Saddly reporting Annette Funicello, passed on

PolynesianPrincess

I always love watching the old Mickey Mouse Club bits on the tvs at 50s Prime Time Cafe. And Annette was a guest on a Christmas special my family watches every year (Pee Wee's Christmas Special. Both Annette and Frankie Avalon are on it) She is a true Disney legend in my book. RIP Annette :(

zurgandfriend

I remember watching Annette Funicello on the Mickey Mouse Club, back when the Disney Channel actually aired classic Disney programs.

I on the other hand, remember watching Annette on the Mickey Mouse club when they were first run circa 1955-1959...sigh.

prberk

Yes, I was very sad to hear this today. My afternoon plans of spring cleaning can wait. I have the Annette serial from MMC to watch on YouTube.

The "Annette" MMC serial and some nice other material are all on the "Annette" edition of the Walt Disney Treasures silver box set, and are really worth checking out:

http://www.amazon.com/Walt-Disney-Treasures-Collectors-Packaging/dp/B001DPHDCO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1365445059&sr=8-1&keywords=walt disney treasures annette

Really wish they showed the orginal MMC on the Disney Channel still. Kids would understand these simple programs with nice serials and other things in them. Color TV was already everywhere when I was little, but I still watched these shows in the reruns of them that were on. While they were not perfect, they were good little shows, with good values and did not talk down to kids.

TP2000

So very sad to hear of this today. Annette was a class act throughout her entire career.

Here's Annette at Disneyland in 1962, introduced by Walt Disney for her performance at the Space Bar in Tomorrowland.

So nice to think Annette is saying hello to Walt again today, up in heaven. :)

DJMoore2011

I just read the news of Annette Funicello's passing, I wanted to start a thread to talk about the memories of watching her movies, or the Original Mouseketter's or anything like that. I hope I have this thread in the right spot

The first time I saw Annette Funicello was in the movies Babes in Toyland. I was amazed by her, she was what I always thought of as classy.

Please share your stories or memories of a Mouskeketeer.

DJMoore2011

I never got to meet her, but I always got the impression from TV that she was a wonderful lady. I watched Reruns of the Original Mickey Mouse Club and my favorite movie was Babes in Toyland. I sadly wonder how many of the Original Mouseketeers are still living?

Disvillain63

Thanks for being part of the 'magic', Annette.
3652.Annette_2D00_3.jpg

trr1

her last tv appearance according to IMDB was
Christmas at Pee Wee's Playhouse (TV 1988) and the last movie in theaters was

Back to the Beach (1987) which she was co-executive producer

Goofyernmost

I had posted this on another board...it will work here as well.

Sad, sad day for me and I'm sure multitudes of other boys coming of age, when she was shining so brightly on the Mickey Mouse Club.

She epitomized the girl that you longed to bring home to meet your parents and to walk hand in hand with down the street, showing off. A beautiful girl and an even more beautiful woman. She carried herself throughout her illness with class and dignity.

From now on when waiting in the preshow for the Muppets to start, I won't be able to look up to the ceiling and see that 'net full of jello', without a sense of sadness and a grin forming on my face. I knew this was going to happen sooner or later, but I was hoping for much, much later.:(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom