Same Source Image Contest #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

no2apprentice

For those who haven't caught it yet, the Image 2 of the source pictures (shot of the buckets) was posted at 700 x 533. So, if you're using that shot as your base image, you'll need to trim it down to 700 x 525 for a legal entry.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Originally posted by SirNim
Here's mine....

Erm...

I hope I am within the legal limits...

If I'm breaking any rules, please tell me, and I'll fix it! :D

Here it is... :)

err... I don't see any of the 3 source images in it... nice Illustrator work though

mrtoad

Here's mine....

Erm...

You did use one of the images as reference so maybe MSU will say yes. Regardless, very nice work. Did you do it in illustrator? Very nice.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Originally posted by The_CEO
Nimmy get technical and get one pixel of ONE source image and use it. ;)

In the words of Darrel..

:rolleyes:

joefox97

And I'm back in the game!!! (movie quote... anyone catch the reference?)

Joe

P.S. It has convenient icon space! (sounds like a used car sales pitch!)

Attachments

• skyway.jpg
    skyway.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 136

BenS

Originally posted by no2apprentice
For those who haven't caught it yet, the Image 2 of the source pictures (shot of the buckets) was posted at 700 x 533. So, if you're using that shot as your base image, you'll need to trim it down to 700 x 525 for a legal entry.

Grumble grumble...

*loads photoshop*

SirNim

Originally posted by mkt
err... I don't see any of the 3 source images in it... nice Illustrator work though
I "recreated" the work with Photoshop...

I used the original pics as reference...

I thought it would be ok... eh?

MSU's quote:

If you so choose to recreate these pictures with your own artwork, you may. But you CANNOT use any other source images or pictures. Nor can you make up your own artwork without using these source images as reference.

I did that! :D

bamboo7

Here's mine....

Erm...

Nice Work!

meeko_33785

I "recreated" the work with Photoshop...

I used the original pics as reference...

I thought it would be ok... eh?

MSU's quote:

I did that! :D

SirNim- he also said:

Also, you DO NOT have to use all of the images, but you must use at least one.

I'm hoping it's not disqualified (I actually think it looks pretty good), but I guess we'll just have to see what MSU has to say.

SirNim

Originally posted by meeko_33785
I'm hoping it's not disqualified (I actually think it looks pretty good), but I guess we'll just have to see what MSU has to say.

Indeed, we'll have to go to Judge Zac on this one!

And if it's deemed to be illegal, I have an idea that will quickly and painlessly make it legal without detracting from what I have already done to it... ;)

mrtoad

Indeed, we'll have to go to Judge Zac on this one!

And if it's deemed to be illegal, I have an idea that will quickly and painlessly make it legal without detracting from what I have already done to it... ;)

I hope you don't have to change it. From the rules I think you are OK. Nice photoshopping work. Did you take any classes or do you just wing it?

SirNim

Originally posted by mrtoad
I hope you don't have to change it. From the rules I think you are OK. Nice photoshopping work. Did you take any classes or do you just wing it?
Thank you... I actually did take a Photoshop class (it was the week that Space Shuttle Columbia went down) for one week but it was not until the summer that I actually purchased Photoshop and started using it regularly... Most of the time I am "winging" it... Just exploring all the tools and such... You get used to it after a while... I think I understand it well enough now, but I'm constantly discovering new tools that I can use... :)

mrtoad

Thank you... I actually did take a Photoshop class (it was the week that Space Shuttle Columbia went down) for one week but it was not until the summer that I actually purchased Photoshop and started using it regularly... Most of the time I am "winging" it... Just exploring all the tools and such... You get used to it after a while... I think I understand it well enough now, but I'm constantly discovering new tools that I can use... :)

I love photoshop, though I am a novice. I started when my daughter was born, got a digital camera and photoshop. I just got the new version CS but have not installed it yet. If you are ever looking for good free actions and tips, go to www.dpreview.com Go to forums and select the retouching forum. I have gotten many a free action or help from the nice users there.

Main Street USA

Original Poster
SirNim's paper is 100% within the rules. He DID use at least one of the pictures. He simply chose to use it as reference.:)

SirNim

Originally posted by Main Street USA
SirNim's paper is 100% within the rules. He DID use at least one of the pictures. He simply chose to use it as reference.:)
Phew! :lol: :D

I thought so... ;) :lol: :)

disnyfan89

since this is a new type of contest does that mean that we will be seeing contest of attraction that we have already done in the wallpaper contest???

SirNim

Originally posted by disnyfan89
since this is a new type of contest does that mean that we will be seeing contest of attraction that we have already done in the wallpaper contest???
Hmm.. good point...

I just don't know... We did two TOT things - a poster and a wallpaper... This contest is still technically a wallpaper but it has different, more limiting rules...

I just don't know.. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom