Savedisney.com

Tom

Beta Return
Originally posted by wdwmagic
A note from the SAVEDISNEY.COM Web Team:

Would you please help support Roy E. Disney and Stanley P. Gold in their efforts to preserve the legacy of The Walt Disney Company?

We ask you to visit http://www.SaveDisney.com and evaluate our site. We're certain you'll agree this is a worthwhile effort in preserving the integrity of the company that has entertained, enlightened and inspired so many of us over the years. Please register to "Join Our Fight." In this way, we will be able to contact you immediately with news, announcements, and calls-to-action.

SaveDisney.com has articles, links, and resources relevant to Families, Consumers, Employees, Shareholders, and about Walt's Vision-important information for everyone!

We all have a stake in Disney's future.

Bring back the Magic

For Future Generations!

Thank you for your assistance.

Sincerely,

The Save Disney Web Site Team.

I've got my Share of Disney Stock in hand and am ready to cast my vote - NO FOR #3!!!!

Steve4wdw

Got my stickers and got em up in the dorm and on my backpack! Seems no one in college really cares but I'm TRYING HERE! Anyone got any ideas what should be done up in Minnesota? I'll try my hardest!

Got my 1 share of stock ready to go...(this wont be a florida election where one vote didn't get counted :animwink: :hammer: )

luvJC4saken

Yeah, I definitely agree w/ Roy and Stan that the Company just isn't interested in creativity and innovation anymore, but if I may play Devil's Advocate here, I must side with Eisner when he accuses Roy of being a little vague w/ his plan to bring the magic back. It sounds like Roy's plan to bring back the Disney legacy is to "make it more creative?" What does that mean??

Ok, if I remember in his writing about his own "vision" for the Company on the SaveDisney.com website, Roy said he believed that the success/failure of the Company was directly related to the success/failure of their feature animated films. If the films are bad, the Company won't be successful.

I think I agree here. If Disney is going to turn itself around it's got to go back to its foundation of great animated films that are built upon great and I mean absolutely fantastic story lines, and then continues w/ talented artists who love what they do and simply work their butt off to make an outstanding feature film. I'm still a huge fan of The Lion King. The amount of solid hard work that went into that film I think is the biggest reason for its success. A lot of people blame the recent interest in Computer Animated films on Disney's lack of animation success.

Sadly, though, I just don't think Disney puts the amount of work in on films like they did for The Lion King. Why go backwards?? Why not work as hard as you did for a previous film? Shouldn't you work harder to make the next film even better?

I know there's a lot more that goes into Disney than films, but let's be honest, that's what people go see. Not everyone is able to travel all the way to a theme park, and I know in my case, what originally even interested me in visiting WDW was my increased intrest in their animated films.

Sorry this is so long, but I'm curious. If YOU were to replace Eisner, how would YOU bring back the magic??

luvJC4saken

I agree with every point of what that article said except for the subpoint of stopping the development of E rides because these only attract an older crowd.

I disagree with this point and think it wouldn't be smart business for Disney to do something like that. Their parks are doing a fine job of making sure that there is something for everyone. I love Pirates of the Caribbean and Muppet 3-D, etc, because those are classics and fun. But I'd be disappointed if there was no more Dinosaur or Rockin' Roller Coaster.

Everything else with the article I agree 100 percent, and I'm glad they put that up because it's practical and concrete. Finally something more than just, "Our vision is to bring back the magic." What is that supposed to mean??

Heucofrank

I subscribed to savedisney last year. I've done my part in that I've had a proposal put on the Disney proxy for 2005 asking the board to set aside a seat for a member of the Disney family.

Thos of you who are wondering what you can do to help, consider voting for the proposal...and let Roy Disney know that you support the proposal.

I

I,Walt

Sailing Away

swrdfghtr said:
You know, just to playd evil's advocate (so please, easy on the flamethrowers), what have Roy and Stan done to preserve that legacy up to now?

In Walt's day, for example, park management worked IN the park, where they saw guests every day. One of the biggest driving factors behind the way Disney is now run is that front-line managers aren't on the front lines anymore, they're making decisions from the ivory "Team Disney" towers.

Roy and Stan have never gon on record as being particularly concerned with this, and they've had ample time - management was withdrawn from the parks early in Eisner's reign.

That's just ONE example of what's wrong with the company. I'm not saying Eisner's some angel come from heaven; his management style is confrontational and well-documented, and he's definitely made decisions that have been unpopular (with fans, at least). But, other than having the family name, what makes us think that Roy and Stan have got what it takes to save the day? I'm not being sarcastic or suggesting they don't, in fact, have "it" - I'm genuinely curious as the two were practically stealth boardmembers before they resigned.

If there's blame to be laid for the state of the company - and their assuredly IS blame - then there are plenty of feet in the entire Board to share that blame. And Roy and Stan were on that Board, too, and until fairly recently seemed fat dumb and happy with the way things were going. So what makes us all believe that they can, in fact, "Save Disney?" If Roy were given carte blanche by the Blue Fairy to fix the company, what specifically would he do (not what would YOU do... what would ROY do)?

Last time this happened, Roy hired Eisner to save the day. Obviously, that isn't going to work this time...
Roy Disney has done nothing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom