SAVI - Stanza V: Team S.E.A. - Alton Towers

D Hulk

I don't understand money, or budgets, or numbers!!
147296.jpg

Evilgidgit

I'm just going to assume the World of David Walliams refurb would be complete prior to these new additions, so I'm leaving it off the budget. Let's see now...

-Demolition of CBeebies Land and Adventure Land
-Fabled Forest (based on children's literature -- Beatrix Potter, Roahl Dahl, Narnia).
--Peter Rabbit's Carrot Caper (dark ride)
--Jeremy Fisher's Lilypad Splash (Aquatopia-style ride)
--Mrs. Tiggywinkle's Kitchen (dining)
--Hill Top Cottage (shop/museum, a replica of Beatrix Potter's Cumbrian cottage)
--Giant Peach (walkthrough, James and the Giant Peach)
--Strange and Scrumptious Dishes (restaurant, James and the Giant Peach)
--Matilda's Mischeivous Adventure (dark ride)
--Miss Honey's Sweet Treats (restaurant)
--Giant Country (an entire indoor subland based on The BFG, with a suspended dark ride, and a signature restaurant and shop).
--The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe (indoor boat ride)
--Tumnus' Gift Tree (shop)
-Sonic's Spin Zone (based on Sonic the Hedgehog, may expand to include other Sega titles).
--Construction of pathways from Dark Forest and the Forbidden Valley to Sonic's Spin Zone.
--Sonic Spin Dash (rollercoaster based on the Green Hill Zone, with a leading hamster wheel-style vehicle at the front)
--Tails' Sky Patrol (bi-plane spinner of telescopic arms)
--Chaos in the Hidden Palace (large E-ticket ride similar to Indiana Jones Adventure).
--Chili dog restaurant (in partnership with the "Sonic" chain?)
--Chao Garden Cafe (restaurant)
Others
--Minor refurbishments for all other lands and attractions.
--Mutiny Bay refurbishment -- New Horrible Histories-style cinema experience in the Sharkbait Reef theatre.

Brer Panther

I like it! That is a very good lineup. No complaints or nitpicks whatsoever.

Are we gonna be doing detailed ride-throughs of these attractions a la this or this, or just detailed descriptions? I personally vote for the latter.

Evilgidgit

I like it! That is a very good lineup. No complaints or nitpicks whatsoever.

Are we gonna be doing detailed ride-throughs of these attractions a la this or this, or just detailed descriptions? I personally vote for the latter.

I think we shall take the path of brevity. Writing long-worded outlines of attractions in a limited amount of time can be testy in my experience.

Brer Oswald

For Sonic rides, I had three ideas. For the E-Ticket, I call it “Chaos Control”. You’d basically travel up to the Access Arc in Space to break Shadow free from Eggman’s clutches. There’s more to it ;if you’re interested I’ll write something up.

I had two coaster ideas: a Green Hill Zone family coaster and a Rooftop Run coaster.

The theming of the land, I’m caught between Station Square with Green Hill outskirts, or Eggman’s Theme Park from Sonic Colors. Thinking the former.

Evilgidgit

For Sonic rides, I had three ideas. For the E-Ticket, I call it “Chaos Control”. You’d basically travel up to the Access Arc in Space to break Shadow free from Eggman’s clutches. There’s more to it ;if you’re interested I’ll write something up.

I had two coaster ideas: a Green Hill Zone family coaster and a Rooftop Run coaster.

The theming of the land, I’m caught between Station Square with Green Hill outskirts, or Eggman’s Theme Park from Sonic Colors. Thinking the former.

I believe we should keep it to Green Hill Zone meets Mystic Ruins (a South American-esque environment to the uninitiated of Sonic lore). Alton Towers has a restrictive rule saying no buildings can be built above the tree line for some reason. A rural environment better suits Sonic compared to a big urban landscape, and tropical theming will be unique to the park.

I like the Tornado spinner ride. I think restricting it to that, an Adult Boost coaster, and a huge Dark Ride would be perfect for The Sonic themed area.

I agree with this line up, though could you go into more detail about your rescuing Shadow ride?

I'm drifting more towards doing an Indiana Jones-esque ride through an ancient echidna temple where Robotnik is trying to steal the Master Emerald, and we are either explorers or G.U.N. agents trying to help Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, and other character stop Robotnik.

Brer Oswald

I believe we should keep it to Green Hill Zone meets Mystic Ruins (a South American-esque environment to the uninitiated of Sonic lore). Alton Towers has a restrictive rule saying no buildings can be built above the tree line for some reason. A rural environment better suits Sonic compared to a big urban landscape, and tropical theming will be unique to the park.

I agree with this line up, though could you go into more detail about your rescuing Shadow ride?

I'm drifting more towards doing an Indiana Jones-esque ride through an ancient echidna temple where Robotnik is trying to steal the Master Emerald, and we are either explorers or G.U.N. agents trying to help Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, and other character stop Robotnik.
Eh, I still think we could incorporate the Station Square theming. The buildings aren’t that tall, and city scapes are so integral to the Sonic games. Mystic Ruins is cool. You could throw Tails workshop in there.

I think the Temple Ride has been so overdone at this point. You see it in SeaWorld, LegoLand, Universal, and of course Indy and JC at Disney.

For the Dark Ride, I was thinking:
Eggman would have Shadow captured, using his Chaos powers to power up the Eclipse Cannon.

With Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles, you would “run” through City Escape, take the Rocket from Prison Island to the Access Arc, and break Shadow free before the Cannon is fired.

Shadow would wreck havoc on the Doctors contraptions as Rhythm and Balance would play. You’d escape through a hatch that would take you to White Jungle at night.

Brer Panther

Decided to do the first ride description...

Tails' Sky Patrol
1582327206935.png
After that, we came across this ride called Tails' Sky Patrol. I'm guessing it was based on the 1995 game starring Sonic's faithful sidekick. It's a spinner ride a la Dumbo the Flying Elephant, where you pilot a biplane similar in appearance to Tails' own plane the Tornado. The attraction has sixteen planes in total, each one fitting a total of four people. Those in the front row of the plane can control how high they fly, while those in the back row control the pitch from front to back. Younger guests should love it - I know I sure did!

Last edited:

Evilgidgit

For the Dark Ride, I was thinking:
Eggman would have Shadow captured, using his Chaos powers to power up the Eclipse Cannon.

With Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles, you would “run” through City Escape, take the Rocket from Prison Island to the Access Arc, and break Shadow free before the Cannon is fired.

Shadow would wreck havoc on the Doctors contraptions as Rhythm and Balance would play. You’d escape through a hatch that would take you to White Jungle at night.

While I agree that the lost temple has been done to death, I'm struggling to wrap my head around how this would work as a functional attraction. We would go from a city to space to the Ark, and unless it is going for Rise of the Resistance-length times, I'm not sure we could get through all this in a short space of time. How big is this attraction, what technology would it use, and how would we physically move guests from a city run to a rocket on Prison Island to a space colony? Would a simulator work better than a dark ride?

I don't think the land can be enormous enough to mix Green Hill Zone, Mystic Ruins, and Station Square in one place, especially since we have a limited budget and room. If we were to go with Chaos Control, I'd cut the city run, set it in Eggman's base, and begin with the rocket launch and go into space straight away. That way it feels more fast-paced right off the bat. I am a little apprehensive about Eggman kidnapping Shadow (it is Shadow after all), but this is a theme park ride and such things can be done for new audiences.

Brer Oswald

While I agree that the lost temple has been done to death, I'm struggling to wrap my head around how this would work as a functional attraction. We would go from a city to space to the Ark, and unless it is going for Rise of the Resistance-length times, I'm not sure we could get through all this in a short space of time. How big is this attraction, what technology would it use, and how would we physically move guests from a city run to a rocket on Prison Island to a space colony? Would a simulator work better than a dark ride?

I don't think the land can be enormous enough to mix Green Hill Zone, Mystic Ruins, and Station Square in one place, especially since we have a limited budget and room. If we were to go with Chaos Control, I'd cut the city run, set it in Eggman's base, and begin with the rocket launch and go into space straight away. That way it feels more fast-paced right off the bat. I am a little apprehensive about Eggman kidnapping Shadow (it is Shadow after all), but this is a theme park ride and such things can be done for new audiences.
Yep. We can cut the city portion. Preshow can be the rocket launch from Prison Island. Most of the ride would take place on the Space Colony Ark.

Evilgidgit

Yep. We can cut the city portion. Preshow can be the rocket launch from Prison Island. Most of the ride would take place on the Space Colony Ark.

Might I suggest changing Prison Island to Eggman's base to steal the rocket. Works a little more thematically with the rest of the land.

For the Spin Dash ride through Green Hill Zone, I imagined it being based on this cool coaster design. Two riders would be playing the role of Sonic, spindashing through the loop-da-loops and hills, with the rest of the coaster vehicles acting like the "tail" of his speed.

I intend on doing a full write up for Fabled Forest. Who'd like to do the rest of Sonic's Spin Zone (or Speed Zone)?

Evilgidgit

I think you have too many attractions for a realistic budget. Maybe we can cut down on some things just to make it more realistic

Fair dos. The BFG area can be cut. That leaves five attractions for the Fabled Forest, and three for Sonic.
-Peter Rabbit dark ride, Jeremy Fisher Aquatopia-style ride, Matilda ride, Giant Peach walkthrough, Narnia boat ride.
-Sonic coaster, Tails' spinner, Shadow rescue attraction.

NateD1226

Original Poster
Hey y'all! Just wanted to let you know that presentation is going to be like a trip report. It is basically gonna be about us traveling as group to Europe and go see all the parks and what is new they have to offer. So when doing your writeups, make it like you were experiencing it and you were there looking at it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom