SaveDisney.com - Mr. Disney and Mr. Gold's New Web Site

Shaman

Originally posted by SirNim
Take a look at the source of the webpage... I believe that if you search around there, you'll come across a few tidbits o' info that all the more validate and verify this webpage's authenticity... It's legit. :lookaroun :)

If it is legit...I wonder how they'll use the site to make gains in their cause....the possiblities for its use are endless....

:)

NemoRocks78

Seized
I too question this site. It doesn't look that professional and is poorly done. And do you think Roy would do something like this? I don't think so. I mean, they list all these Disney sites, I don't think he'd do that either, even Jim Hill is listed. I'll still write an email, see if I get a response.

Sherm00

I too think it's legit. Together both Roy and Stan hold more stock in the company then eisner dose. They both have a loyal following in the company, and Roy only resigned because it was forced upon him. The website is only the start, so lets get out there and help them maybe we can get wdwmagic to hold a live webcast with roy or something, i don't know. but I am willing to give it a shot.

DisneyFan 2000

I wonder..........

If site is the real deal, it means people working high up at the disney company take notes from un-official sites such as WDWmagic!
I guess they added the sites for anyone interested in updates regarding the story... That would probably explain WDWmagic not on the list.... Steve hasn't updated news regarding this!

Well anyways, I sent Roy an e-mail! Didn't help too much but I showed my loyalty to him! (taking note that it may not be him) If he doesn't own the site he should think of adding one! This is a good idea! :sohappy:

CTXRover

Until a reputable paper prints that Roy has set up a site I am a little reserved to think its legit. If its not and I write an e-mail to Roy using the link, who knows who it is going to and that worries me a little. I don't know for sure who would be getting my e-mail address and although the site looks like it just wants to help, the last thing I need is some "stranger" getting my e-mail and sending viruses (I've had enough of them already :lol: ) If papers, such as USAToday, New York Times, Orlando Sentinel, etc. can publish and make note of Roy's letter he sent out through e-mail to Cast members, they surely might hear something from Roy himself about the legitimacy of the site such as "I have set up a site dedicated to fixing the Disney company". They've so far printed every other little detail, especially the Orlando Sentinel, so I think they would print something like this if it were true and they knew about it.

If someone can guide me to a paper that has an excerpt like that, I'd appreciate it. If I find anything like that, I'll post it here right away. But up to now all I have seen is links and mentioning of this site from Disney fan pages. That list of fan sites on "his" page at the bottom is what is really getting me. Some of them are mere speculation and rumor sites run by fans dealing mostly with theme parks. There is nothing wrong with them (I visit nearly everyone as it is throughout the week), but Roy had an admiration for animation, so why wouldn't he also want to link to sites dealing with Disney animation or animation in general, such as animated-news.com or other sites that deal with the many aspects of the company. I know Roy has to know how big Disney is and it isn't just theme parks. It just seems fishy to me. If it turns out to be real, I will be the first to write to Roy to show my support for his cause and how he can fix the site to make it more professional and useful for his cause.

ntoeman

This caught my eye....

When I was on the savedisney.com website and was looking at the various links, I clicked on the www.disneytribune.com and from there, when I clicked on their link to "the new disney/gold website" I was sent to
www.savedisney.com :veryconfu

CTXRover

Re: For CTXRover

Originally posted by colliera
OK, here you go. I'd quote it here but there is a copyright claim attached to it.

Find this article at:
http://money.cnn.com/2003/12/12/news/companies/disney_web.reut/

It is entitled: "Roy Disney starts anti-Eisner Web site
The nephew of the company's founder starts 'SaveDisney.com' after resigning from board.
December 12, 2003: 7:36 AM EST"

CNN's source was Reuters, Los Angeles.

Thanks a bunch! I really appreciate it! :) I too just noticed this and am currently writing my letter of support for Roy to him right now :sohappy: I feel bad ever doubting the site before, but it is never wrong to be cautious when it means giving out your e-mail account (as I've learned the hard way, unfortunately). I am glad to know that my kind words to Roy are now actually going to him and not just some other random person. Although, I'm also going to tell him my thoughts on the unprofessional look and content of his site so he can really get something rolling.

jcrb

Original Poster
Roy Disney launches Web site in anti-Eisner drive
Thursday December 11, 7:49 pm ET

LOS ANGELES, Dec 11 (Reuters) - Walt Disney Co.(NYSE:DIS - News) former board member Roy Disney has taken his case for ousting Chief Executive and Chairman Michael Eisner to the Internet with the launch of a Web site, www.savedisney.com.
ADVERTISEMENT

Roy Disney resigned just over a week ago from the board of the company his uncle Walt founded and was followed by ally Stanley Gold, who also stepped down from the board.

"I seek your support as we embark on this extremely important mission to restore the magic and wonder to The Walt Disney Company," Roy Disney wrote on the Web site, which launched early this week, spokesman Clifford Miller said.

Disney and Gold resigned in stinging letters criticizing Eisner's leadership and saying the Disney board had become a rubber stamp for Eisner. They published the letters on the Web site along with their e-mail addresses.

Collectively, the two men have received about 2,000 e-mails at the site, said Miller.

Wall Street so far has failed to visibly back Roy Disney, and Disney independent directors have called their quest "destructive," but Miller said large and small investors as well as Disney employees had sent messages of support.

DisneyFan 2000

The site has been updated again, this time with quotes from concerned fans / share holders! He has also taken off a bunch of site links that were there before!

tinkerbell2

I personally think that Roy should build his own Disney World. I mean he of all people would know how Disney parks should be! Should I tell him this or do you think he already is contemplating it? And I would be more than happy to be one of his imagineers!Anyone else?:veryconfu

General Grizz

Originally posted by tinkerbell2
I personally think that Roy should build his own Disney World. I mean he of all people would know how Disney parks should be! Should I tell him this or do you think he already is contemplating it? And I would be more than happy to be one of his imagineers!Anyone else?:veryconfu

Not going to happen with all of the copyright issues.

goofyfan13

Originally posted by DisneyFan 2000
Has Roy replied to anyone yet?

I got a reply from Stan Gold today, here it is if anyone is interested.

Dear Supporter:

Thank you for your letter of support; both Roy and I deeply appreciate it.

The Walt Disney Company is important to all of us; it is more than a just

for-profit business; it's an American institution and deserves fresh, creative leadership to provide the quality products and services people have come to expect and future generations deserve.

Initially, ask your friends and supporters to register their letters of support; addressed to either roydisney@savedisney.com or stanleygold@savedisney.com.

Please stay in touch via our website - www.savedisney.com - and you can expect to begin to receive regular communications from us. Stay tuned!

Best regards,

Stanley Gold

:D Its kind of cool to see that they are working so hard on this and hopefully everything works out for the best.:D

Mr D

Roy sent me a reply thanking me for my support!
That really made my day...me an average person getting e-mail from Roy Disney!

Hopefully the cause is gathering steam and momentum, Eisner may be looking good what with the stock stable and revenue coming in (what else would he want:rolleyes: ) but things change and quickly, all it takes is an accident or an event such as 911 to disrupt his master plan.

Now that its been confirmed that the SaveDisney website is genuine perhaps we can show more support her at the boards? perhaps a dedicated forum?

just a thought...:animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom