Safe to go Early June?

Zayegrrl

In the Parks
No
I know nothing is definite, but I'm seeing a lot of estimates for a June 1st re-opening. Our trip is scheduled for 6th-12th. We haven't booked any Disney reservations because of what's going on, but we're trying to do this sooner than later. One major downside for our situation is that we're from the lovely (sarcasm intended) state of New York. Not in a hot-spot area like NYC, but right now the whole state is being shut down. Flights from NY to FL right now are stating that if we were to go down, we would need to quarantine for 14 days. That's just not feasible for us. We're playing this week-by-week essentially, I just don't know if we should pull the plug on the whole trip or not.

NelleBelle

I assume they would have to let annual passholders in as well, legally unless they refund them instead fully.
Couldn't the require magic bands for entry and keep track of info that way? A group could be staying in the room with them not all from the same place as the person who made the reservation.
You have to list everyone who is in the room on the reservation so when your MB is scanned, they can easily tell if you're an onsite vs offsite guest. So not sure how someone could by-pass that...

Upvote 0

DisneyDude

We were coming from England and booked with the Walt Disney Travel Company, we cancelled our trip today, we were due over there on June 12th for eight days at the Yacht & Beach. We got a full refund and the lady said the parks being open by mid June looked very optimistic. I think the fact you can cancel without any quibbling up to June 30 is a good indication of when the expect they parks to reopen. Even when they do eventually open I can see major restrictions on numbers allowed at a specific location. My guess is things wont be back to normal for at least twelve months.

Upvote 0

wendysue

@wendysue said it would cost her additional family member (1) $1000 for four-day tickets. I just don't see that.

Don't misconstrue -- I'm not supporting the current ticket price, but it's nowhere near $1000 for four days for 1 person.
You are correct...I apologize. My sister had given me this figure, but when I checked it was only about 500. The room only was 959.00 and it was, I think 1449.00 if she added tickets for 4 days.

Upvote 0

Tom P.

I assume they would have to let annual passholders in as well, legally unless they refund them instead fully.
Couldn't the require magic bands for entry and keep track of info that way? A group could be staying in the room with them not all from the same place as the person who made the reservation.
From a purely legal standpoint, I would think they could keep annual passholders out even after re-opening if they continued the current practice of extending the expiration date on the passes to make up for the lost days and also offering the option to cancel/be refunded for the unused portion.

From a guest satisfaction standpoint, however, I can definitely see AP holders being irritated if they are not allowed in once the parks re-open.

Upvote 0

disney4life2008

From a purely legal standpoint, I would think they could keep annual passholders out even after re-opening if they continued the current practice of extending the expiration date on the passes to make up for the lost days and also offering the option to cancel/be refunded for the unused portion.

From a guest satisfaction standpoint, however, I can definitely see AP holders being irritated if they are not allowed in once the parks re-open.

See and I think they need to keep the hotels closed and only allow locals. We will come and go.

Upvote 0

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
You are correct...I apologize. My sister had given me this figure, but when I checked it was only about 500. The room only was 959.00 and it was, I think 1449.00 if she added tickets for 4 days.
No apologies necessary -- but I think planning trips to WDW is challenging enough without inflating the already high ticket prices.

Upvote 0

Wendy Pleakley

Opening the parks exclusively to locals won't pay the bills. Opening to resort guests only makes the most sense because it will allow them to control numbers and those guests = revenue.

Upvote 0

Zayegrrl

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
April 23rd Update:

With many extensive changed and trying to figure out schedules, we rescheduled our trip for the last week of July-beginning of August. We're hoping by that point the parks may be open, even with limited access to things. Based on current things I've been reading and updates from my mom (She lives in FL), the state is looking to gradually open soon with test crowds of locals only for a while as they try more social distancing tactics implemented in Disney Shanghai. Once they get the clear it is safe to open for more guests the numbers will rise and obviously national visitors would come before international. Not sure when this will all go down, but worse comes worse, we may just skip disney all together and go to places like beaches or other tourist-y areas in florida where its safer to social distance.

Upvote 0

Lilofan

Opening the parks exclusively to locals won't pay the bills. Opening to resort guests only makes the most sense because it will allow them to control numbers and those guests = revenue.
If WDW takes the approach of resort guests only, the thousands of hotel rooms and dining options outside of WDW may not survive. Most guests on any given day stay off property.

Upvote 0

JillC LI

You couldnt get me on an airplane for free fare and a $1000 signing bonus until a year after they come up with a vaccine.
We just booked March 2021 and will be driving.
I agree about the airplane but wouldn't even book the parks until there is definitive word of a vaccine being available.

Upvote 0

JillC LI

You willing to wait a lifetime? No guarantee there will be one...
Yes I am. Without a vaccine or a treatment, I will not go again. I will not do a lot of things again. I have a compromised immune system, and I would rather (sadly) live without theme parks than possibly not live at all if that is my choice. Thankfully, the research is promising on a vaccine or treatment in the next year or two.

Upvote 0

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Yes I am. Without a vaccine or a treatment, I will not go again. I will not do a lot of things again. I have a compromised immune system, and I would rather (sadly) live without theme parks than possibly not live at all if that is my choice. Thankfully, the research is promising on a vaccine or treatment in the next year or two.
Well yes I can see where you are coming from now and that makes sense.

Upvote 0

Zayegrrl

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
July 20th Update:

Our jobs ended up calling us back and we were unable to take time off for July. We ended up taking an impromptu trip at the end of May before we went back to work. Not a lot was open in FL, but we were still able to see our family and enjoy some lesser known attractions down there. :) Disney/Universal trip has been rescheduled to end of October, assuming we don't need to quarantine for a month. Lol

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom