Save the Adventurers Club

Lee

Adventurer
Seriously....
Somebody hook a brother up with a stool.:lol:

I'll pay for the stool and $10 for gas for whoever goes and snags me one.

Mr.EPCOT

A stool/chair will be mine, oh yes, it will be mine!
:xmas:

Whatever you say, Larfleeze! :p

MINE!!!!!!!!
2051.jpg

jt04

Just a little New Years present for all the fine AC fans out there...

http://jimhillmedia.com/default.aspx

I wish and thought they should keep the club even though it isn't my thing. However, I keep thinking this isn't the end. Perhaps just a long hiatus before the reuniting od the S.E.A.

Lee

Adventurer
The sheer incompetence that is currently running rampant at Disney is truly mind-boggling.
Fire all involved in this travesty.
Fire them all and let them live hungry, alone, and afraid in cardboard boxes in a ditch beside I-4.

Happy Freakin' New Year.:cry:

PhotoDave219

The sheer incompetence that is currently running rampant at Disney is truly mind-boggling.
Fire all involved in this travesty.
Fire them all and let them live hungry, alone, and afraid in cardboard boxes in a ditch beside I-4.

Happy Freakin' New Year.:cry:

Well under Kevin Lansberry's watch, we lost PI, had a multi-million dollar fatal monorail accident and countless cutbacks.

So naturally they promoted him to VP if DAK.

If i'm an elephant, I'm watching my ______.

puntagordabob

I keep getting notices in my Email because of the "Save The Adventurers Club" thread. I open them, expecting some new news, or at least some rumors or at least something of value pertaining to the subject. Instead I find that time and time again, it's just AC fans bumping the thread to keep it on the front page of the board. Whats up with this?

Discussion board moderaters aren't stupid. I imagine they can see this happening as well.

So It might be in your best interest to keep your conversations to news that's really pertinent to this subject or some day, you might find this thread relocated to chit chat, or worse yet, locked up completely.
I'm just sayin...

While the Adventurer's Club is not my "Holy Crusade" (for that its the "Lets bring the Disneyland Tiki Room show to WDW! :) ), I still totally 100% Approve of those who are doing anything and everything to keep their views on this out there... I hope they DO bring the Adventurer's Club back....or relocate it somewhere else on property...or worse case scenerio: create a truly better version of the club (not a cheap knock-off) somewhere from scratch at DTD.

You Folks keep bumping and bumping! I believe that Disney watches these "issues" and when it "lives" long enough they tend to try to address it IMHO.

PhotoDave219

Part of what made this club as successful as it was is the Cast. I don't think that you could recapture this magic without the unique group of talented comedians and actors that gave their all day in and day out.

71jason

Part of what made this club as successful as it was is the Cast. I don't think that you could recapture this magic without the unique group of talented comedians and actors that gave their all day in and day out.

Not to disparage the cast, but I respectfully disagree. Dozens of actors went through that Club in its two decades, and while some were better than others, all managed to make me laugh at some time. Sure it would strange to you and me if our favorite Hathaway or Sam wasn't there, but the new cast would be some new fan's first, and would quickly become their favorite.

The bigger problem is that a stand-alone Club isn't really the Club at all. The AdvClub was never Hoop de Doo or Blue Man Group. It was never meant to be an all-night destination (well, ignoring the final weeks, when things got weird). The fun was always the new guests who just wandered in and had no idea what they were getting into. They came in thinking it was a lounge, or even a museum, and would silently (or even vocally) goof on the people in the wacky outfits--only to slowly realize that the people in the wacky outfits were in on the joke, and goofing on them right back. The Babylona bit doesn't work if they bodyguard knows what she's going to ask him to do--Fletcher is funnier when he's ad-libbing with someone who still doesn't quite "get" it than when he's basically doing a character meet and greet.

A stand-alone Club would quickly be "Rocky Horrorized" in the way the real Club was in its final year or two. It needs a steady flow of club-hopping guests to wander in to keep everything fresh, and to provide fresh punchlines to the humor.

PhotoDave219

Not to disparage the cast, but I respectfully disagree. Dozens of actors went through that Club in its two decades, and while some were better than others, all managed to make me laugh at some time. Sure it would strange to you and me if our favorite Hathaway or Sam wasn't there, but the new cast would be some new fan's first, and would quickly become their favorite.

I think you disparaged the cast.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom