runDisney Virtual Running Events

Surferboy567

I just rocketed off to space to complete my second 5K in the series! One more to go.

Just like the Mad Tea Party I only watched space mountain videos the entire run to match the theme. This included history videos, ride POV’s (including overlays forgot Rockin Space Mountain).

Finally here are the stats! 2:04 faster then the Mad Tea Party.

Time: 47:25
Distance: 3.12 miles
Avg Pace: 15’09/mi

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Tea Party Virtual 5K done.

Is there no place on the rD website this year to put in your stats?

Last edited:

LAKid53

Premium Member
To be honest...it’s not that bad this way since you have more control over how the finisher looks when you edit it yourself. Would be nice if they did it both ways though.

I guess since they won't be mailing the medals until September..... But I usually got my medals within a month of posting the date and time I ran the first race in June.

Surferboy567

I guess since they won't be mailing the medals until September..... But I usually got my medals within a month of posting the date and time I ran the first race in June.

It seems random when they ship out the medals...I’m sure everyone here will keep us updated if they receive anything. I’ve been checking my registration page just to make sure everything was in order.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
I’m pretty sure when I registered it indicated that the medals would not be shipped until after the end of the event. And I am wondering once June rolls around if we will be able to record times for the first race as in the past.

LAKid53

Premium Member
I’m pretty sure when I registered it indicated that the medals would not be shipped until after the end of the event. And I am wondering once June rolls around if we will be able to record times for the first race as in the past.

I re-read the info and yes, states medals won't be shipped until conclusion of the events. Which is sad....I hung up each medal after completing the race.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
I re-read the info and yes, states medals won't be shipped until conclusion of the events. Which is sad....I hung up each medal after completing the race.

You‘ll still get yours before me - I used my sister’s address but that means I won’t get them until she comes here or I go there. And since her October trip is now off the table...

LAKid53

Premium Member
You‘ll still get yours before me - I used my sister’s address but that means I won’t get them until she comes here or I go there. And since her October trip is now off the table...

They don't have mail from her address in the US to yours?

Surferboy567

Last night, I ran though Gracey Manor to complete the last of Virtual Challenge Races, the Haunted Mansion 5K!

As I did with the others I only watched Haunted Mansion History videos, and ride POV’s to match the theme.

My Stats for the Haunted Mansion 5K:

Time: 47:29
Distance: 3.12 mi
Avg Pace: 15’11/mi

Since this is the last of the challenge races here is my stats for all the runs.

5K #1 April (Mad-Tea Party)

Just finished my first virtual 5K Mad Tea Party! I plan to do one a month to keep myself looking forward to the next race. 2 more to go!

The entire time I watched Mad Tea Party and Alice in Wonderland attraction videos to match the theme. This included history videos, ride POV‘s, and soundtracks.

Did you know the ride at Disneyland features a goofy laugh?

Time: 49:29
Avg Pace: 15’44 (I did it!)
Distance: 3.14 mi

5K #2 May (Space Mountain)

I just rocketed off to space to complete my second 5K in the series! One more to go.

Just like the Mad Tea Party I only watched space mountain videos the entire run to match the theme. This included history videos, ride POV’s (including overlays forgot Rockin Space Mountain).

Finally here are the stats! 2:04 faster then the Mad Tea Party.

Time: 47:25
Distance: 3.12 miles
Avg Pace: 15’09/mi

My completion time for the runDisney 2020 virtual challenge was: 144:29

EDIT: Really looking forward to adding those medals to my collection.

Last edited:

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
i really need to run these. Moving to Fl I haven't been able to run more than about 1.5 miles due to the humidity and the gyms are still closed for me to get on a treadmill

RememberWhen

Original Poster
We’re tentatively planning our first of the series this weekend. I suspect our time will be quite high as we’re running as a family (with a 3yo in a stroller, an 8yo and dog in tow). I wish they sent the medals after you ran the race. Getting them all in the fall is kind of disappointing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom