Saratoga Spa

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I was told by Grand Floridian spa staff that the Saratoga spa is never re-opening. It has been torn out and converted to DVC offices. Such a shame, I loved using that spa.
I really hope this isn't true. We loved that spa, and prior to COVID, it was always our first day stop. We don't care for the one at GF, so if this is true, they've lost out on several hundred dollars from us.

nicb88

That is such a shame and really diminishes the attractiveness of the resort for me. What it lacked for in location for the parks it made up somewhat for in the lovely spa!

nickys

Premium Member
I’m pretty sure our dues went into the spa and if Disney removed a resort amenities I would think our due’s would drop
shame they keep taking away and not enhancing experience
agree with previous poster will need to change name
Someone else told me the Spa was owned and operated by a third party, which is why they can close it according to the POS.

The gym is Disney owned so dues would cover some of that cost. But the gym is staying open.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Someone else told me the Spa was owned and operated by a third party, which is why they can close it according to the POS.

The gym is Disney owned so dues would cover some of that cost. But the gym is staying open.
I was told that the spa was run by Niki Bryan and not Disney.

ETA: Ok, I found an article that stated Disney took over control in 2012, so if it was kept up with our dues, I expect a reduction.

Last edited:

nickys

Premium Member
I was told that the spa was run by Niki Bryan and not Disney.

ETA: Ok, I found an article that stated Disney took over control in 2012, so if it was kept up with our dues, I expect a reduction.
Can you link the article? Or was it in Disney Files or somewhere?

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Can you link the article? Or was it in Disney Files or somewhere?
I found it on DVC News.

JaxFLBear

I’m pretty sure our dues went into the spa and if Disney removed a resort amenities I would think our due’s would drop
shame they keep taking away and not enhancing experience
agree with previous poster will need to change name
Just like with resort stores and restaurants, dues are not used to fund the spa. It would be defined as a commercial space and continued availability is not guaranteed by the POS.

nickys

Premium Member
I found it on DVC News.

Thanks.

So if it was managed in-house they really should have told members. And there’s the annual dues question too.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Just so everyone understands, the new head of DVC, Bill Diercksen, is nothing but a finance guy. Has been with Disney for 20 years, and all in finance positions. His piece on LinkedIn mentions that he is passionate about DVC and absolutely dedicated to delivering the most magical Member and Guest experiences. I guess the spa wasn't magical enough for us, so away it goes. I wonder what's next on his "get rid of nice things" agenda.

Naplesgolfer

Original Poster
Just so everyone understands, the new head of DVC, Bill Diercksen, is nothing but a finance guy. Has been with Disney for 20 years, and all in finance positions. His piece on LinkedIn mentions that he is passionate about DVC and absolutely dedicated to delivering the most magical Member and Guest experiences. I guess the spa wasn't magical enough for us, so away it goes. I wonder what's next on his "get rid of nice things" agenda.
This spa was always booked solid. I don't own at Saratoga , but frequently used the spa. I really don't understand the thinking of removing this amenity from the largest DVC resort. We should all call and tell them to change the name!!

castlecake2.0

I wonder if there’s a disconnect somewhere? Was the spa ripped out and replaced with cubicles, or are they using the spa space for offices right now? The DVC building in Celebration still hasn’t reopened, maybe they needed some extra space and are using spa space for now, like how Columbia Harbour House was a break room for a while during covid. I’m going to say this is a miscommunication driven rumour for now.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I wonder if there’s a disconnect somewhere? Was the spa ripped out and replaced with cubicles, or are they using the spa space for offices right now? The DVC building in Celebration still hasn’t reopened, maybe they needed some extra space and are using spa space for now, like how Columbia Harbour House was a break room for a while during covid. I’m going to say this is a miscommunication driven rumour for now.
When I talked with my guide, he said the spa has been ripped out and replaced with office cubicles for DVC sales staff. I would hope he knows, since he works at SSR.

castlecake2.0

When I talked with my guide, he said the spa has been ripped out and replaced with office cubicles for DVC sales staff. I would hope he knows, since he works at SSR.
Cast members are known to embellish, and I feel like we would have noticed this happening if it was all ripped out. I’m at Saratoga at least once a week and haven’t seen any construction indicating that the spa has been gutted. @danlb_2000 have you seen any permits?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom