Sanaa or jiko

bgoebel

Original Poster
Looking to try something new for dinner in animal kingdom area! Do you prefer jiko or Sanaa ? I've looked at menus for both and I know jiko is priced higher per plate so if we decide against dining plan (since now at price it's not as good of a deal) it may become a factor but both sound so good and like such unique experiences

Sweet Melissa

Jiko is my favorite Disney World restaurant, but Sanaa is excellent too. Both have really unique menus and excellent wines. I think that Jiko is far more romantic, but Sanaa has its own good atmosphere too. Keep in mind that Jiko is a signature restaurant, so it requires two table service credits if you do purchase a dining plan. In that sense, it's actually a worse value than Sanaa.

real mad hatter

Depending on your tastes.Jiko is awesome,cuisine,ambience,wines,it's got the lot.However Sanaa is also awesome.I love Indian food and Sanaa had tandoori selections & various Indian breads.Do a lunch at Sanaa and a dinner at Jiko.:)

dreamfinder

Sanaa is more Indian, while Jiko has more African inspired flavors. I'd say Sanaa is a higher end local Indian restaurant (in terms of service, decor, etc) that seems to have food on the lighter end of the scale. Not so many curries, paneers, etc like a local Indian place would have. Jiko is higher end all the way, with a bit more delicate flavors. Both are great and you can't go wrong with either choice.

wiigirl

that is a hard decision, but i would say sanaa

Me too...Sanaa
75.gif

Ariel484

Jiko is my favorite Disney World restaurant, but Sanaa is excellent too. Both have really unique menus and excellent wines. I think that Jiko is far more romantic, but Sanaa has its own good atmosphere too. Keep in mind that Jiko is a signature restaurant, so it requires two table service credits if you do purchase a dining plan. In that sense, it's actually a worse value than Sanaa.

I probably could have written this post word-for-word. :) Echoing what was said here, Jiko is my favorite restaurant in Walt Disney World, but Sanaa is great too...definitely a hidden gem. At Sanaa there's a chance you'll get a table with a view of the Kidani savanna...Jiko's view is of their really pretty water feature that's outside of the resort (sort of on your way to the Mara/pool). Really they are both excellent, and I'd imagine it wouldn't be too difficult to get an ADR at either since they are at an out-of-the-way resort.

bgoebel

Original Poster
Wow what great info and descriptions of each! More then I got from menus too!! Thanks for insight on view. We have 3 children ages at trabel: dd (10) dd (7) and ds (2)so it's good to know there may be a view . Anyone have wine and beer Recs for myself and husband. Inline moscato type sweet wines and he's a dark beer or microbrew fan.

Ariel484

Wow what great info and descriptions of each! More then I got from menus too!! Thanks for insight on view. We have 3 children ages at trabel: dd (10) dd (7) and ds (2)so it's good to know there may be a view . Anyone have wine and beer Recs for myself and husband. Inline moscato type sweet wines and he's a dark beer or microbrew fan.

If the view is important to you at Sanaa, just know that it's possible you'll have to wait a bit to get it. I think I've read stories of people waiting an extra half hour or so to get a table with a savanna view.

plaz10

If the view is important to you at Sanaa, just know that it's possible you'll have to wait a bit to get it. I think I've read stories of people waiting an extra half hour or so to get a table with a savanna view.

When we went last week (Ugh...last week...meaning I'm not longer there! :() We changed our ADR from 7 to 5 because we wanted to make time for Fantasmic! Well there were about 10 tables being used in the whole restaurant. It was empty. They do fill the viewed seats first as we overheard a family w/no ADRs coming in and they had no wait and got a viewed table as well.

So it may help to eat earlier in the night to not have a long wait for a savannah table.

ALSO - I have had absolutely fabulous meals and service at Sanaa each trip. I highly recommend it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom