Save the Adventurers Club

bullsforthewin

There was always a weak reason for getting rid of the clubs at PI. The smart business decision would be to keep the clubs open as the generate revenue, since after people pay to get in, they will pay for drinks which boost their figures every year. But im not apart of TDO so what do i know? A great amount of quailty enertainment was lost with this as well.

you have to look at it with this point...you can keep a marginally profitable clubs that were consistently getting diminishing returns or you can try to do something new. I dont agree with the closing of Motions and 8 Trak since they were fun but you just have to live with it....I wish Disney would open up a Cheeseburger in Paradise but with Margaritiville in City Walk that would never happen.

NoChesterHester

you have to look at it with this point...you can keep a marginally profitable clubs that were consistently getting diminishing returns or you can try to do something new. I dont agree with the closing of Motions and 8 Trak since they were fun but you just have to live with it....I wish Disney would open up a Cheeseburger in Paradise but with Margaritiville in City Walk that would never happen.

Hopefully whatever goes back in has some originality to it. Nice outdoor 'lifestyle center' shopping areas are in a lot of cities now.

wdw71fan

Appreciate your insight. If it's not dead, why was it delayed? (They announced some plans in 2010 and began the conversion but then stopped everything.) And why are they so adamantly against returning a comedy club to the location and perhaps one money-making dance club?

Delayed doesn't mean dead.. having said that, certain people in Glendale would like to see the buildings all razed to start with a clean slate..

Moreover, there are plans (see: new ones) to further build out West Side past Cirque, but that would/will come after the PI improvements..

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Delayed doesn't mean dead.. having said that, certain people in Glendale would like to see the buildings all razed to start with a clean slate..

Moreover, there are plans (see: new ones) to further build out West Side past Cirque, but that would/will come after the PI improvements..

Well Glendale DOES have the final say so. If it was up to TDO the FLE would have NEVER happened.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
not that anyone cares, but I've also not heard anything at all lately about the AC type place going to Hong Kong Disneyland. I suppose that's dead also

MiklCraw4d

Appreciate your insight. If it's not dead, why was it delayed? (They announced some plans in 2010 and began the conversion but then stopped everything.) And why are they so adamantly against returning a comedy club to the location and perhaps one money-making dance club?

Because someone calling the shots finally accepted the fact that the announced plans were horrible. The delay is because no one has the stones to commit to a new plan.

There have been a lot of plans. Big plans, little plans. Plans with AC, plans without AC.

Problems being:

1) It will take money to do anything, either way
2) No one in management can make a decision, or is willing to stick their neck out

So new plans keep getting proposed, while they hem and haw.

Because someone calling the shots finally accepted the fact that the announced plans were horrible. The delay is because no one has the stones to commit to a new plan.

There have been a lot of plans. Big plans, little plans. Plans with AC, plans without AC.

Problems being:

1) It will take money to do anything, either way
2) No one in management can make a decision, or is willing to stick their neck out

So new plans keep getting proposed, while they hem and haw.
Exactly, that is the main problem surrounding the AC and the clubs in general. Management can never come to a compelete decision, or when there is they never go through with it due to the projected cost. What they still haven't grasped is that you have to spend money to make money. The clubs who give them the proper return for their investment.

71jason

You're in luck, I'm a total Little Mermaid mark. Voted.

(There's also a Save the Adventurers Club on Facebook with over 2,000 members...hint, hint)

Bunni

Oh well looks like I got moded :( Thanks for the support though! I have hit up that group as well, Let's hope there are some mermaid fans amongst them as well!!
xxxx

Did Knee

There are a couple of new entries on the save pleasure island blog. One discusses how new permits for Flamingo Crossings ban bars, therefore ending speculation that it may be made into PI 2.0. The post just before it quotes this thread and gives a pretty good synopsis of what is really known at this point. Not really anything new regarding the future of the AC, but a couple of interesting blog entries nonetheless.

71jason

There are a couple of new entries on the save pleasure island blog. One discusses how new permits for Flamingo Crossings ban bars, therefore ending speculation that it may be made into PI 2.0.

I think the idea of FC as "PI 2.0" was a bit of crossed wires. Everything ever released about it indicated it was basically "Crossroads 2.0." Third party lessees, "outside the gates" from a typical perspective.

That said, around the time PI closed, there were rumors of four separate "mini PIs" tied to each of the four parks. I think rumors of the AK version--maybe the first to be built as a test run? or as a compliment to Night Kingdom?--got mixed up with FC and started that whole meme.

BTW, haven't seen anything on that four mini PI plan in years, but if any insiders want to share what might have been, I've always been curious what the blue sky plans were.

I think the idea of FC as "PI 2.0" was a bit of crossed wires. Everything ever released about it indicated it was basically "Crossroads 2.0." Third party lessees, "outside the gates" from a typical perspective.

That said, around the time PI closed, there were rumors of four separate "mini PIs" tied to each of the four parks. I think rumors of the AK version--maybe the first to be built as a test run? or as a compliment to Night Kingdom?--got mixed up with FC and started that whole meme.

BTW, haven't seen anything on that four mini PI plan in years, but if any insiders want to share what might have been, I've always been curious what the blue sky plans were.
thinking more like a dinner theatre somewhere on Disney property....

71jason

Have never heard of that and would seem to be an expensive idea. Not very many people would want to pay to park to go to night clubs and restaurants.

Doesn't seem to have hurt CityWalk or downtown Orlando.

For the record, not sure you would've paid to park. Weren't in the parks, from what I gathered, so much as tied to them somehow. May have had separate parking lots, or maybe WDW would have quit charging after, say, 8 (which is common now). But again, I have very, very little detail on this. "Another Voice"--the Spirit of his day--mentioned it, a couple insiders confirmed they'd heard it was on the table but had no real info. I just noticed soon after people began calling FC the "new PI." All theoretical now anyway.

Master Gracey

Original Poster
Oh if only these two comments about Obama's current visit to Walt Disney World on the Save the Adventurers Club Facebook group were true.

If only Obama would tell Disney while at WDW that Pleasure Island is a terrible thing to waste—reopen it and rehire PI Cast Members!

President Obama is coming to the Magic Kingdom to talk about a Tourism plan. His plan? To bring back the Adventurers Club. Last election, he ran on "Hope." This time around? "Hoopla."

http://www.facebook.com/groups/17614776169/?notif_t=group_activity

Some days you eat the mouse.
Some days the mouse eats you.
But the Club still stands and hope remains!

KUNGALOOSH!​

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom