Saratoga Springs

dizneygeek

My husband and I are now proud members of the DVC. We just bought into it on Friday. We have watched the video and talked to the representative and decided that being a member would definitely benefit us so we joined. I'm so excited. I just wanted to know if anyone knows how far away Downtown Disney is from Saratoga Springs b/c the rep. said that there will be no sit-down restaurants at SS b/c DD is so close. She said there will be a place to order sandwiches and family style lasagne and such to take back to the room but no formal restaurants, which seems kinda weird. I thought that all deluxe resorts had a sitdown restaurant. I just thought that was different. Does anyone have any other info on SS. The rep said it is not finished so she could not give me details on number of pools or kids activities in case she was wrong. Also does anyone know how hard it is to book away from your home resort? Any info would be appreciated!

Donfan

Saratoga Springs is within walking distance of Downtown Disney. Booking away from your home resort is the same as booking your home resort except you can only do it nine months ahead instead of eleven months. All will be explained when you receive your DVC Guidebook.

Upvote 0

DisneyPhD

Congratulations and WELCOME HOME!:sohappy: :sohappy:

We own at VWL and have yet to stay there (we will this Jan 2004.) So far we have not had any problems booking at resorts other then our home one. We did want BCV and ended up on a wait list for it this Aug. We didn't want to wait, but changed to OKW because it was less points.

You are not limited to your home resort, but have better chances getting in there when you use the 11 month window. I normally book there just to be sure you get in, then changed at 7 months.

SSR is very close to DTD, I am little concerned about the noise coming from it. I am a little surpirzed that they aren't having any sit down places, but don't think that will be a problem. I wonder if they are doing this because OKW sit down isn't very busy since the whole resort is DVC and many people eat in the rooms. I wonder if they will make a deal with delivery from the DTD restrants.

We love DVC. Once again welcome home. Heres to the next 50 years of wonderful vacations.

If you haven't already check out www.disboards.com The DVC forem. There is hundreds of DVC members who are expects there, this helped me out a lot when we 1st joined.

Upvote 0
The Saratoga Springs resort will open in spring 2004 and will include the addition of 184 Disney Vacation Club ownership accommodations, a theme pool, playground and barbecue pavilion

that is what i could find on debs site. but what i know is if you are at downtown disney and look across the lake you can see the construction going on. so it is not far at all. i am willing to guess that there will be boat service to DTD sort of the same as OKW. i am really interested in what the barbecue pavilion will be like. anywho welcome home and congrats on dvc

Upvote 0

DisneyPhD

Originally posted by polyman 65
Here comes the next 50 years of maintenance fees ouch!:eek:

Actually maintenance fees are nothing, it is the inital buy in that is hurts, after that it is pretty pain free. Yes, you are paying something, but it is a fraction of paying for vacations each year.

If we would of bought when we 1st started going to WDW 7 years ago we would of saved a ton of money buy now. Oh well, we were still in college and way to poor then!

Upvote 0

Disneyfalcon

We saw Saratoga Springs last week from Downtown Disney. It looks beautiful.
We were wondering, can you actually walk to Downtown Disney? The Disney website says there will be boat shuttles, but we were wondering if there is a bridge or a way around the lake that wouldn't take to long?
Just curious!

Upvote 0
Originally posted by polyman 65
Here comes the next 50 years of maintenance fees ouch!:eek:

i think this must pertain to you because i dont mind paying them. them money we save in staying at a dvc home away from home is well worth it for us.

DVC either works for you or not. there is no really happy medium. i bought in when i was 24 after i went to wdw 2 times with my soon to be wife. we both love disney so it was a money saver for us.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom