Running in the Princess Half Marathon

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
i'm running for the first time in the princess half marathon next february! woo hoo! :sohappy: after reading so many great trip reports and talking to friends who have ran in past years, i decided that i would run this year! i've never run any race before but i figured there was no better motivation to train than a trip to wdw! my fiancé is nice enough to run with me. :D i just called today to book our room for the trip. we are staying at pofq. very exciting! now that we are registered and have a room booked, its official!!

anyone else running this year?

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
thanks holly! i am really excited. although now that we are registered and the room is booked, i realize that i really need to start training hardcore! :lol: i have been kind of taking it easy and now i realize that the time is winding down for me to get into shape to be able to finish the race. february seems so far away but i know it will be here before we know it.

HollyBelle

I second Shannon... you still have plenty of time to train. We spent some time getting a decent base up over the first part of the summer, but we just started our actual training plan for the Wine and Dine Half. Just finished Week 1 of 8! The countdown is on. And I forgot to mention it earlier, but Princess Wes really does have a nice ring to it! :D I love a man who's secure enough to run a Princess race with his woman! :lol: I'm already looking forward to your report.

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
You guys will have a blast! Don't worry, you have plenty of time to train! :sohappy:

thanks! i have never ran in any race before so i am worried about training. i am glad that i still have plenty of time!

I second Shannon... you still have plenty of time to train. We spent some time getting a decent base up over the first part of the summer, but we just started our actual training plan for the Wine and Dine Half. Just finished Week 1 of 8! The countdown is on. And I forgot to mention it earlier, but Princess Wes really does have a nice ring to it! :D I love a man who's secure enough to run a Princess race with his woman! :lol: I'm already looking forward to your report.

woo hoo! have fun at the wine and dine half! :lol: yes, princess wes wasn't super thrilled when he found out it was a princess themed race but he is being a real trooper. and i waited to tell him what time the race starts until after we had already registered :lol: he wasn't thrilled about that either! but it should be fun and he is really excited that this race has me motivated to go to the gym. i have always hated the gym but i will do anything for disney.

Ariel484

Just find a plan and stick to it as best you can...you'll be fine! I used the Jeff Galloway plan from runDisney.com and it got me to the finish line with a smile on my face. :D

Also, just an FYI...the tech shirts that come with the entry fee are in women's sizes, so I hope Princess Wes chose accordingly! My brother and I ran the race this past February and he ordered his shirt in a medium (his normal size), not realizing that they weren't unisex. He was easily able to exchange it at the expo for an XL though.

Happy training! :sohappy:

mraphael

I'm running the Princess Half this year....It will be my third Disney race! I'm super pumped about running this one because I'll be running with one of my great friends :)

I also use the Jeff Galloway running program for all of my long races and it's perfect for beginners!! No time like the present to start training! At least get a good base of 4-6 miles :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom