Scared of coasters...help

hls1023

I'm pretty scared of roller coasters. I went on BTMR with my husband and that was okay. We are going in Nov. and I'm debating on whether I want to try Space Mountain and EE. Not really into the big "drops" Do any of these coasters have big drops in them?:veryconfu

Kristia

I am a bit of a wimp when it comes to drops also. I do ride Splash because my husband loves it and I love the music and the story. I am usually shaking like a leaf when I get on in anticipation of the drop. Space Mountain is not a problem for me, the drops aren't bad enough. I liked EE. Although it has a large drop (and I was very nervous the first time I rode it) the drop is on a curve and you don't get that horrible straight down feeling. The backwards drop is on a curve also and to me didn't feel like a real drop. I have also ridden RnR. There are no drops in this ride, just upside down. Because it is in the dark you barely know you are upside down. I am not crazy about the launch but after that it is a piece of cake. Very smooth! There is no way I will get on ToT. I would love to see the ride, just don't want to do that free fall.

On a side note, we will be going to Universal this time for a day. How is the Mummy in comparison to the Disney coasters? I am always worried riding something for the first time. Are there large drops? I think I remember reading that is a launch type like RnR. How does it compare to RnR?

Upvote 0

smayco

I'm pretty scared of roller coasters. I went on BTMR with my husband and that was okay.

I too am petrified of rollercoasters. I just *hate* that feeling I get in my stomach on the drops. I've never been on Splash Mountain, but I rode Space Mountain once, and liked it, but I was 19 yo and now I'm too old and scared to try it again, LOL.

I just tried BTMR for the first time last month and wasn't crazy about it either :eek: OTOH, I loved Mission:Space (Green side), Soarin', and Dinosaur. Though they're considered thrill rides, there are no drops. Oh, and you'd never catch me on RnR or ToT, not in a million years :eek:

~Sue

Upvote 0

tink68

Ok I think we need to go to park together. hehe My husband rides all the big drop rides while I watch because I cannot handle it either. I love BTMRR but that is the most roller coaster I can handle. I can handle upside down stuff just not the dropping. My stomach does not like it and I get really upset if someone tries to force me. Lukcily my husband does not do that either and is pretty understanding. I ride everything else there just not the dropping stuff and I hate missing out on it but I just cannot get past that fear. Good luck to you. Maybe one of these days we will both face our fears. :wave:

Upvote 0

SamnDawn060304

I am not a big fan of them either. But this last trip I rode quite a few. I still won't ride anything that goes upside down or backwards. I think you are safe with SM & BTMR. I did not ride Splash but that is only because I rode Jurassic Park @ IOA and that did it for me I am not a fan of THE BIG DROP! Have a great time.

=( <------- wishing I was going again 2morrow!:(

Upvote 0

imamouse

Have you tried Primevil Whirl at Animal Kingdom? It only has baby drops.

I agree with those who say that you just need to ride roller coasters more often. I used to be scared of them, then started with Big Thunder Mtn and worked my way up. Now I enjoy riding all of them - even inversion coasters like RnRC. Good luck :wave:

Upvote 0

hls1023

Original Poster
I rode RnRC last year and thought I would die, I am scared of rides that go upside down. I rode it with my oldest daughter because I thought it wouldn't/couldn't be that bad :eek: , it was. I shook for a good hour after I got off the ride, she felt horrible that I was so scared. I looked at all the little kids getting on the ride and the lady in a wheelchair in front of us in line who told me it was her favorite ride and she had been on it 4 times that day alone, I felt like if they could do it....I could. I was wrong. :hurl:

I can ride Splash Mountain and have ridden Space Mountain (years ago tho) and Big Thunder Mountain is my favorite ride ever. I rode EE last June for the first time, I did okay. but there is a big drop going backwards. I screamed the entire ride apparently, but I think I would ride it again. :shrug:

It is good that no one will pressure you to ride something you feel you can't. In the future I will just wait for my loved ones and look at the pictures to see if they had fun!:D

LOL! You sound exactly like I do. I thought that maybe exposure to it would help me get over the fear that I have. I need to take baby steps. I DO NOT like the"stomach in your throat" feeling on the big drops and my legs always feel like Jell-o for 30 minutes after.

Upvote 0

hls1023

Original Poster
I am not a big fan of them either. But this last trip I rode quite a few. I still won't ride anything that goes upside down or backwards. I think you are safe with SM & BTMR. I did not ride Splash but that is only because I rode Jurassic Park @ IOA and that did it for me I am not a fan of THE BIG DROP! Have a great time.

=( <------- wishing I was going again 2morrow!:(

I rode the Jurassic Park ride and that killed it for me also. I was not anticipating the drop at the end of that ride because from the outside it didn't look that bad. I also bruised my knees pretty bad. When that boat hits the water it comes to a dead stop and my knees slammed into the seat in front of me. :(

Upvote 0

hls1023

Original Poster
We should really keep this thread going. Kinda feels like therapy cause the only person I have ever really talked to about it is my husband.

I unfortunatly don't ever see myself going on anything like RNRC or DD at IOA but I'm okay with that. I just feel bad for dragging my husband on the coasters for 3 year olds cause that's all I think I can handle. He doesn't complain though which is nice. :)

Upvote 0

SamnDawn060304

I rode the Jurassic Park ride and that killed it for me also. I was not anticipating the drop at the end of that ride because from the outside it didn't look that bad. I also bruised my knees pretty bad. When that boat hits the water it comes to a dead stop and my knees slammed into the seat in front of me. :(

I lost a perfectly good sun visor on that ride. :ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

figmntal95

Where in south east florida do you live? My grandparents live in pompano beach. In Boomers in Dania beach they have a wooden coaster called the dania beach hurricane.

If you can get over their and actuyally get yourself to go on it then you will have no problems with all the coasters at the world besides rockin roller coaster.

Dude, i love that coaster!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom