Sarah's Place/Nelson Park

TD Mickey

Original Poster
Hey does anyone know anything about these places. I am moving down middle to late january and having a hard time finding places to stay? Any help anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Lokheed

They are decent enough places. I live just around the corner at the Alexan, and I looked at those apartments last year when I was trying to find a place for my mom. There is a Winn-Dixie right next door, and of course the new Wal-Mart just down the street. There is also a ton of construction across the street from the Wal-Mart, with Cagan Crossing adding a whole new retail development. There will also be a new library branch built there I think next year.
The Four Corners area has been growing rapidly in the past year or so, and it doesn't look like it is going to slow down anytime soon.

TD Mickey

Original Poster
Lokheed, Thanks for the reply but I willing joining everyone over at the Alexan at Legacy Dunes. I am moving in january 23rd. I am very excited about living there after reading all the reviews of this place on this forum.

TD Mickey

Lokheed

The house is north of Colonial Drive and east of 535. Less than a mile from historic downtown Winter Garden. We are very thrilled to be moving there.

odisneyfan

hi, how do you find out any info about your complex im planning on moving next july or aug cant seem to find out to much on the alexan any info would help thanks

janet

TD Mickey

Original Poster
odisneyfan,
My best advice to you is once you have a date on when you want to move down there, start calling around. It was a long drawn out process because of moving from out of state. Also, the sooner you know the better of chance you have of getting into the place you want. I had a couple of apartment magazines. If you want i could send you some of them once i move in down there. It just helped flipping through the magazine instead of searching all over the web. If there is anything else feel free to ask because i have just gone through it.

TD Mickey

Greg34

Ever since the Alexan was sold about 8 months ago service has gone down and rent has gone up to much. I will not be renewing my lease at the alexan when it comes up.

mom2of2

Greg34 said:
Ever since the Alexan was sold about 8 months ago service has gone down and rent has gone up to much. I will not be renewing my lease at the alexan when it comes up.

Wow, really? I've only lived here since June but I really like it. Whenever I have had a problem, maintenance has been very prompt.

Lokheed....good luck to you!!

TD Mickey...WELCOME

TD Mickey

Original Poster
As for the prices going up..they are everywhere it seems to me. I have those magazines from last spring and they prices at every place have jumped incredibly from what is in those books. I choose the Alexan because I have heard many positive things about it and being 1200 miles away I didn't have the option to check out the place..so i went with what i heard to be a safe and nice place to live. And then after that I may choose otherwise but I am looking forward to living there.

My one question to all that live here. How long do you think it will take to drive from the alexan to john young pkwy and that are of kissimmee. I am transferring with my company and most of the stores are over in that area. Thanks for your help.

Also just wondering what are the water and electric bills like? Just a range. I will be living in a 1 bedroom.

mom2of2

It depends where on JYP you have to go and how you go sorry I can't be more specific.
As for the bills, water, sewer and trash together equal around $30 ish and the electric varies. I have a 2 bd and my electric has been from $70 up. I also have 4 pple so that's a factor as well. I haven't had the central on since October and I have yet to run the heat so that's all the info I can give you.

Greg34

mom2of2 said:
Wow, really? I've only lived here since June but I really like it. Whenever I have had a problem, maintenance has been very prompt.

Lokheed....good luck to you!!

TD Mickey...WELCOME

I have outstanding mait request that are months old. My neighbors who have been here for years have all said the same thing. Were all moving out at the end of leases.

There are only 2 people in maitance here that are capable of fixing the problem right the first time.

mom2of2

Greg34 said:
I have outstanding mait request that are months old. My neighbors who have been here for years have all said the same thing. Were all moving out at the end of leases.

There are only 2 people in maitance here that are capable of fixing the problem right the first time.

Sorry your having problems Greg, luckily we haven't, we will be moving at the end of our lease as well but only because we are buying a house. Good luck to you.

TD Mickey

Original Poster
do you guys have an idea of what it costs to end your lease early? I am just wondering, because if i am farther away from work than what i would prefer i would look at ending it early to find a place that would be closer.

Lokheed

As it so happens, I know *exactly* what it costs to break your lease early. We are in the process of breaking our lease because we are buying a house. There is a cancellation fee equal to one month's rent, and then you also have to pay back any concessions you received when you signed your lease. In other words, if you got something like half off your first month's rent or a discount spread across the life of your lease, you have to repay that.

odisneyfan

where to live

hi me again still looking for a apt. are the alexan at legacy dunes and the alexan at world gateway close to each other which one would you choose any one have any info or e-mail address where i could reach them which high school is near by i know too many questions sorry thanks in advance

janet:veryconfu

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom