News Scaffolding up at the Magic Kingdom's 'Be Our Guest Restaurant' as exterior refurbishment gets underway

Fox&Hound

Beast's castle always seemed weird to me because you see it sitting high on the mountain/rock work but the doors to Be our Guest are in the side of the mountain. Are we supposed to believe they are the doors of the castle? Or that the doors transport you to the castle somehow? Like what is the story, exactly? Is it just me?

Brian

Beast's castle always seemed weird to me because you see it sitting high on the mountain/rock work but the doors to Be our Guest are in the side of the mountain. Are we supposed to believe they are the doors of the castle? Or that the doors transport you to the castle somehow? Like what is the story, exactly? Is it just me?
By the time you get to the gate, you cannot see the castle. The idea is that you've traveled up to the castle doors at that point.

That's the "story." The real deal is that they were too cheap to build an actual even somewhat life sized castle.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
They have hired giants to refurbish the castle!

1628289639726.png

owlsandcoffee

I said the same in another thread. It's just clumsy. They could've had you wind through caves until you eventually reach the castle but they were cheap, and poof.

Walt d

Just start singing hi ho hi ho and you’ll be fine.

DiSnEyF@n

Not going to lie…. I don’t think I’ve noticed it before…. Leaving this upcoming Friday for Disney and we‘re eating there for lunch. I’m looking forward to spotting it.

Brian

I said the same in another thread. It's just clumsy. They could've had you wind through caves until you eventually reach the castle but they were cheap, and poof.

The problem is that the show building is right up against the only road that leads to the Utilidors. Any further back and you'd have to reroute the road, and there is a retention pond on the other side, so no go.

cookiee_munster

The forced perspective has never really worked, it's mostly down to how vibrant they paint it. I kind of think what with the vibrancy they used on cindy's castle, the beasts castle may be just as bold.

brihow

The forced perspective has never really worked, it's mostly down to how vibrant they paint it.
That is a big part of the problem, though I also think the castle lacks enough small, fine architectural detail work. When compared to the Tokyo version of the Beast's castle the Florida version is too simplistic.

cookiee_munster

That is a big part of the problem, though I also think the castle lacks enough small, fine architectural detail work. When compared to the Tokyo version of the Beast's castle the Florida version is too simplistic.
Part of me would like to think it was a deliberate decision to not add all the finer details to add to the forced perspective, but all i think of is cost cutting...

TrainsOfDisney

I’ve always thought the original plan was to have a b&tb ride and the entrance was through the workshop /
Magic mirror and the exit was through the cave / drawbridge. The “castle” was in the background because you traveled to and and from the castle as part of the attraction.

That’s just me guessing... but it makes sense when you think about it.

Prototype82

I know its supposed to appear distant and that far off details can't be perceived by the naked eye...but some Trompe-l'œil would do wonders on the minature's facade.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom