runDisney Virtual Running Events

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Call me dumb but do I need to DO anything after I run my 5k? Do I have to tell Disney or is this all on the honor system and they'll send medals regardless?

HiJe

I just ran my first one yesterday also. I don't know why, but I'm stuck thinking I can only do 1 a month. Even though I know thats not the case.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I just ran my first one yesterday also. I don't know why, but I'm stuck thinking I can only do 1 a month. Even though I know thats not the case.

For the past years, it was one a month - June, July and August. You'd enter the date and time on runDisney's website for each completed race. I'm thinking the process was changed this year due to all the different stay at home orders.

RememberWhen

Original Poster
We’re doing one a month, just for kicks. I do wish we could enter times. Kiddo would think that was pretty cool and it would feel more real/official.

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
Was it ever actually required to submit a time to get the medals? 2019 and 2020 Star Wars half are the only other Disney virtual races I’ve done, but I don’t think I submitted a time for either one and got my medals. Granted, I haven’t done a summer series before this one.

Rteetz

Was it ever actually required to submit a time to get the medals? 2019 and 2020 Star Wars half are the only other Disney virtual races I’ve done, but I don’t think I submitted a time for either one and got my medals. Granted, I haven’t done a summer series before this one.
Nope

Texas84

I thought it was required for the Kessel challenge since it had a due date to submit a time. I could be wrong.

RememberWhen

Original Poster
We ran our first of the series this past weekend.
3.57 miles
1 hr 4 min
18:01 min/mile
Mostly we walked but we did try to get in some jogging. The dog only made it about a mile and a half. DS 8 did great! DD3 in the stroller was bored but she had snacks and books.
We’re all looking forward to July!

Demarke

Premium Member
That is correct.
Not saying that’s wrong, but I didn’t submit a virtual time for 2019, but did for 2020 and got both medals. I think it’s more of a submission date for finisher certificate purposes or possibly to keep people motivated. What moreso leads me to think it’s not required, I cannot find any mention on the virtual race page or FAQ section that says it’s required. I can’t imagine Disney would set themselves up for angry participants paying that much money for literally nothing if they didn’t submit their time, at least not without making that stipulation front and center and in big bold letters.

That said, I could see them giving the virtual medal but not the challenge medal if a time wasn’t submitted (even though I got both in 2019, I did register only like 1-2 weeks before the event, so I might’ve been given a pass).

Last edited:

surfsupdon

My grand idea of being in Disney on July 5th, 7/5, to run the Space Mtn virtual around Crescent Lake then ride SM that night is no more.

I am still planning on July 5th, again for the year Space opened (1975), but will run it here in my hometown!

Anybody else still have virtual summer races ahead??

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
My grand idea of being in Disney on July 5th, 7/5, to run the Space Mtn virtual around Crescent Lake then ride SM that night is no more.

I am still planning on July 5th, again for the year Space opened (1975), but will run it here in my hometown!

Yes. 2 runDisney and another one.

Demarke

Premium Member

I’ve done my Disney ones, but just recently found out that they cancelled the delayed August date for the Cooper River Bridge Run and turned it virtual, so I went out and did a Congaree River run (with lots of little bridges) yesterday, but will probably repeat it today or sometime this weekend. MapMyRun has been acting up on me lately, three of the miles appear to be accurately paced and about three show up about 1.5-2 minutes faster than I think I was running. I’m not sure if the app is getting glitchy or my Apple Watch gps is starting to malfunction, I’ll probably run it again with my phone to see if i can get a more reliable result.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom