Saratoga Question

PoohsGang

Original Poster
How far or long of a walk is it from Congress Park area to the food court area?

We were thinking of requesting Congress Park for shorter distance to downtown Disney but no wonder how far we will be from Food court, Lounge area.......

Cubs Brian

The walk isn't too bad about 5-8 min depending on pace, but there really isn't a "food court" at SS. In the gift shop area there is a small counter service area that has a few (maybe3 or 4)platters for breakfast or dinner and some pre-packaged sandwiches, some pastries and snacks. But nothing like the food courts at the value or moderate resorts.

stingrock23

There definitely aren't as many options as some of the normal resorts. Although there are a decent number of things you can get to bring back and cook in your room.

MinnieLee

I clocked it last May and it was .5 mile from our room to the food court/gift shop. Not a bad walk timewise but not great when you are carrying your packages sent from the parks plus groceries.

BirdsOfPreyDave

It's about two blocks -- not a bad walk at all. As previously mentioned, Artist's Pallet has a better selection than the Marketplace at BCV. But if you're going to be walking anyway, you could also go to Downtown Disney. It's not much more of a walk from Congress Park and has many dining choices.

slappy magoo

If you're staying at Congress Park, trust me on this...
Breakfast? No Artists' Palette.
Walk to DTD, have breakfast at Wolfgang Puck Express. Great omelette pockets in Puck's pizza dough, and awesome Corn Flake French Toast. And it's rarely as busy as the Artists' Palette. They also have great dinner platters; first time we stayed at SSR, there was one night my wife wasn't feeling well and just wanted an early night at home. I brought home a great lasagna meal and a rotisserie chicken dinner, we split each, they were awesome. I'd always recommend WPE over AP. It also (usually) represents a great value as a counter service meal on the dining plan (and it's half a "full-service" meal; you order your meal up front, but if you dine-in, they'll bring the food to you, offer to refill beverages, check in on you to make sure all is well...).

Also, unless you plan to spend lots of time at the main pool or eat many meals at AP (which is always crowded), think twice about refillable mugs. They're deceptively small, & they're no longer unique to each resort so it's not as much of a memento. You'll walk over for a refill, and drink it empty before you get back to your room.

Although I recently got a little heated defending SSR, I do think (and have said it in the past) that it needs more counter service options. It'd be great if, at the very least, there were mini convenience stores by the quiet pools, even if it were just prepackaged sandwiches and chips.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom