Savi's Workshop Reservations Unavailable for August?

Hellingerian

Hello everyone!

Has anyone managed to get Savi's Workshop reservations for August 2022, or know of a reservation system issue?

I'm staying on site at WDW from Aug 12-18. I tried to make my Savi's reservations exactly at Midnight, 60 days prior to Aug 12th. Unfortunately, all of these dates were already unavailable at midnight! Can this really be correct, or is there some kind of system issue?

I've been poking around for the last week or so and have yet to see a single open reservation time on any day in August. I'm wondering if something's up with the whole month, or if Disney is blocking out dates for some reason. If anyone has heard anything, I'd be very interested.

My son has been talking about building a lightsaber at Savi's pretty much non-stop since Galaxy's Edge opened. This is our first trip, and he'll be very disappointed if we can't get in.

Thanks!

(First Time Poster, Long Time Lurker)

RememberWhen

Unfortunately I don’t have an answer for you. I was able to make a reservation for my son for Aug 6th, when our booking window opened. At that time there seemed to be a lot of availability. So far, that reservation is still showing up in MDE, so Disney hasn’t decided to shut it down and cancel everyone yet. I’m not seeing any availability at all, which makes me think it’s a glitch of some kind. Prior to booking our reservation I had been checking and there seemed to be lots of availability through July. Now there’s nothing. Keep checking back. I hope your child is able to do it!

Upvote 1

Ralvek

I’m having the same issue for 8/10-8/20. I’ve seen posts in other forums of this being a common issue for Savi’s and some of the other Enchanting Extras reservations.

Upvote 0

Disstevefan1

Sorry to hear you can’t get reservations. Are we seeing the combination of travel to WDW back to pre pandemic levels (or higher) combined with WDW’s minimal staffing (Intentional or not)?

Upvote 0

Hellingerian

Original Poster
Thanks for the replies!

I tried again at 5:45am, since I saw in some posts that this is the old time reservations came available. Still no luck for Savi’s. I suspect something must be up with certain Enchanting Extras. I had no problem at all getting difficult to score dining reservations like Sci-Fi Drive-In and Oga’s Cantina. Droid Depot is wide open.

I’m hopeful that this issue, whatever it might be, will get resolved and a bunch of reservations will suddenly come available. We just need to keep checking, hopefully.

It is a surprising contrast to look at the Disneyland Savi’s, though. They have TONS of availability in August.

Upvote 0

monamecha

Hello everyone!

Has anyone managed to get Savi's Workshop reservations for August 2022, or know of a reservation system issue?

I'm staying on site at WDW from Aug 12-18. I tried to make my Savi's reservations exactly at Midnight, 60 days prior to Aug 12th. Unfortunately, all of these dates were already unavailable at midnight! Can this really be correct, or is there some kind of system issue?

I've been poking around for the last week or so and have yet to see a single open reservation time on any day in August. I'm wondering if something's up with the whole month, or if Disney is blocking out dates for some reason. If anyone has heard anything, I'd be very interested.

My son has been talking about building a lightsaber at Savi's pretty much non-stop since Galaxy's Edge opened. This is our first trip, and he'll be very disappointed if we can't get in.

Thanks!

(First Time Poster, Long Time Lurker)
I'd love to know as well! I've been trying the same way you have for our 4th of July trip and NOTHING has ever shown up. My 10 year old has been saving his money for over a year now in order to get a light saber and it has really been upsetting for me (he's acting like it's no big deal) that i can't get a reservation for him.

Upvote 0

Hellingerian

Original Poster
I'd love to know as well! I've been trying the same way you have for our 4th of July trip and NOTHING has ever shown up. My 10 year old has been saving his money for over a year now in order to get a light saber and it has really been upsetting for me (he's acting like it's no big deal) that i can't get a reservation for him.
I saw some posts recommending A site called mousewatcher. I haven’t tried it yet, but other folks seem to have positive experiences. It sends you a text if/when reservations come available. It also costs a little starting at $5. July 4th is coming up soon for you, so you might want to sign up there. If you do, please post back with feedback. I’ll likely give it a try in a few weeks if We still can’t get a reservation.
I hope something opens up for you!

Upvote 0

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
Something is going on. The attached screenshot was what I found last Tuesday for the first week of August, just looking at afternoon times. The results were similar for mornings. In other words, there were more than a dozen available slots every single day. The next day, those were all gone. And I do not believe that dozens of slots every day for that whole week were magically booked over one night.

This stinks, because I have friends going on their first trip, and Savi's was their #1 priority for the entire trip. I have not seen any availability since looking last Tuesday - for their trip or any other days. Not sure what's going on, but that was just bizarre.

Attachments

• 640189-bf4c40e45b55391c584f3ef5285cb680.jpg
    640189-bf4c40e45b55391c584f3ef5285cb680.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 139
Upvote 0

monamecha

I saw some posts recommending A site called mousewatcher. I haven’t tried it yet, but other folks seem to have positive experiences. It sends you a text if/when reservations come available. It also costs a little starting at $5. July 4th is coming up soon for you, so you might want to sign up there. If you do, please post back with feedback. I’ll likely give it a try in a few weeks if We still can’t get a reservation.
I hope something opens up for you!
Thank you so very much! I just signed up for alerts on this website!! I also called the enchanted extras number yesterday and spoke to a really helpful lady, she did say that Savi's workshop currently has the August dates "closed" and that they "hadn't yet cancelled" any of the existing July reservations - she didn't elaborate but it seemed like something was going on with this workshop and that is probably why we aren't seeing any august dates coming available. She said she'd had several calls already just on that day about it.

Upvote 0

Hellingerian

Original Poster
Thanks for all of this great info! Well on the bright side, at lest we can be fairly certain these dates aren’t “actually” booked, but blocked off by Disney, or delayed.

I see other posts about light saber part shortages, and that new designs are coming soon. Maybe this is Disney’s way of being cautious until they are sure they have enough parts in stock? Some older posts seem to indicate something similar happened in May when there was a supply shortage. Then eventually, the dates opened up.

In think we should all still be hopeful at this point. I’ll post here if I hear anything new.

Upvote 0

MarvelCharacterNerd

While Covid or supply shortages may sometimes be the cause of limitations, if you can't book in advance - two suggestions:

1) go there first thing in the morning on your park day and talk to a CM at Savi's to see if any availability opened up for the day - small chance but can't hurt to ask

2) consider alternative sabers if you can't get in - for adults, the legacy sabers at Dok's are beautiful and IMO a better quality than the Savi ones seem to be (going off pictures and seeing others carrying them around - I haven't held either in hand) or, if your younglings are young enough, build the plastic sabers with them for the experience and they'll be just as happy swinging them around at a much lower cost :)

Upvote 0

Emcoad

Reservations have opened up again! I just logged in and got mine for August.
How many days out were you when you were able to get your reservation? We're staying onsite Aug 16-22, and I logged in at 5:45am yesterday and every day Aug 16-22 is already showing no available time slots!

Upvote 0

Hellingerian

Original Poster
How many days out were you when you were able to get your reservation? We're staying onsite Aug 16-22, and I logged in at 5:45am yesterday and every day Aug 16-22 is already showing no available time slots!
Wow. There were TONS of openings for mid-August when they came available yesterday, and those dates are all unavailable now. I managed to get an August 15th reservation on June 16th, but there were dozens of openings every day throughout my trip from Aug 12th - 18th. It seems like the reservations all came up in the morning around 1145ET on June 16th. Prior to June 16th all of these dates had no openings, I had been looking multiple times a day. I'm not sure if they all went incredibly quickly, or if WDW is turning availability on and off to limit capacity. Either way, I would recommend checking every day or setting up a notification on the Mousewatcher site. There's definitely far more demand than availability, and it seems like WDW is throttling reservations.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
August 16 has a ton of spots today.

1655493879021.png

1655493848259.png

What's happening to you happened to my friends. When she logged on at 60 days to make dining reservations, she was able to make them for length of stay. She was also able to make Droid Depot for 60+1. For Savi's, it would let her select her whole length of stay, but returned no times.

Yesterday when they released times, I was able to make them for her.

Point being - I think, unlike dining and Droids, Savi's is only letting you make reservations 60 days out as opposed to 60+ length of stay (assuming you're staying onsite). So keep checking every day. And if there aren't slots, don't give up.

Good luck!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom