my photo albums are combined with scrapbooks as well.
Secondly theres the video - This is a new venture for me but on my last visit in April 2001, I used 5 x 90 minute Hi 8 tapes (as well as the 35mm films). Back home I transfer the highlights from these tapes onto normal VHS tape, I used 2 x 180 tapes.

ThinkTink721

Scrapbook & Photo Album

I made a scrapbook & filled 2 photo albums w/ our WDW pics from last year!
:p
1st WDW Visit - July 1977

KCBroadway

When my husband and I take our trips to Disney I tend to take LOTS of photos. I love photography so I will sometimes take 175-250 pics depending on how long we're there. I love to scrapbook, but that would just be WAY too many photos. What I have done for my past few trips is actually use magnetic photo albums (adhesive pages). Hallmark sells really nice albums with separate pages so you can buy as many pages as needed. I will usually buy some scrapbooking supplies (stickers / etc.) and put those into the album with the pics to add character. I like using the adhesive pages because I can also mix in dining receipts / brochures / ticket stubs, etc. It's kind of like scrapbooking, but you can put much more pics!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom