Sanity Check

koppite_rob

As posted previously this year I'm going to Florida with small people in tow,age 9 & 11.
Generally previous trips have involved maximizing park visits to extended opening hours days and being a serious park pounder & coaster junkie.

Being less experienced with childrens stamina & appetite,Im not sure if I'm being over optimistic with the holiday plan.I've tried to cut up the high energy days with pool & shopping days,but I'd be greatful of the views of the experienced & knowledegable members of this forum.

Sun 02/11 Arrive
Mon 03/11 MK
Tue 04/11 EPCOT
Wed 05/11 Sea World
Thu 06/11 Blizz Beach
Fri 07/11 Florida Mall
Sat 08/11 Universal
Sun 09/11 AK
Mon 10/11 Busch Gdns
Tue 11/11 Clearwater
Wed 12/11 Aquatica
Thu 13/11 DHS
Fri 14/11 Premium Outlets
Sat 15/11 Kennedy
Sun 16/11 IOA
Mon 17/11 Gatorland
Tue 18/11 Universal/IOA
Wed 19/11
Thu 20/11 EPCOT/DHS
Fri 21/11
Sat 22/11 MK
Sun 23/11 Downtown Dis/Leave
Mon 24/11 Home

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
On our first trip ours were younger and managed that sort of schedule plus they went to a couple of dinner shows. my parents on the otherhand required 2 rest days by the pool and they kept the 2 year old who also survived the rigours, as we let her sleep in the stroller and used the kid swaps.

Upvote 0

DABIGCHEEZ

Well.... you certainly have plenty of time. Our kids are 3,8, and 9. We try not to schedule long day/late night parks days before a day we have to get an early start to go to say Busch Gardens or somewhere else.

I would suggest you might want to change it up a bit or save some side trips for next trip and enjoy a late start or laid back day at the pool or renting a jet boat. As a suggestion.... Since BB isn't a late day... follow it by a park day(or side trip) and use the Florida Mall to break up 2 busy park days(Uni-AK-BG-Clearwater-Aquatica). Having a late day at Busch followed by a early day to leave for Clearwater... followed by Aquatica seem a bit much ... for my family anyways. Having a relax / breather day between parks can only be a good thing IMHO. Slow things down and relax a bit... you are on VACATION... Try to relax some!!!

Hope this helps.:wave:

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

We did three weeks in August 06 and basically did one park per day for two days. Day three was then a rest from the parks which meant a water park, SeaWorld or a Mall. We then started the cycle again with two more days at the parks.
My kids are older than yours and we found the pace to be more relaxing and the holiday more enjoyable.
If you're wanting to do all that you've listed I would try and include a couple of more "rest" days and consider cutting out some of the travelling - otherwise I can see a couple of very tired kids towards the end of your trip and not enjoying it as they should

Upvote 0

kstella

The first time I took my kids they were 9 & 12. They were able to go all day, go on everything, and they understood the concept of cooperation. Make sure that they get a good night of sleep, plenty of water, and at least one good meal a day and all should be fine.:)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom