Saratoga Springs

pcarathers

We are staying at Saratoga Springs in December, does anyone know what is the best section to ask for when checking in? We would like a water view of Downtown Disney, but also one that is first stops on the bus loop...any suggestions on which section to pick.....we;ve seen a couple of different views on this subject...

Yankeeplex

We are also staying @ Saratoga Springs in December...We stayed there last year and got a building near the back of the property that looked out over the lake between DD and Saratoga. I don't remember the number of the building, but if you have a map, it was the perfect location. It was just west of the launch for the ferry.

Upvote 0

Cubs Brian

We stayed there in Feb. andhad room#2518, it had on ok view of DD,but it was on the first floor.2nd or 3rd floors would have been better.I cannot remember what sectionit was but I believe we were the 2nd stop.:shrug:Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Upvote 0

Yankeeplex

Now that I think of it, we had rooms starting with the number 25** but we had the top floor. Great view and far enough away from the ferry that it was still quiet. :king:

Upvote 0

yankspy

There is a map on this site. Do keep in mind that the closer you are to DTD the further you tend to be from the main building. I would agree though that Congress park has good views.

Upvote 0

SeabeeSparky

Congress Park is a great section if you want to be close to DTD. It has it's own little pool that is pretty nice. It is also not too far from the main pool and food court and spa. The Springs section is the closest to the main pool and food court. As far as the first bus stop, well, there are five total in SSR. It kinda depends on where the bus is coming from, or going to, as to which stop is first and last. Hope that helps. Oh, yeah, one more area that isn't too bad is the Paddock. I stayed there with my sons back in February and we were in the building right across the parking lot and road from Congress Park. It was almost like being in Congress Park.

Upvote 0

MickeyspalJim

Congress Park is a great section if you want to be close to DTD. It has it's own little pool that is pretty nice. It is also not too far from the main pool and food court and spa. The Springs section is the closest to the main pool and food court. As far as the first bus stop, well, there are five total in SSR. It kinda depends on where the bus is coming from, or going to, as to which stop is first and last. Hope that helps. Oh, yeah, one more area that isn't too bad is the Paddock. I stayed there with my sons back in February and we were in the building right across the parking lot and road from Congress Park. It was almost like being in Congress Park.
This is My opinion as well. We just stayed in room 1230 it was a second floor room with a view of the west side of DTD. No matter which bus stop, it goes quickly from stop to stop. We stayed at the springs and were close to the main pool, and places to eat, and if You walk to DTD. from there, its not really that long of a walk either.

Upvote 0

JerseySkiddie

We stayed in Congress Park (and I lived 2 blocks from the actual Congress Park my senior year of college) and it was a nice spot for a view of DTD and there were even some fireworks on the water there one night. but it was a little bit of a hike to the main building and you stop a few times on the way home at night before you get to the Congress Park stop. I liked Saratoga but that may have been since i went to school in the real Saratoga. That being said, the biggest issue i had with it was the size.

Have an awesome trip!

Upvote 0
You may have difficulty getting Congress Park, DVC members, whose home resort is SSR get an opportunity to request it first at 11 months. That location usually books up first.
But have no fear! We have stayed in every section of the resort, 11 times since it opened and we can give you some good advice. We'll be at SSR in June, September and December as well. We can help!

Give us some detail first, how many people, kids? Adults only?

Upvote 0

MinnieLee

We were there last week and stayed at Congress Park. It is a half mile to the main building but we had a view of DTD with a 10 minute walk over there. We were in the "25" building

Upvote 0

DVC Mike

My two favorite locations at SSR are Congress Park and the Grandstand, followed by the Springs. I don’t particularly care for the Paddock or the Carousel areas.

• Congress Park is right across from Downtown Disney and many rooms have great views of Downtown Disney right across the water.
  • The Grandstand has a nice feature pool. Some of the buildings are a short walk away from the Carriage House. Plus, the busses typically stop here first!
  • The Springs is closest to the main feature pool, the onsite spa and dining, but the busses are sometimes full by the time they get here, since it’s typically one of the last stops.
  • Paddock is more distant from everything and has a smaller quiet pool.
  • Carousel has no pool and is the most removed.

Upvote 0

shawn

Congress Park is really nice and we had last unit on first floor so we were literally seconds away from Downtown Disney and there is a real nice little playground but I believe it is last bus stop and it is a pretty good walk for breakfast each morning or to get to the main pool but I would stay there again

Upvote 0

pcarathers

Original Poster
You may have difficulty getting Congress Park, DVC members, whose home resort is SSR get an opportunity to request it first at 11 months. That location usually books up first.
But have no fear! We have stayed in every section of the resort, 11 times since it opened and we can give you some good advice. We'll be at SSR in June, September and December as well. We can help!

Give us some detail first, how many people, kids? Adults only?

There will be 3 adults, & 2 teenagers. Our main concern is dad will be in wheelchair, and we're worried about bus crowd, etc. ( we already know that they load the wheelchair bound first & then their family), but if we're in a section that picks up first, it would be easier.

Thanks everyone for your advice. You've helped a bunch!!!!!:wave:

Upvote 0

PhilharMagician

For a view of DTD you want Congress Park which would be buildings 1 - 4. My recommendation is for 1423 (closest walk to DTD) or 2423 (directly over the quite pool adn closer to main bldg) for a studio. This get you a clear view of the Market Place from the top floor center room. I am not sure what kind of room you will have.

Upvote 0
There will be 3 adults, & 2 teenagers. Our main concern is dad will be in wheelchair, and we're worried about bus crowd, etc. ( we already know that they load the wheelchair bound first & then their family), but if we're in a section that picks up first, it would be easier.

Thanks everyone for your advice. You've helped a bunch!!!!!:wave:

The first stop for the bus is the Grandstand, then the Carousel, the Paddock, Congress Park and finally the Springs. The only bus to occasionally differ is the DTD bus it may go to Congress Park first then the Springs, the Grandstand, the Carousel and the Paddock using the rear entrance/exit near DTD.

If your first concern is loading the bus with a wheelchair, then follow the bus route. If you want a view of the water and DTD, then you have to give up the early bus stop and go for Congress Park. (A few rooms in the Grandstand have a water view but it is through the trees across the golf course, and it is of the river, not of the lake in front of DTD.)

A nice trade-off would be the Paddock buildings closest to the Carousel. Those rooms of the Paddock are in buildings with rooms numbered 4501-4836 and 5101-5436, these give you a nice water-view of the interior of the resort. Plus you would be at the second bus stop.

I wouldn't concern myself with location based on getting around the resort itself, there are plenty of paved, wide, paths that would make it easy to get your dad around in his wheel chair. The location we mentioned also is within a short walk of the Paddock quiet pool and the main pool, High Rock Springs.

The walk to Downtown is a good distance from just about two-thirds of the resort, but a very nice walk through the landscaped, well-lit property, the teens would have no problems and neither should the adults. Pushing a wheel chair should be easy with the exception of a hill to get to the Carriage house, and near the crossover to the Congress Park area from the rest of the resort.

Avoid the boats from the resort to DTD, they are really only convenient if you are staying at the Grandstand or are coming from or going to the Carriage house, this is especially true with the wheel chair, because of the elevation and ease of coming and going to the dock.

Have a great time, we'll be there as well!

Upvote 0

pcarathers

Original Poster
NJDVCMEMBERS, you don't know how much you just helped us. Thanks so much for the detailed advice.

When we did AllStar Movies, it was awful dealing with the lines waiting to get on the bus, and then we come up with a wheelchair, and we get on first. We ended up putting some of our party in the main line, then whoever was pushing the wheelchair would just wait til we got up front. We just felt bad that we got priority over those who had been waiting.

Anyway, you really helped us make the decision of which section to request when we get there. I already made the note on our reservation regarding the wheelchair. Thanks again!!! :wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom