Saratoga Springs bussing. any help?

dandlewood

I've read that Saratoga Springs is pretty nice as a resort, but the bussing to the parks is pretty tragic. Anyone have any idea what I'm looking at for wait times (trip leaving tomorrow till Monday). Anyone have any ideas or workarounds? I'm going with my parents who are in their late 60's and I don't like them standinging around too long.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
No workaround that I'm aware of for the parks. I'd be surprised if SS has poor bus service, given the size of the resort. Size is the prime determinant in how often the buses run. Perhaps the reports you heard were from earlier periods when less of SS was open, and the resort was therefore smaller. If not, just let your parents sit while waiting for the bus and keep your fingers crossed that the wait isn't too bad.

Depending upon where in SS you are staying, you may have an interesting opportunity to get a shorter trip from your resort to another than is usually afforded. If you are staying at the east end of SS, you'll be close (5 minute walk or so) to the bus stop for the DTD Marketplace, where you can catch a bus to any other resort hotel, eliminating the need to take two buses to go from resort to resort.

Upvote 0

dandlewood

Original Poster
I've heard the issue with the saratoga springs busses actually has to do with its size. That since it has 5 bus stops, it can take over an hour to get to the park

Upvote 0

Rhuarac

The last time we stayed, October 06, (before they opened the final bus stop) the longest we waited for the bus was around 30 minutes. If you get on at the first stop it takes about 10 minutes to get around to all the stops. Then the trip to Magic Kingdom 10-15 minutes. It's all about timing. If you get to the stop just after the MK bus leaves then you might have to wait longer than if you time it right and get there 2 minutes before it comes. It's all about timing. Once you get on It's just the stops then to the park.

Upvote 0

littlered

Ah, so you need to figure out which bus stop is last, and go there!

I am not sure this really works, I learned on our last trip that depending on where the bus is coming from it stops at different stops first.

we were there in October and did not have any trouble with the buses. They seemed to come pretty regular.

our stop was the paddock stop.

Have fun.

Upvote 0

dvcnut39

We stayed at SSR 3-11DEC05. The wait times for the buses usually ran up to 20 minutes. The only time that we had to wait or stand was our last night. It was a Saturday night and the crowds were all going to party at DTD. Hopefully this helps.

Upvote 0

JML42691

In August '07 the average wait time was about 5-15 minutes (but we waited once for about 45-50 minutes), it takes about 5 minutes to get out of the resort, and then depending on which park we were going to could be about 10-20 minutes. So on overage it took about 20-45 minutes from room to park (our stop was the Carousal). So overall it was poor bus service time wise and we would consider this as a factor before staying there again (and that 45 minute wait was just plain awful).

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom