Safe Rides for Baby

jab300

We will be taking a 5month old to Disney this month. I was wondering, other than the rides with obvious restrictions, what rides are considered safe for such a young baby. I know Pirates has a little drop in the beginning and of course Aladdin and Dumbo are airborne-- so is Peter Pan to a degree. What have any of you with very young ones attempted?

yankspy

You won’t get any argument from me on any of those points. When you become a parent you can become jaded to the gross and annoying things that come along with a child but I have the common sense to realize that not everyone can do that and it would be incredibly rude and disrespectful to those around me to think otherwise. So when my child needed changing I took them to the bathroom when they were throwing a fit in a public place I removed them as a courtesy to others. It is also the reason I don’t take them to PI. Even though all 3 of my daughters would love AC I have respect for those adults that are trying to enjoy an adult atmosphere and don’t take them. On each of their 18th birthdays they will get to go to PI and not until then.
I did not realize how old this thread was until I read this post. I guess you will be taking your daughters to Citywalk Richard.:lol:

Upvote 0

CaptainJackNO

Anything without posted warning signs. My six month old rode POTC, HM, everything except Thril Rides will do. Relax and have a blast. You will get great photos.:wave:

Upvote 0

Susan Savia

When my 2 were infants we visited the parks and took them on nearly everything including shows (excepting roller coasters which I dont do anyways). Our kids got used to loud noises early on when we'd run the vaculm during nap time, etc.....so noise was not a factor. Its just common sense to not go on the fast, jerky type like Dinosaur with an infant. But there is an awful lot you can do and have fun!

Upvote 0

corey154

I just took my one year old son to WDW, we did the magic kingdom and epcot. We went on all the rides without hight restrictions, including pirates and he did fine. He looooved the country bears and the donald duck ride in the mexican pavillion. There were some rides that were dark and he was unsure of, but he'd just hug my neck and look around with awe. It was hot and he wore my rear end out, but he was laughing and clapping. He might not remember it, but me and my 10 year old daughter will. If I was you, I'd start off with rides like it's a small world and winnie the pooh and see how your baby does. There's always parent swap if you need too. We just took it easy, took lots of breaks in the a/c and had a great time! One thing I did was we went to the parks in the morning, then went back to the hotel for a rest in the afternoon and went back to the park around 6pm when the sun was starting to go down.

Upvote 0

nolatron

I just took my one year old son to WDW, we did the magic kingdom and epcot. We went on all the rides without hight restrictions, including pirates and he did fine. He looooved the country bears and the donald duck ride in the mexican pavillion. There were some rides that were dark and he was unsure of, but he'd just hug my neck and look around with awe. It was hot and he wore my rear end out, but he was laughing and clapping. He might not remember it, but me and my 10 year old daughter will. If I was you, I'd start off with rides like it's a small world and winnie the pooh and see how your baby does. There's always parent swap if you need too. We just took it easy, took lots of breaks in the a/c and had a great time! One thing I did was we went to the parks in the morning, then went back to the hotel for a rest in the afternoon and went back to the park around 6pm when the sun was starting to go down.

My wife and I are going to WDW in September with our daughter for the first time who'll be 19 months old. Seeing posts like this bring a smile to face thinking about how much she'll enjoy the parks.

We've planned our entire stay to benefit her schedule the most. Like you did, we have afternoon naps planned back at the hotel every day, and our meals are all counter service instead of table this time around (except for two character meals) to accommodate her eating schedule and whatever mood she may be in (ie: If she's ready to go, we can just get up and go rather than wait for a check and pay at a table meal).

Upvote 0

babydonald

Disney with Infants

My husband wanted to take our 3 yo for my husband's birthday. Our baby was just two weeks old. I had a c-section and walked the entire MK park with a baby bjorn carrier for my baby. We rode all the rodes without restrictions and he loved it/ slept through it. Babies typically are not the problem. It is when they are older that they cry but with a little planning most incidences can be avoided. Enjoy your vacation just keep your child's schedule in mind. When you do, everyone can enjoy the vacation.

Upvote 0

durangojim

I guess I'm on one extreme -- we have two children, one is three and the other is one. My three year old son has been to Disney 11 times and was there at 10 weeks, 3 months, 9 months, etc. My one year old daughter has been three times -- 8 weeks, 6 months, and 14 months. When the kids were around two months the only rides we did NOT take them on were the coasters, everything else including Pirates, HM, Peter Pan, etc was doable and fun. Our opinion is that an infant doesn't know what is scary unless an adult acts that way. We think all the rides are fun and not scary. Holding a child in your lap for any of those rides is safe and you should not worry about that, including the drop. People often tell me that their kids are too young to go to WDW and that the kids won't remember the trip, I think to myself how many trips do you remember as a young child even up to the age of five, then I think how many trips do the parents remeber and I'm betting that as a parent we remember all of them. Have a great time on your vacation!

Edit. jeez, just realized how old this thread is. Boy do I feel silly!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom