Say Good Bye to a live Tinker Bell!!

WDWRLD

Fraisie said:
I saw Remember... Dreams Come True in may and yes, their Tinker Bell is real. The way she flies is really beautifyl, and it adds a lot to the magic of this wonderful fireworks show.

Yea, Last week we had a bus driver who said there was a 5th theme park under construction. This was among a list of misinformation that he gave on the trip (on the longtrip, the long way past epcot) from POR to Mk one day.

PKD

Original Poster
Brian Skinner said:
Yea, Last week we had a bus driver who said there was a 5th theme park under construction. .

WOW...they really said that? Did they also mention that Disney was buying Seaworld & Universal :lol: ? LMAO

WendyTinkerbell

The Tinkerbell at DL is real, at least until Oct. 2006. I was going to audition for her from the information provided on the casting website. She had to be shorter than 5'3'', athletic, 100-125 lbs and have experience with heights and other stuff for the flight.

sj03gcs

There is a really good version of "Remember" at www.visionsfantastic.com.
I know you have to be a member to see it, but the membership is free like here. You should all check it out. It has some great videos of attractions in the park..

Scott

imagineer boy

The mechanical Tinkerbell that your scource might be refferring to is the little light bulp thing that flew around the castle at the begginning of "Beleive... There's Magic in the Stars" the old fireworks show at DL that Remember replaced. A live tinker bell flew around near the end of the show. Maybe Wishes might be getting that effect soon? If your bus driver is thinking about an AA tinker bell on the wire, then forget about it. It would be way too heavy and will pull down the wire.

Miss Bell

I can clap my hands together to keep Tinker Bell alive, right?

Seriously, while a Tink that can fly circles around the castle does sound cool, a "live" Tinker Bell is one of the most magical moments for me. It would be a sad day for me if she was replaced with an animatronic.

manda0125

Tink

Chape19714 said:
DL's Tinkerbell is live. It is a pretty amazing specail effect. The costume doesn't light up like WDW's, but it is actually florecent, so blacklights are turned on, and all you can see is tink and the castle (using it's own lighting). I thought that DLP's Tink was a pyrotechinic effect rather than an animontronic, but i could be wrong. And AskMike1 is right, she the castle size plays a huge role in this effect. She takes off from the Matterhorn, and actually lands on a platform hidden in the trees between Fantasyland and Frontierland.

I caught a quick glimpse of Tinkerbell on the Disney Channel the other day. Disney 411 was on and they were in Disneyland and they showed a quick and close up glimpse of Tinkerbell flying. I thought she looked fake because of her costume. It's hard to explain but her arms and legs were covered with something. It had a flesh tone to it but it was just werid to see it. But now I understand that they do that because of the florecent. That way when the blacklight hits her, she is entirely visable, arms and all. I think it is true magic that they can do that. My only question is during the day are all those wires visable?

askmike1

manda0125 said:
My only question is during the day are all those wires visable?
The wire from the Matterhorn to the platform is visible. If you go to this link, at the end they have a picture of the castle in the day.

-Michael

TinkerBell9988

Well, I know for a fact that DL's Tinker Bell is live, because I saw Remember... Dreams Come True in person, very close to the castle and I saw her "crash landing." Let me tell you... WDW's version is nothing compared to DL's. Their whole show is completely magical, and their Tinker Bell puts the cherry on the cake.

I will be very happy if we get a Tinker Bell similar to Disneyland's. :D

mkepcotmgmak

convrsboy said:
So the word from a WDW Ent Tech is that the WDW Tinker in Wishes is being worked on to no longer have the single flight. I am not sure when this change will take place, if at all.....but the WDW MK is said to be getting the same "Tinkerbell" that is used in DL's Remember... Dreams do come true. (This is what I have been told they use) This Tinker is a combo of special rigging & LED lights which "flys" from side to side & 360 degrees around the castle. (They are wanting to use the same set up... if she is live or not?? Who knows for sure)

HOWEVER for anyone who has seen the Tinkerbell from DL, it's VERY COOL looking!!!!

this is the BEST NEWS EVER! DL's show uses a live tinkerbell, LOOK AT THE VIDEO I SENT YOU!!! She is the BEST TINK EVER!

lightboy

I think not...

This post has no merit what-so-ever. I don't know which one of the "entertainment techs" told you this, but this is 100% false. I have no idea which person you "think" is a tech that told you this...however, that news travels among the flight crew quick...and I haven't heard a word of it.

Tink is alive and real, and will continue flying. There are no plans to discontinue her nightly flights over the Magic Kingdom...or replace her.

However, this person may be referring to testing in the fourth quarter of last year...when Disney tested a dummy system over the magic kingdom for a couple weeks in the middle of the night. Testing was soon over, and almost a year later...no contraption, or official release...just our same 'ole beloved Tink.

I think it's important to realize that just because something is being tested at Walt Disney World...shouldn't be an indication that we should spread rumors of change.

PKD

Original Poster
lightboy said:
I think it's important to realize that just because something is being tested at Walt Disney World...shouldn't be an indication that we should spread rumors of change.

This entire site.. and the forum this thread is listed under is about Disney News & Rumors.... Last time I check that allows for people to bring up topics that MAY one day come to light be it from testing new prototypes, "secret" meetings, or even a chat at the watercooler.

This whole site was created as an outlet for this type of information. If you dont like to read about what may or may not happen in the future.. then don't read the thread =)

"Thanks folks for making this little gathering of ours so extra magical!"

MommytoMJM

boo52 said:
Who is giving you this mis infmation? Bus Drivers? Friendship Captains? There are no immediate plans to replace Tink at WDW or to even change to the Disneyland version.

WHEW!!! I almost had a heart attack! We love the live Tinkerbell!

yensidtlaw1969

General Grizz said:
That would be nice, but don't take bus driver info as fact. Fifth theme park, anyone? :lookaroun
Actually, the bus driver told me that the fifth theme park was being built and there would be nothing but animatronic flying Tinkerbells, and when people start to worry that she will land on their heads she will be replaced with Stitch, because the same show with Stitch instead scares alot less small children :lookaroun .

Yensidtlaw1969

:lookaroun

PKD

Original Poster
yensidtlaw1969 said:
Actually, the bus driver told me that the fifth theme park was being built and there would be nothing but animatronic flying Tinkerbells, and when people start to worry that she will land on their heads she will be replaced with Stitch, because the same show with Stitch instead scares alot less small children :lookaroun .

Yensidtlaw1969

:lookaroun

PERFECT!! :sohappy:

djronnieb

i've only seen the video of the DL verision of their new 50th show. Tink flys all around the castle and even circles it and "bounces" off the castle. This is the coolest thing I've seen. But I don't see how she could be real and only flying on 1 wire. Because she changes heights, and also flys in a 360 circle around the castle.

And BOO... what type of the thing did they test?

lightboy

I was more suggesting that you re-word your post to appear as "something you heard"....instead of hearing that it was a definite thing bud. Just looking at your title, "Say Goodbye to a live Tinker Bell" suggests that you know that this is a 100% a factual thing...when it is not. I'm assuming you don't even work for Entertainment in the first place...considering some of your other posts continue to "down" Walt Disney World Entertainment. Sure, WDE could be something much more...but right now, it is what it is.

As I said before, you don't work anywhere near Tink...and your "rumors" are false. Period, end of story. You fighting back earlier with..."oh, well this technician is high up on the food chain" or whatever....no, that's false. We're all techs, there isn't really a ladder to speak of. So I'm simply dispelling immediately the rumor you hear of.

Have a magical day... :)

mkepcotmgmak

lightboy said:
I was more suggesting that you re-word your post to appear as "something you heard"....instead of hearing that it was a definite thing bud. Just looking at your title, "Say Goodbye to a live Tinker Bell" suggests that you know that this is a 100% a factual thing...when it is not. I'm assuming you don't even work for Entertainment in the first place...considering some of your other posts continue to "down" Walt Disney World Entertainment. Sure, WDE could be something much more...but right now, it is what it is.

As I said before, you don't work anywhere near Tink...and your "rumors" are false. Period, end of story. You fighting back earlier with..."oh, well this technician is high up on the food chain" or whatever....no, that's false. We're all techs, there isn't really a ladder to speak of. So I'm simply dispelling immediately the rumor you hear of.

Have a magical day... :)

why is michael eisner infiltrating steve's message board?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom