Save the Adventurers Club

71jason

So is rum for Kungalooshes.:lookaroun

Eh, at Sam's it's $20 for a "40-pack". As Capt. Michael can attest, the hard part is finding blackberry brandy.

Update on the Club--most everything is gone. However Zeus, Babs and the Yakoose remain, for the moment.

Last night, a very cold Friday in the semi-off season (Canadian Spring Break, I think, but that's about it), no fewer than five couples/families approached me, my security guard friend, or my bartender friend to ask "when will the clubs open?" Four of them specifically mentioned the AdvClub--one called it "the greatest place on earth." I also saw four other groupings walk up to the door looking puzzled, or take pictures with the Sphynx. A year and a half after PI closed! If I was a Disney shareholder, I'd feel the need to address their squandering of such powerful good will/name recognition.

The first time you hear Corbin Bleu's "Time of Your Life" echoing off abandoned buildings, it's kind of creepy. By the fourth time, it's just annoying.

EPCOT Explorer

Eh, at Sam's it's $20 for a "40-pack". As Capt. Michael can attest, the hard part is finding blackberry brandy.

Update on the Club--most everything is gone. However Zeus, Babs and the Yakoose remain, for the moment.

Last night, a very cold Friday in the semi-off season (Canadian Spring Break, I think, but that's about it), no fewer than five couples/families approached me, my security guard friend, or my bartender friend to ask "when will the clubs open?" Four of them specifically mentioned the AdvClub--one called it "the greatest place on earth." I also saw four other groupings walk up to the door looking puzzled, or take pictures with the Sphynx. A year and a half after PI closed! If I was a Disney shareholder, I'd feel the need to address their squandering of such powerful good will/name recognition.

The first time you hear Corbin Bleu's "Time of Your Life" echoing off abandoned buildings, it's kind of creepy. By the fourth time, it's just annoying.
The hard part is also the legality of it all. For me, anyway.:lookaroun:lol:

Shame about the people asking about it.... But how can you not know at this point? I'm reminded of me walking up to a walled Horizons in 2000 and wondering what was up. :(

Corbin Blue makes me want to die. :lol:

71jason

Shame about the people asking about it.... But how can you not know at this point? I'm reminded of me walking up to a walled Horizons in 2000 and wondering what was up. :(

Again, it shows the power of the brand. Not everyone who visits WDW is a pin-trading, princess autograph-seeking fanboi who reads Disney message boards. Sure, the 600 or so most-hard core AdvClub fans were there closing night a year and a half ago, but what about the folks who wandered in back in 2007 and had the night of their lives, not even knowing what they were getting into?

Among casual Disney fans, the ones who only make it every few years, "Pleasure Island" (and yes, even "The Adventurers Club") still has a positive brand identity. Name recognition and good will toward a brand are both worth money--and TWDC has effectively flushed that money down the drain.

EPCOT Explorer

Again, it shows the power of the brand. Not everyone who visits WDW is a pin-trading, princess autograph-seeking fanboi who reads Disney message boards. Sure, the 600 or so most-hard core AdvClub fans were there closing night a year and a half ago, but what about the folks who wandered in back in 2007 and had the night of their lives, not even knowing what they were getting into?

Among casual Disney fans, the ones who only make it every few years, "Pleasure Island" (and yes, even "The Adventurers Club") still has a positive brand identity. Name recognition and good will toward a brand are both worth money--and TWDC has effectively flushed that money down the drain.

They don't know how successful they can be by being ORIGINAL.:brick:

I'm sorry, but the only word for that is stupidity.

MythBuster

They actually had plan for a new Adventurers Club in the Night Kingdom along with many other new things. So if they ever go ahead with Night Kingdom, then we may get the Adventurers Club back.

EPCOT Explorer

They actually had plan for a new Adventurers Club in the Night Kingdom along with many other new things. So if they ever go ahead with Night Kingdom, then we may get the Adventurers Club back.

Now that you've said that, I wonder how many people that vehemently opposed the Night Kingdom concept will suddenly call for it back. :lol::rolleyes:

I was opposed to it, too, even though some parts (like the AC) seemed nice. But a "boutique" experience that would have been highly costly, not open at day, and seemingly isolated? Doesn't seem Disney.

It could have worked as a land, though, very well, in DAK, however.

jt04

Now that you've said that, I wonder how many people that vehemently opposed the Night Kingdom concept will suddenly call for it back. :lol::rolleyes:

I was opposed to it, too, even though some parts (like the AC) seemed nice. But a "boutique" experience that would have been highly costly, not open at day, and seemingly isolated? Doesn't seem Disney.

It could have worked as a land, though, very well, in DAK, however.

I think the problem was it wasn't going to be isolated enough. Of course there was never an official announcement so we can't assume it isn't still in development. My bet is that it is since no good ideas ever get scrapped and WDW really needs such an option IMO.

But yes, mixing the concept of NK with the AC has amazing possibilities.

EPCOT Explorer

I think the problem was it wasn't going to be isolated enough. Of course there was never an official announcement so we can't assume it isn't still in development. My bet is that it is since no good ideas ever get scrapped and WDW really needs such an option IMO.

But yes, mixing the concept of NK with the AC has amazing possibilities.

You want an isolated area, and an area that can easily support a Night Kingdom-esque setting?

....The existing Pleasure Island seems like it's begging for it.:brick:

jt04

You want an isolated area, and an area that can easily support a Night Kingdom-esque setting?

....The existing Pleasure Island seems like it's begging for it.:brick:

That might work but I think they would be better off carving out an isolated area. For instance beyond the AKL DVC or behind Coronado Springs. Which ties in with the AC themes far better than DTD.

Also, there is the possibility a proposed NK could be built on land that is otherwise unable to support few regular buildings.

*head explodes with ideas* :lol:

EPCOT Explorer

That might work but I think they would be better off carving out an isolated area. For instance beyond the AKL DVC or behind Coronado Springs. Which ties in with the AC themes far better than DTD.

Also, there is the possibility a proposed NK could be built on land that is otherwise unable to support few regular buildings.

*head explodes with ideas* :lol:
I know. The possibilities are endless. They just have to make it mesh with what exists....something I don't think the old ideas would have done. It was too exclusive in a sense.

CaptainMichael

And even harder to find: Blue Curacao

Tragic. Truly tragic. The Disney brand used to be based off of experiences like the Adventurers Club.

CaptainMichael

I would support it only if the Adventurers Club would be accessible as a separate entity on a nightly basis operating close to how it previously did.

Also, knowing what I know now, at least Night Kingdom would basically be a theme park for adults. The price would have to come down though.

Night Kingdom with a lower admission price and a rejuvenated Pleasure Island/Adventurers Club. Sign me up with my Wizarding World of Harry Potter Quill.:wave:

EPCOT Explorer

I would support it only if the Adventurers Club would be accessible as a separate entity on a nightly basis operating close to how it previously did.

Also, knowing what I know now, at least Night Kingdom would basically be a theme park for adults.
The price would have to come down though.

Night Kingdom with a lower admission price and a rejuvenated Pleasure Island/Adventurers Club. Sign me up with my Wizarding World of Harry Potter Quill.:wave:

It would basically would be a ticketed PI. :lol: Don't know if it would be JUST for adults, though, even I think that it a bit much. But I do think it would have been adult oriented.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom