Save the Adventurers Club

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I only went into the AC twice. The second time was about a month before it was announced it was closing. Easy to get a drink because there was no one ordering them and the performers had to repeatedly ask the audience not to say their lines before them.

I won't venture to ascribe my experience to the totality of it. It wasn't not fun, but there was a weird vibe in there. I still don't know if it was the place overall or the playful/tense interaction between the cast and performers.

It would be interesting to see the concept repeated but somehow mitigate the cult following.
There is no question that the place changed towards the end. The wife and I made our last visit about 2 months before the doors closed and noticed it then. We had plans on being there for the last night, but elected to remember the club for what it had been vs what it had become due to so many trying to suck the marrow from the bones.

I have said this from the day the closure was announced....make an AC dinner show similar to Hoop de Do and Aloha at AKL. I for one would gladly drop $60 a person for a Boma style meal and the chance to watch adventurers compete for the Balderdash Cup once again.

DavidS1234

I only went into the AC twice. The second time was about a month before it was announced it was closing. Easy to get a drink because there was no one ordering them and the performers had to repeatedly ask the audience not to say their lines before them.

I won't venture to ascribe my experience to the totality of it. It wasn't not fun, but there was a weird vibe in there. I still don't know if it was the place overall or the playful/tense interaction between the cast and performers.

It would be interesting to see the concept repeated but somehow mitigate the cult following.

Yeah, that awkward vibe was only at the end. In it's heyday, the AC was a hoppin' joint, full of fun guests and enthusiastic CM's. It always had an oddball vibe, but that's the way it was designed....and that was it's charm. :)

Master Gracey

Original Poster
Happy 28th birthday to 5189 Hill St. Lake Buena Vista, FL, also known as, Merriweather Adam Pleasure's earthbound treehouse, the Adventurers Club! May you find your way back into physical existence someday soon...

Kungaloosh!​

18209146_819853186667_5078201459014492142_o_zpsmiwim8nr.jpg

NearTheEars

If it was towards the end of the run then that shouldn't have been a problem.

Most of the folks there quoting the lines back to the performers weren't dressed for a club either.

That sounds delightful. Much like the folks quoting the tram spiel, monorail spiel, POTC, ToT........ ruins it for first timers. Of course I'm often saying the stuff in my head.

jakeman

That sounds delightful. Much like the folks quoting the tram spiel, monorail spiel, POTC, ToT........ ruins it for first timers. Of course I'm often saying the stuff in my head.
It was interesting. I think I said this the last time the tread popped up but there was this weird tension between the performers and what I would assume were regulars. It wasn't not fun, but there were points where it got a little tense/awkward when lines were said by the guest and not the performers.

Of course that was just a few months before it closed, so perhaps what I experienced was the exception and not the rule.

bjlc57

I am glad that this comes back.. it tells DISNEY that they made a MISTAKE.. because of the interest in the club..A BIG MISTAKE..

Phil12

I am glad that this comes back.. it tells DISNEY that they made a MISTAKE.. because of the interest in the club..A BIG MISTAKE..
Disney has already admitted that they made a mistake. They corrected the mistake by closing the Adventurers Club.

asianway

It was interesting. I think I said this the last time the tread popped up but there was this weird tension between the performers and what I would assume were regulars. It wasn't not fun, but there were points where it got a little tense/awkward when lines were said by the guest and not the performers.

Of course that was just a few months before it closed, so perhaps what I experienced was the exception and not the rule.
It did get much worse at the end, but I am almost glad it closed now. I cant imagine what it would have devolved to by now.

Bocabear

I think they would have freshened up the shows, added new dialogue, and the place would still be a huge hit...probably even bigger than it ever was...By now they probably would have had a whole other set of entertainment on the upper level and an expansion.

G00fyDad

As much as I detested everything about PI and the people (although few) that I witnessed staggering around there after getting drunk (The designation "PI" never seemed more appropriate then) I would completely love the idea of AC staying. I never really noticed anything negative about this place and it seemed like a fun place to go. I'd really like to see Disney recreate this in Animal Kingdom somewhere.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom