Scooter Rental Reccomendations

PlaneCrazy1978

Hi all.

I've been to WDW a million times, but my mom has decided to come down next Feb for a family vacation. She's 69 and has bad knees, so she'll need a scooter. I Googled scooter companies in Orlando, and there are a ton of them.

She'll need it at the resort to, so just getting it at the parks is not an option. Anybody have any good recommendations for companies they have used that were reliable and priced fairly? I know most of them will deliver to resort, etc, but I have no clue who to use here...

Thanks!

Can't remember the name of the one I used for my MIL 2 years ago, however I do remember getting the recommendation from the front desk. They delivered the scooter shortly after I called. So if I had to do it again, I'd call the front desk (even now before you arrive) and ask who all they recommend. That way you can comparison shop. I think I paid around $400 for the week, but WELL worth it.

Upvote 0

Poofiesdream

I agree with the last poster. Walker mobility, we use it all the time. They deliver and pick up at your resort for free. They are one of the few that have a rainproof battery. Now in a down pour get out of the rain but otherwise no problem. They also do not charge extra for a front basket or headlight. For an extra charge you can get a top over the chair to keep the sun off you. I believe they are still running a special of $25.00 per day if you book by the end of the month for future dates. The regular price is $35.00. You can reserve it now because they do run out once in awhile but you are not charged till the day before they deliver and no problem with cancellations. No I don't work there or know anyone who does but I use them every trip to the world!

Upvote 0

SHORTY

KM Rentals is really good. They cost $25 a day & deliver right to your resort too. The women I dealt with I believe was the owner & was extremely friendly & helpful.
My wife's ankles swelled pretty bad while we were there 3 years ago so after seeing how expensive the parks rentals were, we called KM when we seen one of their EVC's being used by someone. It was later in the day & we wanted it for the next day but she told us that one was already at our resort that she was supposed to pick up but if we wanted, we could go get it right then without being charged for that night.

http://www.km-rentals.com/mobility.htm

Upvote 0

Friend of Walt

Last year I rented an ECV from http://www.scootorlando.com/for my mom (76 at the time) and was incredibly happy with the service and price. The scooter was in our room when we arrived with a fully charged battery. My mom's not technologically savvy, but she masted the machine quickly. I rented the Distinction model for $30 a day (less a really nice discount I found on-line). There are discounts to be had, just check around. Good luck.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom