Saddly reporting Annette Funicello, passed on

prberk

A beautiful lady who always spoke of "Mr Disney" kindly and with reverence. RIP Annette.

That is true. Unlike so many other more recent child "stars" at Disney, she never felt like she needed to shed the good girl image that she had cultivated so much in her work for Disney. She was truly a good girl, and seemed honored and humbled to be seen as such.

What a blessing.

Tonka's Skipper

Original Poster
Article said she died of complications due to MS and has been in a coma for years.

Sad end to her life.

I am not sure about the coma *for years*. Didn't her home have a big fire 2 years ago..........she was seen in the news footage awake in a wheelchair, being wheeled around the home, looking at it.

fractal

I am not sure about the coma *for years*. Didn't her home have a big fire 2 years ago..........she was seen in the news footage awake in a wheelchair, being wheeled around the home, looking at it.

You are correct - not years. Looks like I misread it, which I'm glad for.
RIP

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Cut and pasted from wikipedia. Unfortunately, her health was bad before the fire -

In 2012, CTV profiled Funicello as an update on her after she had spent fifteen years out of the public eye. The profile revealed that her disease had severely damaged her nervous system; Funicello had lost the ability to walk in 2004 and the ability to speak in 2009, and she now required round-the-clock care to survive. In the profile, Holt and Fabares discussed Funicello's current state, as well as the numerous medical interventions and treatments attempted to improve her condition.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom