runDisney Star Wars Events

lukacseven

No chance.
What happened to the post-race perks? Are people just so tired after the marathon that they don't go out at night? Are there that many people staying off-property? Do people depart for home? I remember they used get a big crowd at Please Island back when they included free admission for runners. But, I thought the post-race party at HS was a great idea, although very sparsely attended. I get the extra $$ to have to have cast members there later, but most concessions were closed and attractions were limited. Didn't help that it was below 30 degrees that night or that non-runners had to pay. I think the longest we waited for any ride was less than 5 minutes. Marathon Monday was also a great idea and I don't feel like MK was any more crowded than usual. I'd settle for a one-day unlimited Fastpass for all half finishers.

iubigman

Here is the list of things I plan on eating at Boardwalk after my finishing the 10K (My first 10K ever).

Funnel Cake with Ice Cream
Key Lime Tart
Watermelon Margarita
SmokeHouse Burger
Cigar City Jai Alai IPA
Maybe water

Anyone else planning a post-run pig out?
Absolutely. We're going to have an early lunch/brunch at Homecomin' (because it's our favorite), and then eat/drink all around World Showcase the rest of the day.

love disney

The Star Wars Rivals Run 5k will be my first runDisney event (though I did run the Castaway Cay 5k last year with a major stress fracture in my leg...but at least I finally got off the couch!). Any advice on the best way to get to the race start area? We will be staying at Port Orleans French Quarter...will there be a bus/shuttle or do we drive ourselves? Thanks for any advice!

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
The Star Wars Rivals Run 5k will be my first runDisney event (though I did run the Castaway Cay 5k last year with a major stress fracture in my leg...but at least I finally got off the couch!). Any advice on the best way to get to the race start area? We will be staying at Port Orleans French Quarter...will there be a bus/shuttle or do we drive ourselves? Thanks for any advice!

runDisney provides transportation to both the Expo at WWoS (where you pick up your race bib & shirt and spend the equivalent of the GDP of a small country on merchandise 😉) and to/from the race staging area and finish line from your Disney resort. The transportation is not Disney, but Mears, the same company that runs both MDE and the cruise buses. You might even ride on one of the cruise buses.

The digital race guide will have particulars, such as what time the buses run both for Expo days and race days. There will be signs at your resort directing you to the spot to pick up your bus. Each resort bus will be designated by a number and color.

Chet Dakota

If you are staying on property, definitely take the runDisney provided transportation.

Gucci65

Little worried about the 10k in April. I did the 5 and 10 on marathon weekend in January and I managed to make my plantar fasciitis worse! And to add insult to injury, I got runners toe on the same foot! So I'm fine training, but crippled afterwards. I will be the gimpy one in the last corral.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Little worried about the 10k in April. I did the 5 and 10 on marathon weekend in January and I managed to make my plantar fasciitis worse! And to add insult to injury, I got runners toe on the same foot! So I'm fine training, but crippled afterwards. I will be the gimpy one in the last corral.

You'll have plenty of company.

LAKid53

Premium Member

There was a volunteer in a scooter right after the hydration tables at the finish line this morning. I told him I wanted to borrow his scooter. He laughed and said I wasn't the 1st to ask that. I told him I'd pay. He said others had offered him $$.

Gucci65

There was a volunteer in a scooter right after the hydration tables at the finish line this morning. I told him I wanted to borrow his scooter. He laughed and said I wasn't the 1st to ask that. I told him I'd pay. He said others had offered him $$.
Thats awesome!!! My age (53) never bothers me until I run. When my knees and feet are screaming at me then I start thinking of all the things I should and should not have done prior to deciding to run my first race at age 50 lol

LAKid53

Premium Member
Thats awesome!!! My age (53) never bothers me until I run. When my knees and feet are screaming at me then I start thinking of all the things I should and should not have done prior to deciding to run my first race at age 50 lol

I'm a few years older than you. I'll never do the Full Marathon - my feet wouldn't survive. And I'm not sure the rest of me would either.

NormC

I am doing all three. My half marathon time is going to suck. I tore my medial meniscus back in October and physical therapy has helped but I haven't been able to fully train. I will be gimpy as well.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Neither the Half, Challenge or Kessel are sold out. People waiting for 2020 in anticipation of running through Galaxy's Edge?

Chet Dakota

I think I read that they had about half the runners for the WDW Marathon in 2019 as they had in 2018? Maybe the bubble has burst with runDisney. However, I will imagine that the 2020 Star Wars runs will be sold out quickly.

HiJe

Does anyone know if the courses have changed (for the 10k in particular) or are they same as the most recent events?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom