Sci-Fi Dine-In

skyphotographer

Original Poster
Can't seem to get a reservation for any time in December of this year. However, January 2019 looks wide open. Is there refurb going on that hasn't been published?

slappy magoo

I think if there were a refurb they wouldn't post available times at all.
December used to just be packed during holidays but now the whole month is consistently busy and with TSL open it's going to draw more people who will stay longer, hence the need for reservations.
That and let's face it, the place has its fans. For our upcoming trip I was able to get one time for dinner, 4:40pm. Check every day hoping for a more advantageous time, no luck. And it's been that way since the 180 day window. I've asked wife and kids if they'd prefer to switch to 50's primetime cafe (and it's weird I offered that option; in case you haven't heard my treatment of my children borders on abuse because I pick the hotels where we stay and they don't). And they've sai no thanks its gotta be sci-fi and if we have to be seated at 4:40, so be it.
Of course, if they're that busy,probably not gonna be seated till 5:15 at the earliest anyways.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Semi-related: anyone know what happened to the car outside Sci-Fi? As of last week at least, it had disappeared!
It’s been gone at least since early May. Possible refurb?

19B5B315-04D8-4458-8763-563F6CEE8B76.jpeg

D8CEEF3B-F309-49EE-89E1-67F2CC444F10.jpeg

disneygeek90

I walked by yesterday and looked at the menu. I legitimately feel that they change their menu every few months. Seems really odd as I don't recall any other locations drastically changing everything quite so often.

westie

I just hope they change the distance of people in the cars. When you pick up "hitch hikers" I really dislike how close the people behind you sit. Always makes me feel like someone is going to get food on you.

Club Cooloholic

Or if not a completely new loop, then maybe just an extension? I don't like when it repeats - it just points out how slow the service is at times.
So true, I used to think they should show actual movies but realize diners would then linger, but give us something new after what 25, 30 years? I actually think the space could be made even more fun with the right film clips...trivia?

StarshipDisney

We have eaten there twice. I thought it was novel and will likely do it again. Ashamed they won't include this for the Fantasmic Dining Show. Food was fine.

nickys

Premium Member
Question...do people go here just for the ambiance or do they really like the food..

We tried it for the first time last trip. The ambience is great, the food was fine. Overall it was hugely enjoyable, and amazingly quiet inside. My only issue was it was so dark it was hard to se what we were eating!

We would all go back quite happily, but I have yet to try HBD or 50’s Prime Time, so we may decide to try one of those instead,

Lensman

We tried it for the first time last trip. The ambience is great, the food was fine. Overall it was hugely enjoyable, and amazingly quiet inside. My only issue was it was so dark it was hard to see what we were eating!

We would all go back quite happily, but I have yet to try HBD or 50’s Prime Time, so we may decide to try one of those instead,
Hmm. I worry that there is a correlation between those two things. :)

(I also thought the food was ok, btw. Just nothing to write home about.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom