Scoop Sanderson!

DisneyDadof4

Original Poster
If you ever get the chance to visit MK early in the morning try and find Scoop and play the pin game with him. You can't miss Scoop as he is wearing his trade mark round straw hat and walking his toy dog. He has all types of pins and all you need to play is a pin. My kids had a blast with him last year and keep asking to see him again this year. Has anyone else meet him? He has to be one of the best CM in MK!

joanna71985

If you ever get the chance to visit MK early in the morning try and find Scoop and play the pin game with him. You can't miss Scoop as he is wearing his trade mark round straw hat and walking his toy dog. He has all types of pins and all you need to play is a pin. My kids had a blast with him last year and keep asking to see him again this year. Has anyone else meet him? He has to be one of the best CM in MK!

Actually, I believe Scoop has left the MK.:(

goofyfamily

The first time we met him we enjoyed our time. After that the following year he was very different rude and quick. We went again the year after that and he was even worse. We have then avoided him in our future visits.

Jerm

A recently updated pin information pamphlet I picked up very recently says Scoop is doing it on selected days.

That is a old pamphlet "recently updated" is a few years. I saw those when I was visiting in December they are from last spring or so. I also did some looking around and it does seem as if the Main St. reporter might in fact be off the case:cry: it looks like he is no longer around. But it is funny that they started making a pin set with Mickey as Scoop this year. But I am still trying to find out the facts behind it all.

Awww, I hope Scoop hasn't left. He was the coolest guy. I used to stop and chat with him every time I saw him. Did you know he's also a PA announcer for Disney?

Bug715

I just recently finnished my CP on Main Street and only saw scoop once and that was during training in late august/early september. Not saying that he isn't still around but that is the only time I saw him during my four months there. If I remember I'll ask my trainer when I'm down in March since he did the pin talks with Scoop. I hope he's still around cause I didn't get a chance to talk to him and he seemed really nice.

PuertoRekinSam

Scoop is still on Main Street. All of the Citizens of Main street have "renewed their leases" so to speak. You might not see him this week because an actor who looks a lot like scoop :animwink: has been spotted in a Sundance movie staring Jimmy Fallon. Thus, Scoop is getting the scoop on this.

More proof in the pudding.... the pin of the month "The Scoop" has mickey dressed like Scoop on various rides. Here is next month's pin, coming out this friday.

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/pintrading/pin?id=31783

darthjohnny

That is a old pamphlet "recently updated" is a few years. I saw those when I was visiting in December they are from last spring or so. I also did some looking around and it does seem as if the Main St. reporter might in fact be off the case:cry: it looks like he is no longer around. But it is funny that they started making a pin set with Mickey as Scoop this year. But I am still trying to find out the facts behind it all.

No. It is new.

It even refers to the Disney MGM-Studios by its new name, Disney's Hollywood Studios.

If he doesn't show up any more, than I would imagine it happened very recently.

The pamphlet says:

On Select days at the Magic Kingdom Park, learn how pins are made and how to trade from Scoop Sanderson, Main Street, U.S.A. Reporter and "Pin Enthusiast."

If he is still around, perhaps the problem is that he now does the pin talk on "select" days rather than a schedule like on Sunday-Wednesday. :shrug:

I do remember the Scoop Pin series. It looked cool. The first one had Mickey in the Haunted Mansion. I would imagine they'll continue to release the pins regardless of whether he still does the pin talk or not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom