News Sad News: Richard Gerth, the Grand Floridian greeter, has passed away...

Horizons78

Grade "A" Funny...
Sad news, but what a life to have brought happiness to so many.

May we all be so lucky.

Thank you Richard.

dmvibd.jpg

brb1006

Still having a tough time finding the video, but I think he's seen in this video briefly around the 18 second mark of this video for Port Orleans Resort.

He's also seen briefly in this video around the 30 minute mark.

Last edited:

mrerk

Premium Member
So I worked with Mr. Gerth for a brief period and he was a great man. And I get that it’s new and he wasn’t your “average” faceless name tag.

But @MansionButler84 is right.

Windows on Main Street are for pioneers and contributors that were large pieces of the puzzle.

And while Mr. Gerth will be missed by many...he was not the only one to have a special place that will never be memorialized. There are others...I mentioned earlier and can attest that Stan the Man, wilderness lodge ranger, was a master at making people smile...just watching him interact was a show. I believe he is gone now as well and won’t be memorialized.

There are many more.

I would be fine if they did a tribute...where do I donate?

But Mr. Gerth was there for the experience...it was a two way street. He would be the first to tell you that no plaque is needed. As most of our wise elders would. The reward for him - I have no doubt - was the time...
Typical of the greatest generation. They literally saved the free world! Most of them would barely speak of it, let alone seek recognition for it. RIP Richard

Rescue Ranger

We'll greatly miss Richard. It was always a highlight and special moment to visit with him during every visit. His presence will always be felt walking through the entrance of Grand Floridian.

noodles

Disney should give a yearly award, named after Mr. Gerth, to a resort CM that makes the magic happen in a big way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom