San Angel or L' Originale Alfredo di Roma Ristorante

brian9549

Original Poster
My wife and I are going for the first time in 3 years. Which is better San Angel or L' Originale Alfredo di Roma Ristorante for our first night at Epcot? We only have time to do one. Opinions? Thoughts greatly appreciated!

Brian

dxwwf3

Alfredo's all the way! Best lasagna I've ever had and the fettuccine is very unique as well. It is dry and very cheesy. Good stuff.

San Angel Inn has great chips and salsa though.

Number_6

I really like San Angel Inn and have eaten there several times. I've never eaten at Alfredo's, but that's only because I've had a few people that went seperate times and had terrible food and service. It's kinda kept me from trying it.

gatordoc

The atmosphere at San Angel is unsurpassed, and the food is not bad. Alfredo's food, well, it depends on what you are used to. If you like the Olive Garden :hurl: you'll probably like Alfredo's, but good Italian it is not. And the waiters have a tendency towards rudeness (much more so than at Chefs de France, interestingly enough).

sarajo

I prefer San Angel... the ambience is by far better than Alfredo's... and the food is great. Don't expect Tex-Mex though. We got some of our family to agree to go, and they were expecting Tex-Mex and were rather disappointed. It is more like authentic Mexican, but somewhat Americanized- just not Tex-Mex!

Alfredo's is good, but the atmosphere is less conducive to having a nice romantic dinner with your spouse. It was really noisy and crowded when my hubby and I ate there. San Angel is crowded, but with the lighting and all, it seems to make the crowd much more subdued.

ENJOY whichever choice you make!

meatloafsfan

I would go for Alfredo's - the whole experience there for us was supurb. It was good food, a great server and a pretty restaurant.Personally, I would not go to San Angel as I don't like eating in the dark and I find the idea of eating while strangers drift by in little boats unnerving.

weluvtink

gatordoc said:
The atmosphere at San Angel is unsurpassed, and the food is not bad. Alfredo's food, well, it depends on what you are used to. If you like the Olive Garden :hurl: you'll probably like Alfredo's, but good Italian it is not. And the waiters have a tendency towards rudeness (much more so than at Chefs de France, interestingly enough).
We had a rude waiter, but I think it was also due to the stress of also being Michael Eisners waiter as well. This was about two and half years ago. We haven't been back to Alfredos since.

We've been to both several times. San Angel Inn holds a special place in my heart. The atmosphere is so pretty for a really special dinner.

lawyergirl77

I would definitely pick San Angel over Alfredo's, if only for the atmosphere. Alfredo's was boring from start to finish, whereas I have had some wonderful meals at San Angel... in the past. We had a really teeny tiny table on our last visit and DH could barely fit his legs underneath. When we asked to wait for a new table, they basically told us we could eat there or leave. Or they studiously ignored us. The service the next time was no better, hence it is on our avoid list, for now.

That being said, the food at Alfredo's was nothing special, so I would be more willing to give San Angel a second chance, seeing as the problems we've had have been service and not food-related.

imagineer99

The food at Alfredo's is extraordinary in the fact that it is so ordinary. It's kinda' like the ruder and more expensive cousin of the Olive Garden. Maybe that adds to the authenticity. I'm not quite sure.

As for San Angel, I've always had a good time there. I genuinely enjoy the ambience. And, the food (while not mind-blowing) does the job quite well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom