Safe to go Early June?

Zayegrrl

In the Parks
No
I know nothing is definite, but I'm seeing a lot of estimates for a June 1st re-opening. Our trip is scheduled for 6th-12th. We haven't booked any Disney reservations because of what's going on, but we're trying to do this sooner than later. One major downside for our situation is that we're from the lovely (sarcasm intended) state of New York. Not in a hot-spot area like NYC, but right now the whole state is being shut down. Flights from NY to FL right now are stating that if we were to go down, we would need to quarantine for 14 days. That's just not feasible for us. We're playing this week-by-week essentially, I just don't know if we should pull the plug on the whole trip or not.

Nottamus

We’ve had a two week November trip booked since Dec, and honestly ....I’m thinking there’s a chance THAT might not happen.
We already had to cancel our April trip this year.

IMO...the early summer will be strange if WDW opens...limited everything.

We are from NJ...southern part, not the harder hit north part...but still believe we would be turned away from driving into Florida

sorry for anyone who has to cancel, and looking forward to getting back to whatever normal is.

Upvote 0

Lilofan

We’ve had a two week November trip booked since Dec, and honestly ....I’m thinking there’s a chance THAT might not happen.

We are from NJ...southern part, not the harder hit north part...but still believe we would be turned away from driving into Florida

sorry for anyone who has to cancel, and looking forward to getting back to whatever normal is.
You should rent a car and request a rental with out of state plates. Easy peasy, then you won't get stopped at the FL/GA border.

Upvote 0

John park hopper

I don't believe you would be turned away, what Florida requires is you quarantine for 14 days

Upvote 0

CLEtoWDW

I would have no issue traveling in June IMO. I believe what we are going to find in the coming weeks is there is a profound amount of people that already have developed antibodies to the virus. This will drastically reduce the risk of community spread in the near future. Additionally, I remain in the belief that this virus will dissipate as we enter the summer months. I know there have been in cases in Florida (and it has been hot) but the community spread pales in comparison of those in colder weather climates.

Upvote 0

CLEtoWDW

I wouldn’t. Like all pandemics there will be a second wave. This won’t just go away once the country opens back up. I would for sure avoid places like Disney until a vaccine.
There are literally hundreds of viruses without a vaccine. Heck event the seasonal flu doesn’t have a vaccine that’s bulletproof. If this is your stance you may be waiting an incredibly long time to return to Disney. Therapeutics are much more likely so hopefully that will do for you.

Upvote 0

Herdman

I wouldn’t. Like all pandemics there will be a second wave. This won’t just go away once the country opens back up. I would for sure avoid places like Disney until a vaccine.
By the time the next wave hits in late fall/early winter the country will be much better prepared. The treatments will be better, and they will be able to isolate someone diagnosed much more quickly. Now, I don't think I would go in June, but September/October I don't think I'd hesitate to go.

Upvote 0

jaklgreen

Where I live, there is a relatively small amount of people who are sick. We believe that it has already made it's rounds starting in December. There were people that were getting sick with the same type of symptoms that was diagnosed as an "unknown virus". The experts are now saying that they believe that this is true and that it originally came in from Europe. I think that more people have already been exposed to it months ago and either had minor symptoms or none at all. By June, this should be cycled through enough for things to be getting back to normal. This whole lock down was to flatten the curve, not to wait for it to be abolished. We will all be isolated for 2 years if that is what everyone is waiting for by the time they get a vaccine and vaccinate every single person on the planet.

Upvote 0

Zayegrrl

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Hello everyone, OP here. Update/Background Info:

Fiancee is in college so rescheduling for the fall/winter is impossible and we both work in retail environments so it's a joke taking time off near holidays/school breaks.

Ive been talking with my mom (who lives in FL and we'll be staying with) and we may reschedule the trip for late june or possibly late July-early august. Shes gonna do some calling around to see if she can get some answers about possible openings or restrictions for those not from the NYC area. Just gotta wait and see at this point.

Upvote 0

Herdman

Hello everyone, OP here. Update/Background Info:

Fiancee is in college so rescheduling for the fall/winter is impossible and we both work in retail environments so it's a joke taking time off near holidays/school breaks.

Ive been talking with my mom (who lives in FL and we'll be staying with) and we may reschedule the trip for late june or possibly late July-early august. Shes gonna do some calling around to see if she can get some answers about possible openings or restrictions for those not from the NYC area. Just gotta wait and see at this point.
I've heard several "expert" opinions that when the parks open back up that the first visitors allowed in the parks may be resort guests so that Disney can better keep track of who's in the park numbers wise. I'm not so sure you'd be guaranteed to get in staying offsite if they are correct.

Upvote 0

Club Cooloholic

I've heard several "expert" opinions that when the parks open back up that the first visitors allowed in the parks may be resort guests so that Disney can better keep track of who's in the park numbers wise. I'm not so sure you'd be guaranteed to get in staying offsite if they are correct.
I assume they would have to let annual passholders in as well, legally unless they refund them instead fully.
Couldn't the require magic bands for entry and keep track of info that way? A group could be staying in the room with them not all from the same place as the person who made the reservation.

Upvote 0

disney4life2008

I assume they would have to let annual passholders in as well, legally unless they refund them instead fully.
Couldn't the require magic bands for entry and keep track of info that way? A group could be staying in the room with them not all from the same place as the person who made the reservation.

I can see resort guests only. But that would hip off every local. I think locals will get in first with Disney Springs. Then they will open magic Kingdom.

Upvote 0

Lilofan

I don't agree with resort guests only entry. Orlando is the tourism capital and many hotels/motels and restaurants, gift shops, timeshares in Central Florida live or die with Disney guests staying off property. When Disney is opens, a number of these off-site locations that employ thousands may not survive if Disney tests a " resort " guests only entrance. And for budget minded guests it's a no brainer to stay off property to stretch one's vacation dollars. One member posted that the room rate at Port Orleans in the fall was $361 per night. For that price and the accomodations, that's insanity.

Upvote 0

CLEtoWDW

I don't agree with resort guests only entry. Orlando is the tourism capital and many hotels/motels and restaurants, gift shops, timeshares in Central Florida live or die with Disney guests staying off property. When Disney is opens, a number of these off-site locations that employ thousands may not survive if Disney tests a " resort " guests only entrance. And for budget minded guests it's a no brainer to stay off property to stretch one's vacation dollars. One member posted that the room rate at Port Orleans in the fall was $361 per night. For that price and the accomodations, that's insanity.
I understand your viewpoint but Disney needs to accomplish two things upon reopening: 1) limit overcrowding and 2) maximize profitability. That is best accomplished by limiting parks to resort guests only for a period of time. It’s not Disney’s responsibility to ensure off site hotels survive.

Upvote 0

Herdman

Yes, I think that's way for Disney to re-coup some lost money as well as making it an incentive to stay on property. Now, I'm not sure how long that would last, but I think it could be for at least some period of time.

Upvote 0

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
We are still booked for July 1 - 6 and another family member wants to go, but when I checked prices, the room only is 959.00 before taxes. To add park tickets for her would be another $1,000 just for a 4 day - 1 park per day ticket. That is just stupid! We probably will just cancel June and August trips and let our AP's expire.
Where are you looking at ticket prices? Check this page... 4-park Magic, one visit to each park.
1586895035524.png

Even if you get a regular, any-park, any day ticket, it's still not $1000
1586895202191.png

Upvote 0

MissViv

I really don't think Disney will be open in June, maybe not even July. Some cruise lines have already said they would not resume until November.

This is going to last quite some time and if they start opening restaurants, shops, etc. in each state the virus numbers are going to rise.

And, what about the theory that there will be another round in the fall. Our governor in Tennessee says there will be some back to work May 1, but we will be practicing "social distancing" until a vaccine is available.

How could Disney possibly operate successfully using social distancing?

Upvote 0

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I think it was those amounts times 2... it’s the op and fiancé or whatever so option 2 would basically be $1000.
@wendysue said it would cost her additional family member (1) $1000 for four-day tickets. I just don't see that.

Don't misconstrue -- I'm not supporting the current ticket price, but it's nowhere near $1000 for four days for 1 person.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom