S/O Overheard at WDW

BigRedDad

It must be kinda crazy to be so obscenely rich that you can go to the bank, ask for $20k to take the family to Disney World, and they'll just hand over cash without any problem.
They do it to remain on their step level in their social circle. If they go down one in the group, then their group looks down on them even more. It doesn't matter how far in debt they are, they do everything to keep that spot. If a person they think is below them buys a new car, they go buy one nicer. It is ridiculous to watch. The kids love it because they get whatever they want but the family is broke.

KBLovedDisney

Not sure if this qualifies, but...:) I said this in another thread, but last trip we took to Disney, I made the mistake of drinking an entire bottle of soda before getting on the bus for the Magic Kingdom. I was so happy and so relaxed that I had forgotten that soda produces gas which in turn produces burpage. ... I burped so freakin loud that I scared a little kid in front of me. Safe to say I was embarrassed, but it was soooo dang funny that I scared a kid from burping that I was laughing too hard to care. Not to mention the entire back of the bus including myself was in hysterics.

Sans Souci

I don't know if I am just oblivious, but I don't recall overhearing any silly conversations around me. People making a scene, yes. Silly conversations, no.

21stamps

I don't know if I am just oblivious, but I don't recall overhearing any silly conversations around me. People making a scene, yes. Silly conversations, no.
This made me feel good!!!
I don't either. I've encountered rude people, but never overheard any silly conversations. I think I'm oblivious to others while at WDW.. unless thepushing me on the monorail or pushing a stroller into me.lol.

I did meet a couple while in line for the Tea Cups who over heard me relaying wait times to my kid, and they asked how I was getting that info. I told them about MDE. They were visiting America on their honeymoon and at MK for 1 day only, spur of the moment decision.
Not to digress from the topic at hand, but this made me laugh because when I was a kid, my parents wanted to take me to see Cats on Broadway, but I had heard that the "cats" come out into the audience, and I was allergic to and afraid of cats so I didn't want to go! LOL
This is the best story ever!!!

danyoung56

I like to hit that center point between being oblivious and walking around BIG EARED and hoping I heard something juicy. Sometimes people just wander in to your space, and you've just gotta hear whatever silliness they're spouting. It hasn't happened a LOT of times for me, as I tend to just shut everyone out and do what I'm focused on doing. But sometimes, when you overhear that perfect tidbit . . . well, it just adds to the magic!

cheshiresmile

One of my favorite overheard moments was when I was in the restroom next to Star Tours, standing at the urinal; I heard a little kid walk in singing the Imperial March theme ("dun dun dun, dun dee dun, dun dee dun...") and saw he was wearing a Darth Vader helmet. He walked up to a urinal, dropped his pants, and started making lightsaber sounds as he peed. It was really hard not to laugh out loud.
OMG I can see my son doing this! LOLOLOL

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom