Scariest Disney Attraction?

Scariest Disney Attraction?

• The Haunted Mansion

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • The Twilight Zone Tower Of Terror

Votes: 74 40.9%
  • It's Tough To Be A Bug

Votes: 13 7.2%
  • Soarin' Around The World (for those with acrophobia)

Votes: 5 2.8%
  • DINOSAUR

Votes: 52 28.7%
  • Expedition Everest

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • Space Mountain

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • Rockin' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • Stitch's Great Escape

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • It's A Small World

Votes: 9 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

EagleScout610

Causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Everest. The backwards section never fails to get a scream out of me. And then seeing the yeti at the end(Having seen him in A Mode, it's not the same), always make me feel like he really wil get his revenge.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I voted small world. I swear those kids come alive

After many years avoiding that ride, I finally gave in. Pure torture...that song, over and over and over again. The longest ride of my life at Disney.

But my nightmare fear of getting stuck, thus trapped for hours with that song , didn't come to fruition.

Clover Bailey

Original Poster
I honestly kind of enjoy It's A Small World. It's just such an suspenseful, thrilling attraction, certainly more intense that your dumb old "ExtraWIMPYestrial Alien Encounter" :hungry:.

If I didn't vote for It's Tough To Be A Bug, I probably would have voted for DINOSAUR. That ride is enjoyably terrifying, and I love it.

LAKid53

Premium Member
I'm seeing a pattern here with IASW....it's THAT SONG! That song even copious amounts of alcohol in WS couldn't drive from your brain. Okay, maybe the dolls too...kinda creepy in a Stephen King sort of way.....

LAKid53

Premium Member
Although I love it, I voted for Tower of Terror. I too get that nervous feeling while waiting in line and I scream my heart out each time it drops. I love the short ride before the drop where you see the people, but last time we went they didn't do it. We just went straight to the drop part. Does anyone know why?

I hope that was just a glitch. DLR's ToT doesn't have the "stroll" through the floors, you go straight into the drops - really disappointing.

fireworksandfairytales

In the Parks
No
I have never ridden Rock 'n' Roller Coaster or Tower of Terror (because I'm so nervous about them), but the upside down factor of coaster makes it the scariest WDW ride in my book for sure.

DRC68

Any of the late night drunken resort bus rides back from Pleasure Island back in the day...frightening.

DisneyJunkie

Personally, I don't consider any of those on the list to be "scary", but I did select Space Mtn because if people who typically have their hands up in the air on roller coasters knew how close they'd come to losing them if they did it on SM, they'd be scared. I might have chosen Haunted Mansion if they'd include the "Hatbox Ghost" and place him in a position where you might quickly run into him coming around a corner. He's creepy enough in appearance that it might qualify as scary.

DreamfinderGuy

There are no scary attractions, but I've heard the short lived original version of ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter scared many although I was never on it myself.

BraveGirl

The original Alien Encounter was horrifying, so glad it's gone.

My current scariest is Tower of Terror because it combines the horror movie scary with the thrill ride scary. Most of my family doesn't do scary rides so I end up on them alone, and Tower of terror is the only one I won't do without a buddy. Watching that movie....and then waiting for the elevator...and then being ON the elevator....gah, I'm getting nervous just sitting her! I won't do it without a friend!

DisneyAndADoleWhip

I voted for Dinosaur, but I have to say, I haven't been to it's tough to be a bug since I was 12. It scared me so badly, I ended up on my dad's lap during that show.
I don't like dinosaurs, even in movies, but I'll ride it each trip just because I like to get scared once in a while; only as long as I know what's coming.

kaitertot5249

I voted ToT based purely on the pre-ride stomach churning feeling I never fail to get while waiting in line. I love the ride though, I typically ride it at least twice every trip if there is someone there willing to ride it with me.

However, I think that I get the most scared on Splash Mountain and I'm not sure why. It's a relatively tame ride with cute animatronics and a fun storyline. Something about that drop freaks me out though. I ride it a few times every trip but I always get super nervous approaching the last drop and regret my decision each time. I don't know what it is about the ride.

DfromATX

I have never ridden Rock 'n' Roller Coaster or Tower of Terror (because I'm so nervous about them), but the upside down factor of coaster makes it the scariest WDW ride in my book for sure.

My youngest son, now 14, used to be scared of Rock N Roll Coaster and would never ride it, but he rode it for the first time last July and now it's his favorite ride. It's so much fun! The worst part is that it's too short! Just try it next time you go. It's not too scary, just thrilling. Now Tower of Terror IS scary but still fun!

There are no scary attractions, but I've heard the short lived original version of ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter scared many although I was never on it myself.
My wife and I experienced that in 97- very cool -the original Alien (movie) scared the bejezzus out of me back in the day - i can't recall why I thought I would enjoy the attraction - as for the remake into 'stitch' -we did that last year - wow- what a downer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom